Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 533 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 563 reviews
on October 31, 2015
This thing is massive. It will hold my 48oz Nalgene sideways, my Nexus7 and two or three meals!! I bought it for a lunchbox, it can feed a family of 4 with room for snacks later. It keeps plenty cold with a normal size freezer brick and is even cool at the end of the day. If you were to use 2-3 freezer bricks like you should for this size cooler, there is no doubt it would still be cold at the end of the day. It is very sturdy and well put together. I have no doubt it will last for many years. Don't buy a YETI; buy this, save your coin and TREAT YO' SELF!!!
review image review image review image
on January 17, 2012
This is the second Playmate I've owned, the first had the lid button which didn't hold up as well as I'd hoped. I was drawn in by the cool looks of the Boss, since a lot of people I work with have red/white and blue/white Playmates, I wanted to know there would be no confusion (or possible theft). Like my previous Playmate, this thing holds the cold extremely well over the course of my 12-14 hour shift. As for capacity, it has plenty...3 or 4 sandwiches, zip lock bag of pretzels, handful of granola bars, a couple cups of yogurt, 6 cans of soda an extra pair of socks and I still have plenty of room. My old Playmate seemed to stain easily on the white surfaces, this one cleans up easily with soap and water.
on July 29, 2016
I wanted a large cooler that could keep water cold through very long, hot days. I had good luck with Igloo products in the past so I decided to go with this one.

It is pretty large. I only store four 1 liter bottles in it but I'm able to fill the rest up with enough ice to generally keep my water cold for close to 24 hours if the water was cold when it was filled. I have fit 1 gallon plus two 1 liters in there before. There is a lot of space.

My initial thoughts when I first got it was that it seemed like a plastic that wouldn't be very durable. Two years later and much abuse, and my mind has changed on that thought. A couple months ago I had a forklift completely smash these between a pole and a stack of pallets. He was trying to push the pallets against the pole and kept pushing until he realized they weren't moving anymore. When I came out and found it I thought it was done for. Parts were caved in and the lid was lifted away from the base. After backing the pallets off it sort of regained some of it's shape and would open and close. I planned on buying a new one. By the next morning the entire thing had popped back out to the original form and was sealing up as good as before. You can see stress marks all over in the plastic but it's still going strong.

My father has an Igloo that is about to go on 35 years of work duty. I don't know if this one would make it that long, but I'm pleasantly surprised by the durability so far.
on January 23, 2014
I bought this for my boyfriend (secretly) since he's in the construction business, and I have to say... this cooler is MASSIVE!! The lid && button on the side works proper & doesn't stick... The box that it came in was HUGE... I jumped for joy when it arrived. The WORD "the BOSS" is pretty awesome as well since none of his other co-workers can say it's there.. kinda like customized.. lol The cooler its self can hold up to 24 cans.. which will be great for the SUMMER TIME to go to the beach... And I wanted something that would LAST a while because lets face it, Hard Working Men don't always take care of the containers && let the lunch boxes get tossed around in their car.

Overall, I'm in Love with this...It's NOT super heavy, but HUGE enough to put what I THINK my guy would want for lunch. Also, if your boyfriend likes to mix his protein powder shakes before drinking.. this is the COOLER that can carry ALL that too.
on November 2, 2015
This cooler was perfect when we first received it.
Bought it for my husband for work. It truly is huge with tons of space!
He used it every day for about three weeks before the push-in lock mechanism on the side broke.
It simply just stayed pushed-in. I don't believe it had much to do with the weight this cooler carried
on a daily basis, but it had more to do with the mechanism being used too often.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 10, 2015
My husband's been carrying the same Igloo Little Playmate cooler as his "lunchbox" for 31 years now, ... he remembers because he found it in the basement of his first home in 1984, a fixer-upper, when he was a very young adult. (Apparently, they don't make them any longer and they're considered "vintage"! Made to carry about 6 cans of soft drinks or beers, but it was the perfect size for him to pack a couple of drinks with his sack lunch, with a couple of ice bricks to keep it cold.) Well, suffice it to say, it's been showing its age, has a big crack in the lid's side now, and it was high time to replace it.

The Little Playmate he had was 6-1/4" x 9" x 7" deep on the inside, 8" x 10-3/4" x 11-1/4" tall at the top of the handle on the outside; this "The Boss" Playmate cooler is much larger... 8-1/2" x 12-1/2" x 8-3/4" deep on the inside, 10-1/2" x 14-1/2" x 13-5/8" tall at the top of the handle on the outside. My husband's health issues prompted the search for something larger... I wanted something big enough to be able to put one of my Tupperware containers in it with a nice sized salad along with his usuals of a piece of fruit, baggie of carrots, yogurt, low fat wheat crackers and a couple of bottles of water along with the ice blocks. (That might sound like a lot, but his lunch/break items USED to consist of a couple of cans of pop, PBJ sandwich, a package of cheese crackers, Fritos, Little Debby snack cakes AND a Hershey bar! He's come a long way in taking care of himself the past few years, and I'm really proud of him... though he refuses to give up his Hershey bar!) This cooler has plenty of room without having to squish everything in.

There were just a couple of issues - first, even though this is a VERY classy, manly-looking cooler with its black/silver color scheme and textured designing on the outside, it's not the same practically indestructable feeling plastic as his Little Playmate (remember, it took 3 decades for that crack to develop!) And whatever machine they use to place the silver film over the top must have been malfunctioning the day this one was made... there's acrylic coating over the film, but the film underneath is creased in numerous places rather than being smoothed out. In fact, when I opened the box, I though it was cracked all over the lid! It's not... the acrylic coating is completely smooth. If I thought those types of aesthetics mattered to my husband (they won't) I'd have immediately returned it when I received it a couple of days ago, because when you zoom in on the photo with this listing, there aren't any such markings, so it's not an intentional design element. (They refunded the difference between the $22.50 I paid for it and the $15.99 I'd seen it for at Target, which was great!)
on July 29, 2015
My husband is a truck driver and needs a large and durable lunch box. This was great, until the button h jammed and now we can't close the kid. It was bought in March, broke in late June.
on October 12, 2016
Very cool looking.
on July 18, 2015
This cooler works fine to hold ice/water but does not seal at ALL. I've owned many coolers, with this being one of the more costly (relatively), and you don't even have to open it to drain the water from melted ice. I guess this could be a good thing, if the ice didn't melt so FAST. And don't tip on its side, the water doesn't leak it POURS. There are way better insulated for less $$. Keep looking.
on October 8, 2016
Button popped out and broke after third use

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.