BCA Month Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 21, 2016
This film achieves fantastic tones and contrast in low-light situations where even digital cameras fear to tread. I absolutely love it. The sharpness is amazing. The lady at the camera store said I should try shooting it at ISO1000, but it looks so gorgeous at 3200. I captured the attached picture at night through a 50mm f/1.8 lens with a Canon T2 (35mm).
review image
on October 28, 2016
Great film. I shot 3 rolls of this and 1 or 2 of HP5+ 400 at the 100th Indy 500 (I wanted high shutter speeds and broad DoF with my 2x and 3x TCs - works great). It was a bit grainier than I'd have liked in some cases, but it others it's absolutely gorgeous. At first glance, the 100th almost looks like the 10th running. My preferences are towards industrial and line compositions, but I did takes some portraits while I was there and combination of tonal range and grain is fantastic. Kind of makes me want to do some portrait work. In the end though, check out samples online, don't take a reviewers word as everyone is different. But even better, buy a roll and have a go yourself. I used DDX for developing in 1:4, so that did add to the grain some.
on April 17, 2017
Great quality, but takes longer to get used to shooting with as a photographer. Perfect for having fun with, and experimenting with different lighting situations.
on April 19, 2013
I started taking a basic film photography class and we worked with 125 iso and 400 iso film by Ilford. When it came time to do my low light assignment, I had to try this film. My instructor said he would love to see what I came up with, but that he would figure most of my shots would be grainy. I was amazed at the pictures I produced! I loved everyone! I was amazed at my low light pictures!! My instructor was also, but he did noticed some shots a little grainy, but it worked out well overall. I have to try more with this film and make more dramatic pictures! It was fun to try and I love it!!
on August 4, 2016
Fantastic monochrome film that allows you to shoot at ISO 400 even with a Red 25 contrast filter. Pushes well, as far as ISO 12,800. You can't go wrong with this film stock
on October 25, 2016
I already bought 2 more rolls after seeing my first developed. Shoots great with no flash in low light, and the grain looks amazing.
on May 16, 2016
Very grainy, as expected, but so much so that it appears as though the image is out of focus. May try again, but I was somewhat disappointed.
on January 10, 2017
Love the grain and versatility.
on April 22, 2015
What can I say? I like this film. I only wish I could purchase it locally.
on July 5, 2016
Allows you to make photos and does it well in low light.