Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

• Customer Reviews

on August 1, 2015
I bought three of these to make pendant lights out of mason jars. Beautiful!
review image
on February 27, 2017
This thing is pretty sweet! I have a 600 sq ft unfinished bonus room and there is only one light socket toward the front of the room. I eventually grew tired of not having enough light in this room so I used three dual socket adapters screwed together to give me four bulbs at the one socket. I screwed that into a two-outlet socket adapter to give me a place to plug the pendant light into. I pulled the pendant light out as far as I could and hung it with three additional dual socket adapters screwed into it. This arrangement allows for me to have eight GE LED Bright Sticks, which provides plenty of light. Obviously I will consider a better arrangement if I ever finish the room out, but for now it is one big storage area…and most likely always will be…in which case this cobbled-together light set is more than adequate. In fact, given the low power draw of the LED’s, I could always screw in more of the dual socket adapters if I really wanted more light. Regardless, this pendant light seems to be well made. The cord, plug, and socket have a nice “substantial” feel to them, and there is a screw on-and-off flange on the socket for retaining a shade if you wanted to put one on it. For the price I feel like I got a good deal.
on December 8, 2012
This is a great cord, I am using it with a metal pendant lamp. Works great, but the head of it is not black it is white, which actually was preferable. The cord is not 15" long, it is 15' long, yes, FIFTEEN FEET. Slight difference there.
11 comment| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 4, 2016
These make the steampunk look I wanted possible! They are long cords and very durable. Total success!!
review image
on November 30, 2015
It is so hard to find a cord set like this one! One can find cord sets which take a small candelabra bulb, but not much to accommodate a regular-sized bulb. This set is well-made, durable and primarily made for a hanging lamp (it even comes with hooks).

What I needed it for was to re-work some fibre-optic lighting pieces I have. The works no longer turn and the bulbs get so ridiculously hot. By removing all of the old guts and replacing them with a cord set like this one, I can use a colored LED bulb to revive those cool lighting pieces I would otherwise have to junk.

I have looked and looked for something like this and was thrilled to find it. It doesn't have a switch which was a little surprising, but I can live with it. Great product, especially for someone wanting to do some light crafting.
on May 15, 2014
Knew ahead of time that this didn't have an on/off switch, as I'm using this with a remotely controlled system.
The provided self-tapping ceiling hooks only served to provide a pilot hole in the drywall in my ceiling. The threads need to be significantly larger to actually stay put. I had to buy my own ceiling hooks.
With only a few pounds of tension on the wire, the kinks inherent in the cord from packaging still haven't fully straightened after a month or so after installation. By packaging in loose loops instead of folded as shown, this could be remedied.
The cord is pretty thick, about 1/4"! Probably contributes to why the kinks haven't straightened fully. If you're using this with a heavy light shade, you can be sure the wire will hold (just be sure to use better hooks if you're installing onto drywall).
on February 3, 2014
I've used a couple of these socket sets for Mason Jar Lights and they are great! Highly recommend for any lamp cord replacement or D.I.Y. project
on July 27, 2017
I miscounted on a recent IKEA trip and realized I was short one of these cords for a lighting set. Instead of going back to IKEA, I ordered this online instead. It arrived quickly and was exactly what I expected and needed to complete my lighting arrangement.
on April 2, 2016
These seem fairly heavy duty for the price. I have an awkward porch and the porch light didn't illuminate much so I replaced it with a three prong outlet and ran two of these cords to hanging lanterns. It has been fairly windy lately and they're taking the beating well. I've yet to have any issues with them.
on June 9, 2017
I purchased two sets of these and each set had one pendant with a ring/nut that was chipped. It's not anything that impacts the ability to attach a pendant shade but it has me thinking these might be part of a dent and scratch batch. The products were not damaged in shipment as there were none of the broken off bits in either bag.

I'm using these with smart bulbs so it's beneficial to not have switches on the line.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse