Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kodak PIXPRO Astro Zoom AZ251 16 MP Digital Camera with 25X Optical Zoom and 3" LCD Screen (White)
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on June 27, 2014
FIRST, AND VERY IMPORTANT:
Kodak no longer makes digital cameras and they're not giving customer support for older models either. If you go to their website and try to get support for ANY digital camera you won't get anything other than "knowledge base" stuff to read. They won't give support by chat, email, or phone. Nothing for digital cameras old or new. They're now farming out all digital camera manufacturing and support to another company - that's what the "Jk Imaging Ltd" is - this new company makes so-called "Kodak" cameras. On Kodak's website, if you look really hard, you can find this statement: "Through a Global Licensing agreement with Kodak, JK Imaging is proud to manufacture and sell Kodak branded digital imaging products." Read closely, "Kodak branded" means they have the right to use the Kodak name, but you aren't getting true Kodak quality. They're Kodak cameras in NAME ONLY.

I love love love my older Kodak EasyShare Z712 IS and Z730 cameras so I thought I'd love this AZ251 just as much or more. I bought this for two reasons - this model had better zoom (25x vs. 12x of my Z712 IS) and because this model can run on AA batteries. I like having the option of having a camera that uses batteries that you can get just about anywhere, cheap.

I admit I bought this AZ251 as a back up camera, but I really thought I'd be getting a camera I liked better. I didn't. My biggest complaint is the zoom. When zooming in for stills you have to use a tripod otherwise your photos are out of focus. I understand that's what tends to happen when you use ultra high zoom, but it was marketed (on a home shopping channel) in a way that made you feel you could use the zoom freehand. And the zoom in video mode is very annoying too; the camera constantly goes in and out of focus and makes a clicking noise. Very annoying when you play back your video, the clicking noise is constant (every few seconds) and loud.

I'm going to continue to use my Z712 IS but with an attachable zoom lens. Haven't bought the zoon lens yet but reviews here on Amazon are good so I'm sure that's how I'll get better zoom with my old camera, then I won't have to use the AZ251 for the zoom.
Opteka 2.2x HD² Telephoto Lens for Kodak EasyShare Z612, Z712, Z812, Z1012, & Z8612 IS Digital Camera
They make zoom lenses for many cameras so keep that in mind before you buy a new camera just to get better zoom.

So, would I buy the AZ251 again? Only if used or super cheap (I would not pay more than $50). And it surely would only be a back up camera, for when and if I need a second camera (to use two cameras at once), or one that ran on regular AA batteries or if the rechargeable batteries on my other digital cameras are not charged. I would not have paid the over $150 I did had I known it would be this annoying to use, and have so much trouble with focusing the zoom.

You will not see this as a verified purchase for me because I bought it from a TV home shopping channel. But I kind of wish I did buy it on Amazon because I would have had no trouble returning it. I've posted photos to prove I own it, because I know there are so many fake reviews online these days.
review image review image review image
1010 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2014
The specifications of the camera might fool you but dont be the camera is not made well. It uses cheap quality material feels cheap
and looks cheap in real life . On the internet they do a good job at pretending that this is the same quality kodak used to produce.
These are not made by kodak they are made by a 1 year old company named jk imaging and its just not the same.
Buy a canon or nikon much better value
on April 2, 2015
This is one of the worst expensive looking cameras I have ever used.

A friend of mine bought this and wanted me to show her how to use it. The first thing that I noticed was the really cheap build. It went downhill from there.

Pros:
* It looks ok from a distance.
* Takes pictures. (though, not the kind that I would be proud to show anyone)

Cons:
* For indoor lighting you need the flash or get blurry pictures.
* Focus is really slow.
* Focus does not work much of the time.
* Cheap build.
* Only somewhat passable LCD.
* Very long shutter delay. (a great way to miss moments)

You can find a better camera out there for half the money. Do that instead.
on November 7, 2015
This Kodak AZ251 digital camera is exactly as described! Even though there is only 1 picture to go by in the description, this camera is beautiful all over!! I have included 5 angles I took with my cell phone to show how pretty the camera is! I took 4 pictures of day shots with the camera, 2 with flash and 2 without. I also took one picture in our bathroom in the dark, that is the one with fish. As you can see, the flash works wonderfully!! The only complaint I have is the lens cover cap is a little loose and falls off easily. I will be adding a thin layer of foam to make it more secure. Otherwise, I am totally happy with the camera!! This darling little digital camera totally lives up to the Kodak name!
on November 25, 2014
As soon as I received my camera, I immediately turned it on and took pictures. It was very simple to use. It had a quick guide that was helpful, and the quality of my pictures are excellent.It was well worth the amount of money I paid for it. I love my new camera and I definitely recommend to anyone who wants to buy a quality camera for a reasonable amount of money.
on August 20, 2014
I got this to replace my old Kodak EasyShare. This one takes decent pictures, no better than my old camera, but it has no viewfinder. What was the manufacturer thinking???? Bright sunlight obscures the image on the screen. I don't not like it at all.
on February 27, 2016
I cut and pasted these comments from another review and added a few of my own. Bottom line is, Don't Buy This Camera, it is a waste of money and I wish I could get mine back! Thanks Amazon for selling such a crappy product!!!

Pros:
* It looks ok from a distance. (It is very deceiving in this regard until you start using it and get a close look!)
* Takes pictures. (though, not the kind that I would be proud to show anyone)
- Pictures taken in sun light don't look to bad but that is the only positive comment I can make about this piece of crap!

Cons:
* For indoor lighting you need the flash or get blurry pictures.
* Focus is really slow.
* Focus does not work much of the time. (two really cute pictures of my older grand daughter in her princess outfit taken at close range indoors with the flash came out blurry, my Canon SX150 would never have done this1)
* Cheap build.
* Only somewhat passable LCD.
* Very long shutter delay. (a great way to miss moments) (I missed some great shots of my grand daughters due to the 'VERY' noticeable delay between depressing the shutter button and the camera actually capturing the picture!!!)

- Low light level photos are terrible! I took some photos of the Disneyland castle with just the night time illumination at the park and the blue cast of the flood lights dominated the photos making them look like a bad pastel picture and if that weren't bad enough the noise in the sensor at the higher ISO numbers is pathetic!

- Bottom Line: Amazon, I want My Money Back, Damn it!!!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2016
i bought one at sears as a gift, it worked out well and she was pleased with it. i wound up getting the same model for my self. its not hi tech. and for all you samsung phone stuff. it aint a phone. its just a nice basic camera. i use 4 aa lithium batteries. i like the many features on it mainly becuse they can be changed very easy and while takeing pics. plus as a cam corder to take videoes. its easy to use and very pro. looking. i am a photo G. and its nice knock around camera . for many uses. all digital cameras use up batterie life at settings used. but a big junk joke are the GE cameras made by GE .
the 2nd kodak i bought was threw amazon. and im not sorry i did!
on March 30, 2016
This camera is horrible. Eats batteries like crazy and after just a few uses it will no longer communicate with a PC. Tried calling Kodak and they were of no use. They no longer support cameras and referred me to an outside company. That company very rudely told me there was nothing that could be done. Stay away from this one.
on August 9, 2016
Don't buy this camera. I received as a gift and have taken many photos and videos and most came out either very dark or extremely blurry. I thought maybe I was using the camera wrong so I had a few different people try it and their photo's and videos turned out the same as mine. Although I was very excited to receive it, I am very disappointed in the way it functions. Not worth the money at all.