4-Year Portable Electronics Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Icom ID-51A Plus2 VHF/UHF Portable Digital D-STAR Transceiver - 5.5W Max - Black
|Price:||$379.95 & FREE Shipping|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Output power: 5.5/2.5/1/0.5 Watts
- RX Frequencies: A Band - 136-174MHz, 380-479MHz; B Band - 108-174MHz, 380-479MHz
- Channels: 1304
- Waterproof rating: IPX7
- GPS: Built-in
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
BaoFeng BF-F8HP (UV-5R 3rd Gen) 8-Watt Dual Band Two-Way Radio (136-174MHz VHF & 400-520MHz UHF) Includes Full Kit with Large Battery
Kenwood Original TH-D74A 144/220/430 MHz Triband With Ultimate in APRS and D-Star Performance (Digital) Handheld Transceiver - 5W
Yaesu Original FT-2DR 144/430 Dual Band Digital/Analog C4FM/FM Handheld Amateur Transceiver
Icom ID-31A Plus UHF (430 - 450MHz) D-Star HT Transceiver
Tri-Band Yaesu VX-6R Submersible Amateur Ham Radio Transceiver (144/222/440)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||GigaParts||BaoFeng Tech||eDeal Nexus||eDeal Nexus||GigaParts||Hamcity com|
|Item Dimensions||—||2 x 10.5 x 2 in||1.33 x 2.2 x 4.72 in||2.44 x 1.28 x 4.33 in||—||1.12 x 2.28 x 3.5 in|
The D-STAR Evolution continues with the ID-51A PLUS2!
Over the years, Icom has taken the D-STAR protocol to new levels with each generation of portables. The latest update incorporates popular features found in the original ID-51A, including integrated GPS, an independent AM/FM receiver and V/V, U/U, V/U Dualwatch, the enhancements for digital operation and compatibility with the RS-MS1A free Android application found in the PLUS models. The PLUS2 adds Terminal and Access Point modes for your own personal communications portal into the Global *D-STAR network! *Icom gateway networkExtend D-STAR coverage
The new Terminal mode and Access point mode enable you to make D-STAR calls through the Internet, even from areas where no D-STAR repeater is accessible.
- Terminal mode - Connect the ID-51A PLUS2 to the Internet through a PC or Android® device, and send your voice and/or data through the Internet gateway to a destination repeater.
- Access point mode - Use an ID-51A PLUS2 radio connected to the Internet through a PC or Android® device, as an Access point. You can use another D-STAR radio to send your voice and/or data through the Access point radio, and communicate with D-STAR stations all over the world.
By using data in place of voice frames, the ID-51A transfers data 3.5 times faster (3480 bps) than in the conventional DV mode (with voice). Pictures taken by an Android™ device can be quickly transmitted in the DV Fast Data mode.
*The DV Fast Data mode is not compatible with the DV mode low-speed data communication.
The repeater search function searches for nearby analog FM repeaters as well as DV repeaters using the repeater memories and the integrated GPS*.
*To use the repeater search function, the position data of the repeater is required.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The menu system is intuitive, and programming manually or via software is easy enough. The battery life is okay. I have to charge it daily, even when I'm just monitoring frequencies. I get better battery life out of my Yaesu FT-60r, and Baofeng when using monitoring. I've done a few nets with this radio, and the battery life drains a lot faster for obvious transmit reasons, than my other radios. I'm sure this has to do with the size of the battery, but I'm just pointing out what to expect out of the box.