Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 110 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 138 reviews
on October 15, 2013
I loved Icon For Hire's debut album, Scripted, and this new one does not disappoint! They have stepped up their sound with this album. It is definitely more pop-heavy, but has its rock breakdowns throughout.

"Cynics & Critics" is probably the song most similar to their original album. It reminds me of Make a Move, their first single from Scripted, but has a unique flavor to it.

"Sorry About Your Parents" has a haunting sound to it. While it has some sarcasm to it and could be taken as being too harsh, I truly believe this message of not wallowing in your past and hurt, but instead standing up and moving forward, is something today's young people need to hear loud and clear. Knowing Icon For Hire's passion for this type of crowd, I am confident this song is out of love and a desire to see people overcome!

"Slow Down" is one of two slower ballads on this album. It is beautiful! Ariel's voice nails this gorgeous, sweet song. I love the use of bells throughout. The message of this song is a great reminder to focus on what we have and the beauty around us.

"Think I'm Sick" gives a totally new sound to Icon. I immediately thought Lady Gaga, but with a harder rock sound. I love the electronic aspect to it as well.

"Fix Me" is the second ballad on this album. What a lovely song with a great message. This is absolutely one of my favorites from this album.

"Rock and Roll Thugs" hits on the topic of how well-meaning family members or pastors can often focus on the "type" of music kids listen to and try to change this part of their life. They miss how this music may be a part of these kids and they refuse to even hear them out or encourage them. I think this is a major problem in today's culture and I love how Icon nailed this issue through Rock and Roll Thugs.

"Pop Culture" totally has a Britney Spears sound. It is amazing how every song has a new sound to it. My favorite line from this: "High Fructose Hollywood." As always, they speak to the problem with pop culture today.

Last but not least, "Counting on Hearts" is my favorite on this album! It's a tribute to the fans and has some of the coolest electronic sounds, as well as some nice haunting choir harmonies in the background.

Overall, this album is a step in the right direction. Icon for Hire has developed their own sound and it works. WONDERFUL.
on September 19, 2017
I love Icon For Hire. There's not a song I've heard by them that I dislike. The CD wouldn't just run when I put it in my laptop but eventually it started. Not able to tell if it was my machine or the CD. I also bought "Scripted" from this same seller. The CDs work and I love the music. If you're a fan of this band, I recommend buying their CD "You Can't Kill Us" directly from their website in order to support them but my purchase here was smooth sailing also.
on October 18, 2013
As a followup to Scripted the long anticipates self titled album does not dissappoint From the first track to the last the vocals of Ariel are flawless as always. There are some strong messages of survival and power all the way through the album. I have had the album less than 24 hours as I write this and have listened to it in it's entirety seven times and some tracks I repeated just to enjoy them all the more. Whether a cynic or critic or counting on hearts you will be sure to enjoy Adam, Shawn and Ariel's mastery.
on April 15, 2014
I Am In LOVE With This Band!

If you Like Paramore, Superchick, Old Avril Lavigne, VersaEmerge, Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin ....
they are pop punk and alternative metal elements with strings and electronics. Loud fast music, but the lyrics are clear, and clean.they are generally put into the category of christian music. THEY ARE NOT. BUT their lyrics are clean. and they have good messages.

She sounds like Paramore, But with more (Think First CD) OLD Britney Spears music, but heavy drums and guitars.
think 'oops I did it agian'(britney Spears) synth and pop-y background with 'Diary of jane' (breaking benjamin) Guitars, base, and drums. Then, You've got (paramore) singing 'thats what you get'

I saw them Live, they are fantastic live. Ariel has a FANTASTIC voice, and those guys really know what they are doing with their instruments. If you want something to sing to, thats got a good beat, this is it! songs for sad days, days when you are on a mission, bad days, and some for good days too!
on October 22, 2014
What a brilliant follow up to their dynamic debut 'Scripted'.This band is unrelenting in the touring they do,albeit just in the States at this stage,but still they are relatively unknown,and that is a real shame.Often likened to Paramore,Icon.. are a pop explosion that is as infectious as Ebola.The songs certainly get stuck in your head.Fronted by purple-haired beauty Ariel Bloomer who can truly belt out some tunes they cover all the bases of teenage angst and lace it with the trials and tribulations of being a young adult in the 21st century.Some heart-felt ballads are interspersed between radio friendly tracks that for some reason AREN'T on the radio.I hope one day Icon.. will reach a bigger audience,their songs are worthy of it,and the band are just good honest people sending out some positive messages.If you enjoy Paramore definitely give this album a listen!
on November 12, 2013
I like it, though I still favor their "Scripted" album. Much of the metal flavor in Scripted is replaced with an inventive fusion of synth pop, rap, and rock pushing the manic limits of angst and intolerant rants. It reminds me a bit of Gwen Stefani's solo departure from No Doubt, but with Icon's socially directed angst replacing Gwen's boyfriend pining. I also like that the lyrics are clean, and Ariel's "me against the world" attitude pushing through every song. I'd prefer to hear a more guitar driven sound, but still it's still a very enjoyable album even after the initial shock of their sound change. Still one of my top 5 favorite current bands, though I hope they don't slide much further away from their original sound.
on October 18, 2013
This is one of the best albums I have ever owned, and I am 32 and have owned many albums. Icon for Hire's unique style of rock-techno-pop keeps the songs incredibly catchy without loosing it's rock edge. It's a sound that varied quite a bit from their previous album "Scripted." They were given full creative control on this one and it shows. If you are tired of factory-produced pop music you need to have this album. This band is one of my favorites and I was blown away at this album. I bought it off of Amazon MP3 for $6.99 and it's worth well over twelve bucks. Buy it! Oh, and they are also awesome live too.
on June 19, 2017
Great Album, Saw them live got the CD signed
on December 1, 2015
Icon For Hire is such a great self titled album. I can't even begin to explain just how creative and in touch with reality their songs are. Every one of their songs has some sort of meaning behind it and each song brings a unique, catchy tune that you're likely to get stuck in your head. This album has a very different sound than their previous one, but they managed to keep their meaningful lyrics. Overall I give this band and their album, 5+ stars!
on October 22, 2013
This album is much more in depth and personal than Scripted was (and I like Scripted). I have to admit, I probably would have added this album to my wish list and eventually purchased it when I got around to it. However, I went to see them perform and was really impressed. They played a flawless show with a lot of energy and played several songs from this album, which sealed the deal for me, so I bought it the day it was released. I would have liked to buy it directly from the band at the show but they ran out of CDs, which is a good problem for them to have, I suppose.