Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.75 shipping
+ $4.98 shipping
The Ignatius Bible: Revised Standard Version, Second Catholic Edition Leather Bound – December, 2005
"Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress"
Is the world really falling apart? Is the ideal of progress obsolete? Cognitive scientist and public intellectual Steven Pinker urges us to step back from the gory headlines and prophecies of doom, and instead, follow the data: In seventy-five jaw-dropping graphs, Pinker shows that life, health, prosperity, safety, peace, knowledge, and happiness are on the rise. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Publisher
In addition to the outstanding treatment of the typeset and fidelity to the sacred texts, this particular bible features a beautifully crafted flexible bonded leather cover designed by our artists, making it a joy to both hold and behold. The front cover has a gold-foil stamped iconographic image of Christ, set within the representative symbols of the Four Evangelists. It is exceptional for its classic beauty, durability, and ease of use. There are also softcover and leather hardcover versions available from Ignatius Press.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Very satisfied with this beautiful Bible that I just received today. My only complaint is that I wish it had wider margins for notes, --we Catholics never get that right!
For $22.14 you get:
1) A leather-bound Bible which lays nice and flat for easy reading.
2) Sewn Binding.
3) Two red quality ribbons that are NOT too short.
4) Light/Somewhat cream-colored & Gold-edged pages with minimal page bleed.
5) A very nice double-columned format with chapter titles.
6) Nine maps which include:
1. The Nations of Genesis Chapter 10
2. The Exodus from Egypt
3. The Conquest of Canaan
4. The Kingdom Years
5. Jerusalem - From David to Christ
6. Palestine in Christ's Time
7. Paul's First and Second Journeys
8. Paul's Third and Fourth Journeys
9. The Holy Land in Modern Times.
7) Printed in the U.S.A.
8) NOTE WELL: This Bible has scriptural cross-references, the RSV-CE that I purchased from TAN Books does not. Also, some editions of the RSV-CE have the scriptural notes at the back of the Bible, in contrast they are herein at the bottom of each page where they are referencing a verse.
9) 9 point font.
10) Non-feminist English.
Here are two verses contained in this Bible that may be of interest to you:
Is 7:14: Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Lk 1:26: And he came to her and said "Hail full of grace, the Lord is with you!"
At this price and quality get one one while you can! With the beautiful gold icons on the cover they make a great gift.
Reasons I don't "love" it: I thought I had ordered a cloth cover, but what I received is leather-like (not sure if it's bonded- or fake leather, but looks fake); several pages in my copy have deep wrinkles in the paper from the printing process: this doesn't affect the readability, but reduces the "heirloom" quality of the book. An incorporated ribbon page marker would have been a welcome addition.