BCA Month Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

Customer reviews

"I'm Not Nuts": Living with Food Allergies
Format: DVD|Change

We have been living with my son's severe nut allergy for about 6 years so we thought we knew everything. This documentary started out kinda 101, but it then share some issues we did not consider; good take-aways. So for use, it was time well spent.
on August 14, 2013
This documentary covers all aspects of life with food allergies particularly where children are involved. It seeks to answer questions such as, "Can you outgrow food allergies?" and "Should we have another child if there is a high possibility that child could also be allergic?" Parents and a few children are interviewed. Specialists clearly explain the challenges that face families with allergic children. One specialist understands the situation well because he not only has allergies himself but has an allergic child.
It ends on a positive note with what the future holds in allergy treatment.
on August 27, 2014
Nice, but slow and not too informative. Nice just for encouragement to parents of young children with allergies. My teenager with allergies couldn't sit through it. Nothing bad; I had just hoped for more.
on April 19, 2013
As a mother of a child with anaphylaxis to peanuts, I found this film to be a wealth of information. I have shared it with family members, and friends. I highly encourage everyone in the food industry to view it as well.
on August 14, 2009
I have a child with some severe allergies and this documentary explians things in a way that makes sense. It was also helpfulto be able to give it to family and say, "see! I'm not kidding about this." I highly suggest watching/buying if you know a child with allergies.
on January 6, 2009
I just finished watching Kevin J. Lindenmuth's new documentary, "I'm Not Nuts": Living With Food Allergies. Am I allowed to make this required viewing for every childcare worker and educator in the country? Because I'd like to. This film clearly and carefully lays out the basics of what it's like to be food allergic and/or to have a food-allergic child. Visual mediums are so powerful--I think this will touch people who don't know much about food allergies in a way that written stories cannot. The videotape footage of a one-year old, egg-allergic girl scratching her hands at her first birthday party because she was allergic to the eggs in the cake made me weep. (Her parents didn't know about her allergy at the time, of course.)

For those who do live with food allergies, the information here is nothing new, or at least not very much of it. But the feeling is one of a support group meeting and allergist's visit right in your own living room. I found myself nodding my head in agreement and talking to the screen. "Yes! This is what it's like."

Full of interviews with the food allergic and their families, as well as interviews with allergy experts such as Terry Furlong, co-founder of FAAN, Scott Sicherer, M.D., researcher in the Jaffe Food Allergy Institute at Mount Sinai, and Harvey Leo, M.D. and Ben Song, M.D., of Allergy and Immunology Associates of Ann Arbor, MI, I think this documentary is a great resource.
on December 6, 2008
This documentary was very informative. I would recommend buying this if you have anyone in your family with a food allergy. Being the parent of a child with peanut and tree nut allergies, this movie really hit home with me. It would be a great tool to help educate others about food allergies.