Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Luke Bryan Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on May 22, 2013
Warning: This item apparently only has bubble wrap and foil in a plain white box in order to keep it cool.

I ordered this as a gift for my father's birthday. It looked like a win-win situation, since I could ship it as part of my newly registered Amazon Prime account and my father would receive it by his birthday two days later as per the 'Order within the next three hours and have it delivered by..." promise below the search icon. Once I clicked on the icon for more detail, however, the Amazon Prime delivery date changed to one day after his birthday. Okay. Fine. There's no option to deliver it sooner, so he'll get it late; I should have ordered it earlier. I will accept that the delivery date is on me. However, it arrived in an unacceptable condition.

I would love for this review to be about the actual flavor and texture of the cheese. Apparently, it comes with crackers - how great is that? (I'm not being sarcastic: I love food and such things make me happy.) The review can't be about the actual product, though, since the cheese was roughly 95 degrees at the time of arrival. The packaging was inappropriate for the product to survive a two-day delivery to a warm area, especially considering I had to pay extra for the 'special' delivery, even utilizing Amazon Prime. When it arrived, the surrounding aroma was... pungent, to be polite.

I have looked to 'return' the item (that is, have new, not over-heated cheese, shipped to my parents in an adequate container), and it is apparently not eligible for such things if requested by the purchaser. Luckily (if you can call it that), the recipient was more successful in this endeavor and has received a gift card for future orders. Please remember to take that into account, since I did not. Or, better yet, just don't make the same mistake I did and don't order this product.
44 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 6, 2013
They did go bad a little sooner than expected, so I did not get to try half of them. At least I assumed they had gone bad after 2 weeks because they smelled like sour milk and liquid was beginning to form in the packages. I guess that was my fault for assuming they would last longer, being vacuum packed and all. I got two that were in the picture, and others were random, but good quality. The ones I tried were very good.
on September 4, 2016
Very good cheese, but Lord! Does that blue cheese smell :)
We severed it towards the end of our wine and cheese when it was time to go LOL
on February 10, 2014
All four cheeses were of the quality I have come to expect from Igourmet. The order was processed promptly, shipped with expedience, and arrived within the food-safe temperature range. I can offer no higher praise than that, and would readily encourage others to use Igourmet.
on August 29, 2016
Absolutely loved the cheeses and the packaging was a nice touch! Thank you!
on April 26, 2013
This cheese was really delicious. I was a little skeptical about ordering cheese online, but It arrived wrapped in what I guess is an insulated bag (it was really heavy-duty) and filled with ice packs. Well packaged and tasty too.
on December 12, 2012
This was delivered very quickly and my cousin was visiting his mom and eating it all up quickly because it was such amazing cheese. They are from Germany so it was just delicious for them. I should order some for myself based on how much they loved it.
on January 6, 2016
She totally loved it. Said the cheese melted great on her crackers and was full of flavor.
on November 12, 2015
This was a great selection because all of the cheeses had a wonderfull taste to them.
on April 22, 2013
The cheeses are very tasty, and came packaged in such a way that they stayed fresh for a long time.
While the selection is not quite authentic, I give it a thumbs up for taste anyway.