Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on May 20, 2013
When I began the 8 week program I had no idea what HIIT (high intensity interval training) was, and I could not do a "real" push up. I don't do gyms, and while I could collect several exercise DVDs and rotate them, I like having a program with structure because it gives me a goal - to complete it, make it all the way through. I challenge myself, I tell myself that I have to finish it, that I can do it, that I will do it. The program was very good about upping the difficulty each week and making sure that you knew that you were being challenged. I will note that while the program came with nutritional guides and such, I did not follow them. It seemed like a nice, solid, and balanced plan, but I do my own thing in terms of nutrition, and my methods work well for me. I could never follow a plan that said "eat this now, and eat that then," while that method works for some, it does not work for me.

Just following the work out portion of the plan, I dropped a total of 24 pounds and lost a total of 11 inches (4.5 from waist, 3 from hips, 2.5 from thighs, 1 from upper arm for those of you who are curious). I dropped to a size 6, and can reliably do a set of push ups. The program was not always easy, but it was very rewarding, and seeing the numbers at the end give me a feeling of accomplishment and make me very happy for all those days that I got up and worked out anyway, even though I really didn't want to, or was not in the mood.

The trainer is good, he is very enthusiastic about exercise, and his attitude shines through, and also makes you enthusiastic about it. He is very hyper, uplifting, and encouraging, but not to the point of being annoying. If you don't like trainers like Jillian Michaels, you will probably love this guy - his style is almost exactly the opposite. (No offense, I rather enjoy Jillian). As one reviewer said, he comes across as though he cannot imagine the workout not being fun, but this attitude is contagious, and it helps you begin to view the workouts as fun. I actually looked forward to getting up and doing them every other day. And note, I am the type of person who will not do a workout if I dislike the trainer.

Each week you get the same warm up (5 mins) and then two circuits of six moves, followed by a five minute stretch/cool down. The circuits got progressively harder each week, and certain moves would build on previous weeks movements. (For example, a side plank one week, advanced to a side plank with a hip raise the next week). Weeks 1-4 are focused on burning fat, while 5-8 are focused on building muscle. You'll need about 45 minutes each day to complete the workouts.

I'm sure that eventually I'll go through this program again. Don't get me wrong, it was not without it's flaws (thus four stars and not five) - some of the moves I could not do (bothered my back), the trainer sometimes did not cue well, the warm up and cool down was the exact same every week, and two of the exercise demonstrators had really horrible form (Lauren and Ethan. The other three + the trainer did a fine job with beautiful form).

But despite these flaws, the program was - at least for me - worth investing $30.00 and eight weeks of my time. It has also elevated my fitness to a level that makes me feel confident to take on other programs and challenges.
on March 15, 2013
I'm liking this set of workouts. I'm 3 weeks in, and I can't wait for week 4. One reviewer said it was not structured...no idea what his definition of structure is. This is an easy to follow routine...3 workouts a week...each week has a labeled disc. I love that as soon as I finished week 1, I was able to complete it and sad to start a new routine. THEN, week 2 kicked my butt with new exercises. I was really worried about week 3, but now I am loving the challenge of being able to complete each week as it comes. The first time kills me, second time I feel way more confident, and then the third time is fairly easy as my mind is kept wondering what challenges await the next week. I haven't used the push up stands as they just don't do it for me. Body weight exercises are amazingly challenging as presesnted here...side planks are a beast. I like the new ways I have found to exercise through these workouts. The trainer keeps me motivated...even though the side planks go on forever in week 2 (imo). It looks like there was a rise in price...I understand why. I would pay fifty for it, but I am glad to have gotten it at thirty. No equipment needed for this one. Body weight training is now my new friend. X-Factor ST now, You Are Your Own Gym next.
This is actually an entire workout series, and it is a well done one at that.

Yes, it does come with the swivel push-up devices, but it also includes a complete DVD set.

The workouts are a little challenging. So, this might not be the very first workout set you do, but the workouts are comprehensive and use limited equipment. They are great for a dorm room or someone on travel.

I really liked the X-Factor set, and for the price you cannot beat it.

In service,

Rich
on August 31, 2016
Better than P90x and insanity, and sooooo much cheaper.

It's easy to use, effective and a nessicary for all homebody workout lovers.
on June 5, 2013
My wife and I both love it and have gone throough the program a couple of times and now my son is doing it.
on April 8, 2013
good for people new to exercise as it gets a little harder each week, the instructor has trouble keeping time sometimes, but overall, a good DVD workout program for the price, especially for those who don't want to invest in P90X
on January 10, 2015
I got this as a gift for my sister while she was living abroad and feeling frustrated about lack of access to a gym, and weather making it not feasible to exercise outside. She loves the set, and still uses it now that she is back state side. Availability of global shipping narrowed down my options, and this set seemed to provide the most content for the price, which is how I ultimately decided on this product.
on April 23, 2015
So far a good workout
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 21, 2013
These are good, complete workouts at a good price!

Each one is about 30-40 minutes with a variety of body weight exercises.
I have worked up a great sweat with each one and I really enjoy them.
Wow, were my glutes sore the first week.

I especially like the 3 times per week regiment. It encourages me to
go hiking, jogging or to my Tang Soo Do class on days off. Muscle
confusion is a good way to a fit body.

I've just started the program but I plan on continuing.
I'll write a review update when I've gone
through the entire 8 weeks and the bonus videos.
on May 12, 2014
The first of the 12 dvds frozen a several times for just a second. Had to clean it off seems ok now. I'm hoping not to have a problems with the rest of the dvds. The shipping price was outrageous, the only reason I bought it anyway was because it was the most inexpensive with the shipping cost. Wouldn't buy from the seller again at such a high rate.