Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 131-140 of 843 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 990 reviews
on May 23, 2008
I'm expecting our 2nd child (a boy) in 5 weeks and just purchased this book for my 22 month old daughter. She has wanted to read it over and over and over (whew!) and recites it now when she's playing by herself. The illustrations are cute, there were plenty of things to point out to her and I substituted some of the phrases in the book (i.e. saying "baby brother" instead of "baby) to help her associate the book with what we've been verbally trying to prepare her for during the last few months. We'll see if it makes a difference once the baby actually gets here but so far, it seems like she's actually kind of "getting it"...that the new baby in our house will be like the baby in the book and she'll be a big sister, just like the girl in the book.
on April 30, 2016
Kind of boring, but message is important. Need to help kids feel special even though a new child will get more attention. It's also a training for parents to remember to nurture the older children too, and help them adjust to change.
on July 20, 2014
I bought this for my great granddaughter to help her prepare for her sister who will be here in December.
on April 18, 2014
Out of all the "new baby" books out there this one was my favorite. My daughter is only 2 so many of the other choices in books that would introduce her to our new baby were a little too advanced for her. this one was a perfect blend of putting importance on her new role and how a new baby is different from her. I loved the part about how "mommy loves me, daddy loves me, I am special to them"
on February 14, 2015
This is an okay book, but it doesn't really excite me. It was quite small and a little flimsy, and it turned out to be a little too young for my 5-year-old granddaughter, so I didn't end up giving it to her after all. Since it wasn't a very sturdy book (read: high quality) I decided not to keep it for a gift either, just threw it away.
on April 3, 2017
Daughter loved it.
on February 12, 2015
This book is wonderfully written with beautful illustrations. Great quality. My daughter loves it and has now added "big sister" to her vocabulary!
on March 20, 2016
Nice story for my four year old. I got it for my daughter before the new baby came, and now she wants to read it all the time because she is the big sister. Its simple, but has a nice family message for kids. She really likes this book.
on June 3, 2014
This book has taught my 23 month old how to say "bigggg sister!" She now has the concept that momma has a little sister in her belly and baby will come home soon. It also shows how momma and dadda still love big sister because there is only one of her, and that makes her special.

The book also covers big girl responsibilities and cautiousness around new born baby. Great buy.
on February 24, 2016
Great book. Very pretty colored pictures with a nice simple little "story". One of my toddler's favorites that we read almost daily. Not a board book but the pages are thicker paper with a slight sheen and seem more durable for paper.