Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on July 14, 2012
I was worried that this little lamp would look out of place in my office at work, but I dislike fluorescent lighting and I needed a small lamp witha little extra light at a cheap price to help me out in a corner that was particularly dark. This one had great ratings, was $18 shipped and seemed like a bargain. It was easy to install and puts out way more light than I thought it would. I've had more complements on it than most anything I've put in my office and though I've had it for a month, I don't know what I'd do without it. It's a great deal and my first IKEA purchase. If you are on the edge of buying it or not, I'd say go for it. You will absolutely find a spot for it and if you don't, it is the PERFECT gift for under $25.
on May 22, 2013
I returned mine because there was a hole ripped in the paper when it arrived. Amazon paid for the shipping back and gave me a credit without a problem.

I purchased another Ikea lamp from Amazon at the same time:

That lamp is a completely different color and weight of paper! As an aside, that floor lamp is really attractive and does NOT look cheap like this one. Everyone loves it! I went to Ikea to buy 6 more for my whole house because they go with everything and they are so inexpensive. On Amazon, it's $34.98 + Prime shipping, but at Ikea they are only $19.99, HOWEVER this lamp is now discontinued. My local Ikea has 121 in stock, and then they are replacing it with an ugly lamp that costs $29.99 sheesh! So if you want the floor lamp for 20 bucks, you've gotta hurry before I buy them all. :)

Here's the point of my tangent: This lamp wasn't just a different color/made of different paper than the other Ikea lamp I bought, I found out that it also seems to be a different color/paper than the same lamp that's actually IN the Ikea. When I was there buying the floor lamps, low and behold, there was this little table lamp. See how it looks off-white in the picture? That's how it looks in the store, but what was shipped to me was a super-cheap-looking-stark-white, like the color of printer paper. And by the way, the Ikea carries a square desk/table lamp for $9.99 that matches the floor lamp in the above link.

I suggest either another lamp entirely, or the Orgel table lamp at your local Ikea which looks like this: http://www.amazon.com/Ikea-10122-Orgel-Table-Lamp/dp/B001PJXFWK but costs 1/4 the price locally (9.99 + tax), or buy this lamp if you love it, but find another seller. I'm not sure you're getting an authentic Ikea lamp here. Maybe yes, maybe no???
on November 14, 2015
Love this lamp! It was very easy to assemble and gives off a brighter light than I expected. Completely pleased with it. One BOO to Amazon, though: when I see a "frequently bought together" and it has a lamp and lightbulbs, I'm assuming that those lightbulbs go to that lamp. Well, I bought the lightbulbs, and they don't fit the lamp. So now I have lightbulbs that I can use at some point, somewhere. I was able to scavenge another lightbulb from another lamp in the house—not what I was expecting. That's Amazon's boo-boo, though, not IKEA's. I'm very pleased with the lamp.
review image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 22, 2013
The paper cover looks nice and stable when you fit the frame properly.

However I had trouble with the cord. After I put a bulb in the socket and turned it on, the whole electricity of my home went out. At first I thought it was because I was abusing my power, switched back the fuse, turned off most of my stuff with electricity, and tried turning it on again. Now it burned my fuse!

I had trouble replacing my fuse, but don't want to haggle with replacing it, since I still like the cover frame.

I guess the manufacturers should use a better cord to complement the product.

I just bought a new cord and using it fine. The cord with the product was terrible...
on March 26, 2015
Not worth it. This lamp may look cute, but it gets dirty very easily and it is hard to clean. Only buy if you live in a house that does not accumulate much dust, or you will be frustrated when you find it has collected a bunch of dust that you eventually will not be able to easily wipe off - and then the lamp is junk! I also had a hard time finding the correct light bulb to fit into this silly thing!
on January 13, 2013
This is actually the second Vate lamp that I buy. I purchased the first one through another seller on Amazon (more expensive). The product this time arrived in a timely manner, but not with its original package (Ikea box, with instructions). Instead, it came in a bubble envelope, with a partial photocopy of the instructions. Again, the indication on this lamp differed from the first one concerning the bulb type required. I have some suspicions that this second lamp could be a copy from the original Ikea lamp.

The product in itself is good, but I am concerned that this lamp might be actually a fake. My main worry would be that it could be hazardous, so I would recommend anyone to spend a little more money and to get it from another seller than this one.
on May 6, 2013
I needed a soft light in our TV viewing room. This product fits the bill perfectly. I placed it on top of a bookcase out of the reflection area of the TV. I mated it to a dimmer switch with a 40 watt bulb. By the way, the bulb that it takes is a small base one and I had to make a trip to the hardware store to purchase. The lamp gives off a beautiful soft light that is exactly what we wanted. A great mood lamp. Took about 2 minutes to put together, you have to be gentle with it, after all it is rice paper. All in all it's a fine product and I recommend it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 18, 2014
A nice little ACCENT light. Uses standard C7 based light bulbs, the type that are often used in older night lights. It gives off a nice glow with a 7 watt bulb. You wouldn't use this to light up a whole room, but rather to give soft light to a corner table, which will often make a room feel bigger by eliminating a dark spot. Despite a paper shade, incandescent bulbs do not get hot enough to be a problem, but you can always opt for an LED bulb for a couple bucks more and probably never have to worry about replacing it even if you left it on 24/7. It looks right at home next to an orchid and small zen fountain.
on May 28, 2014
Huge waste of money. I guess this lamp looks fine, if I could find the right light bulb for it.... Ikea sells this lamp in a deliberate attempt to get you to buy their unbelievably expensive proprietary bulbs. They are sort of like a candelabra base but is much narrower and longer.

Like I said, if you don't mind dropping an extra $10 for two light bulbs that can actually fit this lamp, go for it. Otherwise, it's just acting as a paperweight on my table right now.
on April 18, 2015
Super cute little lamp! Good quality. I'm using a 40w E12 candelabra style bulb and it works well- no problems with it getting warm or anything- gives off very good light. Next round I might try the night light bulbs (they only came in 4w, I was afraid they wouldn't be bright enough) I think it would have a nice, softer glow...

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.