Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 20, 2008
I put this machine together and the thing will not record the amount of steps you take or time or run the programs it has. I called customer service which is near impossible to reach and there solution. They tell me to take apart the main component and adjust a switch. The adjustment does not fix the problem. Customer service with image is a joke.

Now it is past 90 days and they will not replace or repair this piece of junk, even thought they never fixed the problem that was reported to them days after it was bought.

I would not recommend this product or any product from Image to my worst enemy, since it did not work out of the box. Buy from a reputable company that is going to stand behind their product.
on July 26, 2007
I really liked this machine when I first started using it. Easy to put together, fairly sturdy. I have now owned/used it for about 1 year. It began to squeak (which wd-40 helped) and the handle bars began sliding down. I put a set screw in each arm to hold the handles in place. Then the squeak became really pronounced so I tried to take it apart to regrease. One of the orginal screws has rusted so that it cannot come out (despite being in my family room) and when I openned the flywheel case a large amount of rubber fell out. The drive belt is slowly being eaten away where it rubs on some of the mechanism. I also noticed that one of the handles is cracking.
It may be that I am working the machine fairly hard, resistance 6 or 7 and over 50 rpm, but it seems like the machine should be able to handle that. Looking at some of the other reviews, I wonder if just got a lemon. But I am going to have to find a better machine.
on October 13, 2014
I purchased this for my husband, daughter and I to use. It was easy to put together and also easy to use. The biggest downfall is the adjustable handlebars would slowly slip down and would have to be readjusted.
on March 14, 2008
This machine has been used moderately for about a year and a half. Right after the warranty ran out, it started making squeaking noises inside. I took the machine apart, reduced the tension on the flyweel and the squeak went a way. However, this did change the tension settings.

THEN, the rod that holds the right foot arm broke. After examining the broken part, it was obvious that it was poorly designed and/or manufactured. It broke right through the weld. I called customer service and they were very helpful in getting a new part ordered FOR SEVENTY FOUR DOLLARS PLUS SHIPPING!!!!! This is a cheap piece of steel with a rod welded on one end. Give me a break.

This was a very inexpensive machine - you get what you pay for.
on September 10, 2009
i have had this for 3 years, use it regularly as does my spouse occasionally and its still working great. the handles do wobble side to side, washers fixed that. the heart rate monitor is off but i dont use it much.

i have used all the functions and i really do love it! for the money its a good deal and a good piece of equipment!
on June 23, 2008
I agree with the other reviews. It gives a great workout, I've had it since January 2008, and used it many times, although quit when the weather started getting nicer.

I do have a problem with the noise (squeaking) that it makes when you work out on it. I feel like I'm going to wake the whole house up when I use it. My husband swears he can't hear it upstairs (i'm in the basement), but I can't even hear the tv or my music over the noise. Must find a way to grease or stop the noise somehow.
on May 14, 2007
I purchased this b/c I am 5 months pregnant and can't run outside in the Houston heat anymore. I think it is good for the price and the programs pose a good challenge. I use it once in the morning and once in the evening.

I do agree with the other reviews that it is wobbly but it is not significant enough to chose a different machine. I would be interested to hear suggestions on how to reduce the wobbliness, if anyone has found a way.

My husband has even gotten on it a couple times, and he is not one to exercise on purpose :)

If you are looking for an inexpensive way to get a workout in at home, this is a good option.
on January 22, 2008
The elliptical worked fine for the first two weeks. I was worried about the joints being bushings rather than bearings. It was fairly wobbly. At 2 weeks, the frame cracked at the base, and of course the machine was unusable at that point. I'm 155 pounds. I did get a 3 yr warranty. I'm taking the machine back and getting my money back from Walmart. I guess if you want something that will last, you probably have to dish out $600 or so. Keep reading the reviews!
on January 26, 2009
welds around the frame broke after a couple months of use. Its right where the bottom and top tubes meet. I am about 200 pounds. Time to trash. I guess this has happened to others by reading otheer reviews.

Other problems. squeeky and the handles slide down no matter how much you tighten the bolts.
on November 16, 2007
I think this Elliptical is excellent. I have this machine for 1yr and a half and no problems. I just have a question thought. Did anyone knows on the display in distance? Is this is in miles? meters? or kilometers? It's my only concern. I never figure it out.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question