Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on November 25, 2012
This product serves a double purpose! The light is bright and the compartment is big enough for what I need. Small bottles will fit but I find it better to bag up anything else before puting it in there, you can fit more and it won't rattle. I placed mine above closet door (inside top) so you can't see it just by looking at the closet. Thats the biggest Plus its up hi and away from anyone acidently bumping into it!!! Working great so far! Now a couple of cons,sorry but the battery compartment would not stay shut(fixed that with scotch tape)it takes 3 aa batterys,and the screws it came with striped right off (used a screw driver) Fixed that with larger (3) screws and a screw gun....it's up there now...lol...It's not easyly twisted apart to get into (Picture made it seem like it was on a hinge, it's not) so I think it's going to be ok. All in all it's a very useful,practical product.
on September 7, 2011
This is good quality. I didn't want ledge inside, wanted to hide a push button lock with key inside. I cut out middle shelf and it was perfect. Bolted inside of lock to wall which then holds light to wall too. This was put on wall by my office door which happened to need a little lighting. Even employees don't know it is hiding a lock that is holding a key.
44 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2013
I recently bought this item. However I found it to be deceptively large (yes, I know the description clearly says 8", haha). But, it's quite obviously too thick to be just a light, in my opinion. And be sure to note that it turns to open, not hinges as the photo would suggest. :) It isn't all that easy to open, which I suppose is good for a "safe", right? Don't want it falling open all the time.

I don't have enough of a problem with it to return it, but I don't think I would have bought it in the first place had I seen it in person.

So just be sure to read the description closely :)
on July 6, 2013
Arrived cracked however amazon was great and refunded our money. It was going to be a Christmas gift for my dad to use in his RV, it's a neat concept.
on October 10, 2013
Of the 6 LEDs pictured, the center LED never lit at all. The others only lit when you pushed-in the light - would not stay on on its own.

Also, other reviewers are right: there is no way anyone would think this is an 'ordinary' light; it's HUGE!

It's impossible to screw-unscrew the two halves with just two hands - unless you are 7'+ tall and have extra large hands to match.
on December 16, 2013
this was bigger than expected which was okay, but the light did not work. My husband worked on it, but still did not work. As it was fiddled with, I did not attempt to return it. Taking it as a loss
on November 26, 2014
Very hard to put back together to look like it should
on June 22, 2013
Really nice but not bright enough for the closet. The safe part is really cute but it isn't as bright as I thought it would be. thank you!
on January 17, 2015
Terrible
on September 4, 2013
It is hard to open.
The light never worked.
It is quite flimsy.
Poorly constructed.
A true disappointment.
Don't bother, good idea but bad made.