- Paperback: 312 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (June 4, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118523229
- ISBN-13: 978-1118523223
- Product Dimensions: 3.8 x 0.6 x 4.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 26 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #123,934 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Idea to iPhone: The essential guide to creating your first app for the iPhone and iPad 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
"Warlight" by Michael Ondaatje
A dramatic coming-of-age story set in the decade after World War II, "Warlight" is the mesmerizing new novel from the best-selling author of "The English Patient." Pre-order today
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
You can create killer apps from scratch without a bit of programming experience!
Have a great idea for an app but don't know how to build one? No problem. Even if programming your TV remote control is a major challenge, the amazing simple process outlined in this book will have you creating brilliant apps for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in no time--guranteed.
Already have an app but don't know how to storm it up the charts? Problem solved.
Armed with app expert Carla White's proven marketing tips you may soon be joining the ranks of people worldwide who have turned their apps passions into apps fortunes.
This fun, easy-to-read guide show you how to:
- Come up with positively addictive app ideas
- Design an app that is both gorgeous and effortless to use
- Hire quality developers you can trust and afford
- Test your app sp it's absolutely bug free before launching
- harness the power of social media to make your app famous
- launch with a bang that Apple and the media can't ignore
- Grow your audience by tweaking, maintaining, and perfecting your app
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Right away, the author addresses many of the excuses a novice app developer imagines in their mind including my favorites: "I don't have the time.", "The app market is saturated. I don't stand a chance.", and "What if I fail?".
"People want apps that give them superpowers, help them solve a problem, or simply let them unwind." Chapter 2 is all about the idea for an app. This chapter is my favorite since it is a gold mine of ideas and strategies.
Finding, contracting, and working with a software developer for app code and test is the big topic for Chapter 4. Being a non-iOS seasoned coder myself, I am intrigued with how hard others find working with us. Humbling ...
Chapters 5-7 are all about going live! I'm not there yet. However, the author has been there. She knows how.
Everyone knows that success in the app store, or any endeavor, means going the distance. Something about perseverance.
- There are numerous relevant links through the book. Several of the links have accelerated my development or provided a solution (e.g., tribes/proxies, cloud options, testing options/links, graphic design tips).
- This is a personal journey for the author. She shares an amazing amount of lessons, tips, and advice based on actual first-hand experience. She includes failures (e.g., ambiguous screen mockups in a design spec). She has style and it clearly shows in her writing.
- This is a hands-on practical book: process-based development, steps to succeed, list of tools, tribal proxies for feedback, relevant links, and lots of tips from the author.
- It's a well-written guide that gets to each point succinctly. It is not an 1100-page programming reference manual - thank you very much!
- None noted.
Carla White has done a great job with this book. From the book's introduction:
"Now I'd like to share everything I learned with you, so you can do it too."
I could not be more pleased with this purchase!
Written in an accessible language, with subtle tips but at the same time formidable. There are a lot of helpful links through the book. Besides that she relates her personal journey, telling experiences that can help all readers.
I could not be more pleased with this purchase!