Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Illusions of Grandeur and Other Stories
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports STEM

100%
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 6, 2012
I quite enjoyed reading this short collection of stories. None of them are particularly long, so you can tear through this one pretty quickly. Of the stories, I believe my favorite would be the first one, which has a rather clever premise of 'Nobody' wanting to become 'Somebody'. It's a pretty simple tale, but it moves at a quick pace and the convention of naming the characters works really well. The other stories are all pretty entertaining, but to me that one was the most special.

The reason I gave it four stars, however, is because the book has some pretty big punctuation problems. Now, for me, this didn't really detract from my enjoyment of the stories themselves - and there are many passages which are quite beautifully written, almost lyrical - but commas are often in strange places, quotation marks are inconsistent at best, and so on. I found that while I was enjoying the actual stories, I was always noticing the weird punctuation.

Still, that's honestly a mild knock on this book, which is fun and otherwise engaging.
on December 27, 2012
The stories were a little confusing but otherwise well written and interesting little twists towards the end. I would recommend this book as long as the price stays below three dollars.