Other Sellers on Amazon
The Identical [Blu-Ray + DVD Combo]
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
The Identical is a redemptive movie about a young man, the son of a preacher, who rejects his father s desire for him to join the ministry and instead embarks on a career as a rock singer. As he struggles to pursue his dream and rise to stardom, he finds love, pain, success, failure and ultimately uncovers a hidden family secret that reveals who he really is. The Identical is a captivating story about a family restored and a life discovered that lifts your soul and warms your heart! (Jeffrey K. Howard, VegasFilmCritic.com)
DVD BONUS FEATURES:
THE MUSIC OF THE IDENTICAL
BLU-RAY BONUS FEATURES:
THE MAKING OF THE IDENTICAL
BEHIND THE SCENES WITH CAST COMMENTARY
THE MUSIC OF THE IDENTICAL
ZAXBY S PROMOTIONAL VIDEO
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : s_medPG PG (Parental Guidance Suggested)
- Product Dimensions : 7 x 5 x 0.5 inches; 3.2 Ounces
- Item model number : 30691187
- Director : Dustin Marcellino
- Media Format : Multiple Formats, Blu-ray, Color, Widescreen
- Run time : 1 hour and 47 minutes
- Release date : January 13, 2015
- Actors : Ray Liotta, Seth Green, Ashley Judd, Brian Geraghty
- Studio : The Identical
- ASIN : B00OHLR7BS
- Number of discs : 2
Best Sellers Rank:
#84,636 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- #6,633 in Drama Blu-ray Discs
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here are the similarities between the lead character and Elvis:
1) They are all born in 1935. I mean Elvis and the twins in the movie.
2) Both twins are musically talented. Who knows what Jesse’s talents would have been had he lived. Mr. Hemsley gives away his son with the promise that while he and his wife are alive, the twin that goes to the Wade’s never finds out who he really is. The twin that goes to the Wades is known as Ryan Wade which is ironic as the real name of the actor who plays the twins in this movie is named Ryan Pelton. So, Ryan plays Ryan.
3) Alabama is switched for Mississippi for the birth of the Hemsley twins. Elvis and his twin were born in Mississippi. The Drexel twins were born in Alabama while Elvis and his twin were born in Mississippi.
4) William Hemsley, the father of the twins had a hard time finding work. The same is true for Vernon Presley.
5) In one of the songs in the movie, Drexel, the superstar singing twin longs for Nashville. We know Elvis longed to be home at Graceland in Memphis. Graceland was Elvis’s sanctuary.
6) Both birth families were poor.
7) Both Elvis and Ryan Wade had bosses who were not nice to them and controlled their career.
Here I must take a quick break and say that the character Ryan Wade ended up being a tribute artist to Drexel Hemsley. He looked and sounded just like them so he was billed as “The Identical” hence the name of the movie.
8) Both Elvis and Ryan were in the army and popular for their singing.
9) Both Elvis and Ryan were truck drivers.
10) Both Elvis and Ryan were beautiful singers at an early age.
11) Both Elvis and Ryan said something happened to them when they listened to music.
12) Both found girlfriends when they were young. Ryan found Jenny and Elvis found Priscilla.
13) Both Elvis and Drexel appeared on a TV show like Ed Sullivan where the host said the entertainer was a fine boy.
14) Ryan instinctively knows Drexel so well even though he doesn’t know they are twins.
15) Drexel dies young in the seventies just like Elvis. Drexel dies in a plane crash.
16) Both found girlfriends when they were young. Ryan found Jenny and Elvis found Priscilla.
17) Both Drexel and Elvis star in movies.
That is enough with the similarities. I think I have proven my point.
Going back to the movie. Drexel is not portrayed much in the movie. The movie is told from Ryan’s perspective.
Several scenes in the movie literally moved me to tears. One is where one twin, Dexter, was given away. Dexter becomes Ryan Wade. Another was where Ryan was performing in a contest for the best Drexel tribute artist and the real Drexel enters and says that Ryan is the winner. Did they instinctively know who they were or that they were related? They never actually spoke to each other.
Another scene that broke my heart is where Ryan, through his job as a truck driver, found Drexel (and his) mother in a nursing home. Ryan sneaks in to his mother’s room. He doesn’t know it is his mother but his mother recognizes him and calls him Dexter. Shortly thereafter she dies and Ryan is devastated.
After Ryan’s adoptive father has a heart attack, Ryan finds the letter from his birth parents who explain who they are, who Ryan is, and why they gave him away. At this point Ryan goes to the birthplace of Drexel which just happens to have the cemetery out back where his mother and brother are buried and a tombstone is also there for Dexter the twin who the Hemsley’s pretended had died. So, to be blunt, Ryan is Dexter. Of course, this is Ryan’s birthplace too.
Ryan forgives his birth father as they are both at the cemetery at the same time which is yet another moment that makes me cry. Ryan goes on to have a successful career as a Drexel tribute artist. Ryan never tells people he is Drexel’s twin.
Some people may find this movie stupid. However, I find this movie full of talented actors, a compelling story, questions on what if Elvis’s twin had survived, and a fun soundtrack. I would recommend this movie for all Elvis fans.
One of the boys, Drexel, grows up to be an iconic 1950s rock and roll star known as "The Dream"
The other brother (the one who was adopted), Ryan, struggles with following his own music passions with trying to please his father, who wants him to follow in his footsteps to become a preacher.
Encouraged by his wife and friends, Ryan ends up launching his own music career. He becomes known as "The Identical," because he performs the rock-n-roll music of Drexel; he is Drexel's "cover-band." As the brothers' destinies intertwine, Ryan discovers that he had been adopted and that Drexel is his twin brother.
Great heart-warming story. Great cast; also, includes Seth Green, Joe Pantoliano, and Erin Cottrell.
Blake Rayne, born as Ryan Pelton, is the actor who plays the two brothers in this film. In 1998, his life changed when his Mom dared him to enter an Elvis impersonator competition. He won. Later, he moved to Nashville to record his own work. His life as an Elvis impersonator paralleled that of the character he played in this film.
The real Elvis Presley had an identical twin who died at birth; this seems like a story that could have been written with that in mind, but with an alternate ending. Blake Rayne is an awesome Elvis look alike. I'm a big Elvis fan. Now, I'm even a Blake Rayne fan!