- Series: Explosive
- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: Tessa\Teevan (October 29, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0615913970
- ISBN-13: 978-0615913971
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.8 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (251 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,864,579 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Ignite (Explosive) (Volume 1) Paperback – October 29, 2013
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"This book was co-narrated by Todd Haberkorn (Jace) and Chris Dukehart (Alexa). Both did an outstanding job as the characters. . . . Both were very good narrators and easy to listen to." ---Books, Coffee & Wine --This text refers to the MP3 CD edition.
About the Author
I'm a twenty something book junkie who is also obsessed with sports. Bengals, Buckeyes, Reds are my teams! I work for the government during the day, hang out with Air National Guard on the weekends, and am married to my best friend! We currently live right outside of Dayton, OH with our two cats. I've been reading since I was a kid. My mom was a librarian, so it was a given. Heck, she even made sure we watched Wishbone instead of the Smurfs. In 2011 when I graduated from college, my mom bought me a Nook, and then in the summer of 2012 I found this amazing site called Goodreads. I was introduced to so many amazing indie/self-published authors. After reading almost 400 books that year, my husband gave me the push to finally sit down and write my own. It was a rocky start, but over time the words started flowing and I couldn't get Jace and Lexi out of my head. If I’m not writing or looking through tons of photos of hot men, all in the name of research, then you can probably find me curled up with my Kindle, ignoring the rest of the world. I love my sports almost as much as I love my books. My other obsessions include red wine, hot men, country music, and all things Grace Potter. I LOVE to hear from readers, so please feel free to contact via any social media site listed below.
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle Edition for FREE. Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
I couldn't put this book down. I enjoyed the characters in this book. Especially how the sisters acted with each other. Sierra was the sneaky one making plots to get her little sister to live again. This book made me laugh especially with the Star Wars metaphors. Lexie referred to Jace as the "Blue Clit Master" a few times lol. It was a really good second chance love story. I would recommend this to readers that like sports, military and 2nd chance love. Lexie is a widow at the age of 27. Her husband died in a car accident. She woke up in the hospital and was told he didn't make it. She has lived with the guilt for over a year and just lives day by day not being happy. It changes when her sister tells her the 10 yr class reunion is coming up and that she wants Lexie to come and babysit Ava her niece. She excepts and starts to think of her high school days and the last time she saw Jace. Her first love and the guy who took her v-card. She wants to see him but then doesn't because he never came back for her after he left for the military. Jace is still in the military and can't wait to go to the reunion. He ends up calling a # that is suppose to belong to Sierra(Lexi's sister) to confirm he will be at the reunion but is shocked to hear the one voice he has longed to hear for over 10 yrs now. He felt bad for how things had changed between him and Lexie. He had come back from joining the military and went straight to find Lexie but she had moved away. He never tried to contact her again. He thought he had broken her heart. He did however secretly Facebook stalk her at the beginning and found out she had meet someone and married. Never looked back again until it was time for the reunion. He saw she had lost her husband and he hated himself for not being there for her in her time of need. Now he knows what he will do.... He plans on getting her back wether it be just friends or more. There's not cliff hanger in this book so you get to read the whole story and see how it ends along with a glimpse into the future.
Alexa was fortunate enough to have her niece, a four-year-old, nearby to keep her amused. Her sister, Sierra, tried to get me to go out and start living again but it was hard to put it all behind . Then I get a call out of the blue from Jace McAllister, and it’s been years since I’ve seen him. He was the star of the Navarre High School baseball team and my secret love. Why is he calling me about the reunion? I have kept Jace out of my thoughts for years and it’s been even longer since I’ve seen him.
A class reunion brings 2 old friends together and love rekindles...but can Alexa let go of the past with Ty's death. Will Jace be patient enough to see her unwind and feel free again? Great romance, with sadness and happiness to make a good story real.
Alexa is surprised to find out that her old high school best friend and love of her life is also going to be in attendance at the reunion, Jace McAllister. Alexa and Jace were BFF's in high school and had lots of chemistry, but little opportunity.
This book is about reuniting the two high school 'almost' sweethearts and how they bring their relationship from estranged friends, to loving couple.
Jace is travels to Afghanistan a lot on tours because he is a defuses bombs for the military. He joined right after high school and has been with the military since then. So Alexa and Jace have to work out details of their past and how they can work out their future since he works in such a dangerous job, that also take him away for long periods of time.
This book has it's HEA with no cliffhanger. It also has A LOT of sex scenes.
What did I like about this book?
- The characters seem like they truly love each other (or at least have a ton of chemistry)and you want to see them together. It's nice to see them happy at the end. So happy - cut ending.
- There isn't the silly and long dragged out misunderstanding, nor huge angst (some, but not huge), no super evil villains, no crazy plot twists that make you want to scream
- HEA, no cliffhanger, no series that i had to read in order
- Steamy sex scenes
- AVA AVA AVA - the daughter...laughed out loud, she is so friggin' funny. Want to adopt her, now
- Funny and sassy BFF, Brady
- Easy to read, not too heavy
What I didn't like?
- Jace struck me as a bit 'weak'. The guy diffuses bombs for a living, but seems to cop out of pursuing Alexa a lot. He decides to wait and give her space quite a bit (mainly early on in the book). He looks a bit tentative. Not what I'd expect from military stud.
- Sex scenes - can't believe am saying this, but there were too many. Some hot monkey sex is good - too much got me a little bored.
- Repetitive conversations b/w characters of how much they mean to each other - how much they need each other - how much they mean to each other - how much they need each other - (repeat). I understand that they had a long absence, but can we move on and talk about other things? Can Alexa be the one he leans on when he realizes that he is having bad nightmares from his numerous tours of Afghanistan? (actually , in the book, he doesn't have one nightmare. She has more than he does). These super horny characters drained on me - needed a bit more depth to their conversations. More about their lives. Let's make them 3dimensional.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I enjoyed the book enough to be listening to it again.Read more