Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

• Customer Reviews

on April 10, 2013
This shelving unit is about $28 cheaper if you buy it direct from IKEA. But if you don't have one near you, or don't want to wait the week or so it will take to ship it to you, it is worth the extra money (for me) to get it now.

Easy to put together, took me about 30 minutes, will probably take someone who is very familiar with IKEA's assembly instructions about 15 minutes.

I have around 85 vinyl records, and they will all fit into just one of the cubes. So now I need to start adding to my collection!

I am very happy with this for storing vinyl records upright (you should not store them laying down, you can warp them).
on September 14, 2016
Ikea Kallax 4 Shelving Unit Black-Brown The Ikea Kallax shelves are fairly well built and easy to put together. It took me about 20 minutes to assemble with no tools other than the included allen key. Though these are about 30 dollars more than Ikea's list price, it's better to buy from here because their shipping costs are through the roof (over $100 in this case). The only issue was that one of the edges of one of the pieces was just slightly banged up; not badly enough to return but slightly annoying (worth taking a star off). Other than that, it there are no scratches or dings to the finish and it looks great.
on September 1, 2017
You need two people to put this together, but it's very easy to figure out. The wood is good quality and it's very durable. It fits our board game perfectly. We will be buying more.
on August 23, 2017
Great for record storage I have 2 of these and 2 of the bigger ones.go to home depot buy some backing material plywood or something that will work for a back cut to fit paint flat or semi gloss so you don't shove your records thru.perfect I looked on line and could never find anything better for the price remember you have to assemble it,good luck.
on August 25, 2015
The shelf is wonderful for my record collection that continues to grow, but this is a different version compared to what I have gotten in the past. It's a little bit shorter and of a different material. I have always gotten the same product, and have three of the same shelf, but this one is "different". Still works the same, but hopefully my OCD never kicks in.
on April 3, 2014
I bought this to fit into an old TV armoire to give it a new purpose. It worked great for that because it is protected on all 4 sides. I don't think it would last very long otherwise because in the two days it sat on the floor before I was ready to put it into the cabinet (and it wasn't being hit or bothered in any way) the veneer chipped in two places! Luckily you can't see the chips in the cabinet, so it wasn't a big deal for me. It's definitely not a hardy piece of furniture, so unless you have a delicate application for its use, I would look for something else.
on November 9, 2014
Sturdy shelves, were extremely easy to put together. I ordered two and used them to organize my step dad's office. He is a big fan of keeping old files in office moving boxes (yuck). He doesn't like anyone to move his stuff (since he "knows" where everything is), but he totally loved coming home to his boxes organized on these functional shelves - and I like how they look! We now have more room in the office, and don't have a pile of boxes to stare at! I am considering buying a few more for other rooms in the house - they are extremely versatile.
on August 21, 2016
Glad I got a solid shelf--just wish I had purchased directly from IKEA as this was far more expensive!
on September 7, 2017
Great storage
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 6, 2014
I love this and ordered a 2nd one for another location. Very sturdy. So good-looking. I use it as floor units, but brackets are there to hang.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse