Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 148 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 161 reviews
on September 22, 2016
Great contrast in this film. This product is great, I've been using it for years. Very dependable and my photos have always turned out beautiful. I love taking pictures with my film camera, and this is the perfect fit to use for your black and white photos.
review image
on December 14, 2015
Ilford films are always top notch, the HP five is no different. This film is not terribly noisy at 400 ISO and offers fantastic deep and rich blacks and shadows. The contrast is a bit high which in some instances is what I prefer for my photography.
on February 13, 2013
Step aside, Kodak!
For years I've used Kodak films, and quite honestly, I do like them still, (particularly the TMAX 400 films), but there's something about the quality of my photos when I use this particular film that I just love. The images are much crisper, the contrast levels are always on point, and nothing ever seems to go wrong when I develop these rolls. I'm a huge Ilford fan.
on December 31, 2016
Bought these as a gift for my son for his birthday - he said the quality of the photos he had printed was excellent. He tries all different types of film and said he really really loved this film... Good quality film for a good price. I'd purchase again!
on February 23, 2017
I don't like to write reviews, but this is an excellent film. It's a lot less contrasty than Kodak Tri-X and it gives a lot more detail in the shadows. If you're shooting at box speed, you have to shoot outside.
on October 1, 2012
I had never purchased Ilford film until my second Photography class at college. The film was recommended by my photography professor. It was a delight to load this into my Pentax K1000 and go out a shot, then come back and learn how to process and develop my own film. It was like magic before my eyes. Ilford makes remarkable film with rich tones and contrast. Highly recommended.
on March 29, 2017
A gold standard for BW photos! Good contrast, good ISO. Pushable.
on October 22, 2016
Used it in the past with good results, so don't see a problem now. Good, crisp b&w photos have been the result.
on February 26, 2015
Shipping was super fast for me! I developed my first roll and it came out a little foggy with a yellowish tint. I put it through the fixer again and it seemed to help a little bit. All in all I'm happy.
on May 18, 2017
Brilliant piece of kit but was expecting better than this can't go wrong with that! So affordable price to buy such a practical product, very value, I'm going to buy a friend gave me as a birthday present.
Seemed like a great idea! Buy another product