Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

I'm Still Here
Format: DVD|Change

on March 7, 2014
It was a good career move for right after his amazing job in Draw the Line. It kept his name up in the air, and everyone guessing "What in the world is he doing?".

I don't think this was supposed to really be a movie. It would be better described as 'performance art'. At least that would make more sense since it went way past just film and spilled over into real life.

Just because I hate the movie doesn't mean I don't think Phoenix isn't a grade A actor. He's great. Even when I first saw him in Clay Pigeons. He's got what it takes to probably do anything he wants. And I think he just wanted to wipe the slate for a minute, and start over.

<shrug> Just a guess.
One person found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on August 15, 2015
It was ok for a Mokumentary with some funny moments like Phoenix' appearance on the Letterman-Show, but other scenes with his naked friend, the crap or cocaine sniffing scene were over dramaturgic not funny rather awkward for the writer, the director and cast. But it is far far away from his best acting like Walk the Line. Sean Combs played his role really good. Next to Phoenix he was the only plus on the cast. Also Ben Stiller had a small role and was ok but all other 'actors' are not worth to mention and though on the cast list names like Jack Nicholson, Danny DeVito, Jamie Foxx, Bruce Willis or Danny Glover appear, they had only one or two seconds in the movie.
on February 24, 2018
I felt privileged to go on such a personal journey. Beautiful creation.
on July 13, 2015
This film is brilliant. Take some time to consider that 99% of the people in this film are acting. It is scripted, actors were given direction and it took multiple takes to capture scenes that look entirely candid. This might just be the best performance Joaquin Phoenix has ever given and he had to play this role for two years. Props to Diddy for the improv too.
One person found this helpful
on January 28, 2017
Don't use the word hate, but truly disliked this. Just very disheartening to watch.
on November 16, 2014
This movie was terrible and should never be watched by anyone. That being said, I first watched this movie fully aware of the fact that it was fake and he was not actually having a mental breakdown/trying to start a rap career. Despite this knowledge, while I was watching it, I had to ask Google several times to confirm what I already knew due to how amazingly convincing he was in this role.
2 people found this helpful
on February 20, 2015
Maybe I just wasn't in the right state of mind when I tried watching this movie, but I got bored very quickly. I couldn't even bring myself to finish it.
on December 21, 2010
Like many, I was interested in the train-wreck that Joaquin Phoenix had supposedly become a year or so back. Personally, I felt this business was all a hoax from the get-go, but the real question is, WAS IT A HOAX - OR WAS THE FINISHED PRODUCT AN ELABORATE COVER-UP? I'll be honest with you, I enjoyed Joaquin's performance in "Walk The Line" - being a somewhat fan of Johnny Cash - but I was never a big Phoenix fan. That's the problem that I have with this movie. Though nobody can deny the innate talent that Phoenix has, in my opinion, he (despite his Oscar noms) was not such a big star that this doc would not make you think this could or couldn't be real. And I guess, in retrospect, this is the hook that made people wonder whether any of this was all real or ficticious to begin with. That being said, the movie is somewhat entertaining, but I honestly feel that it would have been more widely accepted had the audience been in on the joke to begin with. As a piece of performance art, I guess you could say that this is alright. I'm not disappointed to have spent money on this. As a mockumentary, I think the box office totals speak for themselves. At the end of the day, I can only say to Joaquin Phoenix and Casey Affleck, "hey, you got my 20 bucks, and I have no problem with that, but please, if you do this again, don't show so much male frontal nudity". Okay, now I've gotten that out of the way, gentlemen, go back to making real movies. I participated in this experiment with you (since I paid for it), but in the end I am left feeling less than satisfied. On second thought, hit this one up on Redbox. Oh yeah, I'm going to be nasty now - one of the guys in the commentary sounds like Chris Griffin from "Family Guy". Sorry to make fun of people with speech impediments.
on September 22, 2015
Brilliant minds at work here!! Joaquin is a fascinating and very talented artist.
on March 10, 2015
A very stupid and irritating mockumentary. I decided to rent it because I like Casey Affleck, but this truly sucked.