Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 34 reviews
on September 23, 2016
One of my favorite books. Not 100% accurate on some of the history/stats they provide, but it's meant to be a funny look at the differences between men and women and it definitely hits the mark. It gets to the heart of issues and helps provide some perspective from the other side.

It also has genuinely touching moments and communicates some of the painful truths about the way men and women interact. The authors have never met in person and the thread of Gene trying to convince Gina to meet felt very relatable, especially when you consider how much online-first relationships have grown over recent years.

It's engaging, so not recommended to read when you're wanting to go to sleep or get to work soon.
on December 12, 2012
I enjoyed this book. The two authors worked well together.

The book has a lot of humor but should not be taken too lightly. It actually offers quite a bit of food for thought.

I found that many of the sly comments offered fit well with more "serious" books I have read regarding differences between men and women.

I liked the format including bringing in "experts" on occasion.

I found some of the banter tedious. It occasionally went on too long.

I did like the choices of topics and I was not offended by the way they were presented. However, the reader needs to avoid being too squeamish. It seems to help to look at the text in two ways. One is as pure fun, entertainment. The other is to take the comments in the book as offers for thought.

I found the book to be respectful while not allowing political correctness to limit areas of investigation.

I did not care for the introduction. It just goes on too long. However, you miss little by moving on as there are a variety of subjects covered. Some chapters do lead into the next so you do risk some loss of flow. I just want to encourage you not to give up on the book without trying to skip forward.

An editorial note, as a 66 year old male, I agree with Gena, that the world will be much better off once it s led by women.

Enjoy, but remember to think.
on February 18, 2016
Gina Barreca delivers laughs, great observations, and her characteristicly genius commentary, but Weingarten was SUCH a misogynistic oink that I couldn't stand to read another word from him. I shut the book just a few dozen pages in and told him on Twitter that I wanted my money back, only partially in jest. I may sound humorless in saying this but I assure you, I'm not. I possess and can appreciate some of the dryest humor, but this man clearly has deep-seated Mommy issues that he only minimally disguises as humor.
on June 5, 2005
What remains to be said in the battle of the sexes? Quite a lot, it seems. In fact, it's likely a subject that will never cease to fascinate. What's often missing in the discussion, however, is humor. Humor is something Gene & Gina have in spades.

In this extended conversation between two clever comedians, Gene & Gina cover a lot of old ground and some new but their banter is always fun and fresh. They also have very distinct personalities: Gene as the old newspaper hack and Gina as the slumming academic. I also find their occasional guests highly entertaining as well as their silences (In the chapter on jokes that offend women, GINA: Why don't you tell the one you told me about the three tampons walking down the street? GENE: GINA: Go ahead. The whole class is waiting. GENE: )

Overall, there's something slightly offensive, deeply truthful and very funny about this book. I found myself laughing out loud more than a few times. That's all I really ask for in a book I pick up for fun.
on May 23, 2016
unique and delightful.
on June 24, 2014
This book was fun to read. The banter between the 2 writers was witty and amusing. Men's opinions vs women's opinions were great. An easy and very enjoyable read.
on October 31, 2015
Very, very funny book. Shows we have more in common than not.
on July 20, 2015
Another wonderful book from my favorite writer at the Washington Post!
on October 1, 2009
The back and forth of the two people was just not that interesting. I have not been able to finish the book and may or may not give it to my library for their book sale. Don't want to make someone else think it would be worth reading.