Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: If You Give a Pig a Party
Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ryley Walker Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo

Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 26, 2005
This book lives up to the same standards as the other "If You Give . . ." books. If you love the moose and mouse characters from the other books, you'll be happy to know that they make appearances in this book as well. As always the illustrations in this book are adorable. My two year old and I love the page where all of the animals play hide and seek. She likes trying to find the animals over and over again in the backyard. Any one to six year old would love this book. A good addition to your book collection!
on October 13, 2005
This book is right up there with Laura Numeroff's Original series of If you give...A Pig a Pancake; A Moose a Muffin; and A Mouse a Cookie which I have previously purchased for my older grandchildrem and they have now out-grown. "If you Give a Pig A Party" was purchased for my 2 1/2 year old grandson who loves it! I particularly, love the full circle of the events leading up to the party, finding the friends, then asking for balloons to decorate the blanket fort at the end...when the party finally can happen

Karen Fisher
on September 14, 2014
Like these stories but I don't like these covers. Its a plastic wrap/paper cover that surrounds the hard cover book. It keeps falling off the outside cover and easily is getting a "worn" look. I thought the cover was hard plastic and the art was part of that hard plastic/hard cover. The outside of the actual hardcover is just a blank front and back so if we lose the plastic sleeve then you can only identify the book with a small print on the spine (or by opening it of course).

Wish I had read the description more closely. The Pig/Pancake and Moose/Muffin books we have are hard plastic with the cover art being part of the actual hard cover. The Mouse/Cookie, Pig/Party, Dog/Donut books we just ordered off Amazon were this plastic sleeve.

So if it matters to you please read the description carefully and not make the mistake I did.
on October 9, 2005
Darling book! My almost 3 year old loves it. It is creative and the illustrations are very cute. There is also a page where the animals hide and it is great to quiz your kids and have them try to find them. This book is probably my favorite from her series.
on July 3, 2015
My children love all the Laura Numeroff, If you give.... books and this one was a hit! It is very cute...my favorite right after the moose and the muffin. I highly recommend ...we read it at least twice a night!
on September 4, 2014
We bought this book for share day at school on my 3 year olds birthday. We read it 4 times the night we received it. The illustrations are so fun. With all the friends in the book, my kids loved looking for them on every page. Awesome book for a preschool birthday celebration
on October 1, 2015
"If You Give a Pig a Party" by Laura Joffe Numeroff is another book in the "If you give...." series and is pretty much the same as all of the books in the series, but with a different set of circumstances. Children seem to like the series very much, and mine were no different. They laughed at the pictures and couldn't wait to see what would happen next. I found it to be amusing but predictable.

This is a book my child borrowed from the school library.
on March 9, 2014
"We love this book!"
"Will you read it again?" asked the students in front of me.

"If You Give A Pig A Party" is a fantastic read. The main character, the pig, begins her quest to throw an amazing party with balloons and her favorite friends from the esteemed series. You will find mouse, moose, dog, and more! If you loved "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie," then you will love this book too. The illustrations are brilliant, with much detail, and it's relatable. Every kid loves a party, therefore every kid will love this book!
Read this book today!
on May 28, 2014
My daughter loves this book so much I'd swear it was her party instead of the pig's in the book. She had all of the Laura Numeroff "If you give" collection except for this one so I ordered it for her. She wants it read to her ALL THE TIME! She carries it around throughout the day, takes it in the car when we go out & even wants it in bed at night. You can't get any better than that.
on August 14, 2006
Living high on the hog. This brings new meaning to those words and that's a good thing. It's not the "gimme gimme" attitude and materialistic lifestyle that makes this little piggy happy, oh no. It's just enjoying life by creating happiness in everything you do while remembering that sharing your heart with others doubles the fun!

If you loved If You Give a Pig a Pancake, you are sure to love this also. Thanks Numeroff and Bond for bringing regular giggle sessions to our happy home.

Soar!