Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Murdoch Mysteries, Season One forum

If you want it earlier---

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 8, 2009, 7:46:01 AM PST
If you have a region free dvd player, this will be out in the UK in February, so you dont have to wait until June. This is true of so many shows. For example, US only has 10 seasons of ER-the UK has all up to the current season...plus theyhave so many wonderful shows that we dont get here. It is so worth it to get a region free dvd player-they are not expensive, Amazon sells them too!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2010, 9:41:16 AM PST
Jen22201 says:
Ginger - I'm sure you mean well, but as long as people keep going to the UK to buy these products then fewer and fewer of them will ever be available in the U.S. Why not support the companies that work hard to bring you the best in British and Canadian programming by purchasing the DVDs right here in the U.S.? Oftentimes, these programs have a delayed release because the producer is trying to find a U.S. broadcaster for the show. The more people who go around the system, the more likely these programs will never be available here. I hope you'll consider this before encouraging people to buy from overseas.

Posted on Feb 11, 2010, 10:48:57 AM PST
I understand what you are saying, and I do see the point. But there are so many shows that we don't get here ever, and to not enjoy them on the slight hope they will someday be available makes no sense. The BBC makes many shows that are excellent and will never be available here. Maybe in this instance it would make sense to wait since there is only a few months between dates, but mostly it is a matter of years with UK shows, and that is not worth waiting for when they are available elsewhere.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2010, 10:56:53 AM PST
Jen22201 says:
Thanks, Ginger, for taking the message in the spirit with which it was intended. I completely agree on the programs that show no signs of release here. But when it's things like Murdoch, Midsomer, Foyle's, Poirot, Marple, etc - where there are upcoming releases listed - it's kind of disheartening to have people still buying them from the UK. I don't think the U.S. is putting those out any slower than the U.K., it's just that they started a bit later usually due to broadcast holdbacks on them. But it's great that you love British TV so much that you can't wait!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jan 8, 2009
Latest post:  Feb 11, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about