Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 174 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 265 reviews
on January 11, 2017
Katie Salidas does paranormal in such a fantastic way! The characters are fun in a relatable, broody, mouthy, loyal...well, they're interesting. But this isn't all sparkly vampires and living off of animals, not that there's anything wrong with that. This is struggling with who you are, even as who you are changes before your very eyes. This is deep emotional connections that aren't always a good thing. I'm reviewing as I reread the series, so I have the benefit of knowing how the characters develop throughout the series. But, regardless, Carpe Noctem is a solid beginning to a great series.
on September 29, 2016
Most excellent! This book had me hooked from the first sentence. I devoured this, and was left wanting more.

The mythology around the vampires was really intriguing. It felt right that they could be tracked to some Netherwoldy Ancient Gods. I mean, if I had to write a story based on vampire origins, that's they way I would go. It just makes sense.

I was really sucked into this story line, and felt emotionally for these characters. You could really feel their pain, hatred, and passion for one another. Which I find lacking in some other series, and was quite pleased to see actual emotions and connections from characters.

The character names I found to be fun to say, Alyssa, Lysander, Rozaline, Kallisto. The names really made me feel like I was part of an ancient godly, vampire war. As for the characters, I do not know why some reviewers are saying Alyssa is so annoying. I mean, if I went through the crap that she did, in the 2 weeks that this took place, I would be a little annoying/freaked too. The fear that she has is real, and that would not go away in the spawn of a few weeks. It will take time for her to get fully into her powerful, vampy new life, and I feel that will just make the 2nd book that much better.

Another thing that I liked was the Las Vegas setting. I found that rather interesting as they described the downtown, casinos, and the old Vegas. I hope the author gets further into the seedy downtown, artsy areas of Vegas as I am weird and like to adventure in those parts myself. LOL.

Overall, I found this book to be unique. The vampire clans, and families I thought was really nice to see. You could really feel the family vibes with Lysander's brood. Definitely a vampily that I would love to be part of. I recommend this book to anyone that love vampires, urban fantasy, and hints of mythological ancient gods.

**I was given this ebook in exchange for an honest & unbiased review.**
on April 22, 2016
A great new author! I loved the way vampires are portrayed in this book. I really enjoyed Imortalis Carpe Noctem. I read through it in a few hours. I very thoroughly enjoyed this book by Katie Salidas. It was nothing like I expected when I picked it to read. The author has a way of writing that sucked me in and I cannot wait to see what else she has written or will write. If you enjoy vampire stories you will like this one. I've read many paranormal books about vampires and each authors' idea of what vampires are and what they do and what hurts them and what doesn't is always different. This book is about Alyssa, a college student who is viciously attacked on her way to her dorm one evening. She is dying when a strange man intrudes upon the attack and kills both of her attackers. He decides to change her into a vampire when he realizes she has been actively bleeding out while he was quenching his thirst on the attackers. She wakes up to find that she is with this strangely exotic, handsome, enigmatic man who tells her that he had to change her because she almost died while he was otherwise occupied.
on July 14, 2017
Carpe Noctem is the first book in the Immortalis Vampire series and if the rest of the books in the series are as good as this one, then I've found a new series to follow. It's a urban fantasy / paranormal romance that should appeal to the masses. The story evolves around Alyssa, she has a boring average life in the beginning, but all that changes while walking home one night. She is attacked by two men and left to die, but along comes Lysander who saves and changes her life forever. I really liked the unique take on vampire covens and mythology. I know that some reviewers said they found Alyssa annoying or whiney, but if I had gone through what she did, then I definitely wouldn't be very fun to be around either. I think her character is portrayed appropriately. There's much more to the story, but you'll have to read it to find out. Definitely recommend.
on January 7, 2013
For as long as I've read books for entertainment, I've found something appealing about tales of vampires, werewolves, and other such creatures. To this day, I love to find a truly great example of it.

Immortalis Carpe Noctem is exactly that.

It did exactly what it was meant to. It entertained me.

Throughout the story, I found that it held my attention and did not move too fast or too slow. It was the type of story I love to read. I enjoyed the author's writing style and the way vampires were done greatly. It can be difficult to make them feel fresh and handle the difficult issues that accompany vampirism, but I thought they were done very well.

It's not the best story I've ever read, but if you want an entertaining story about vampires, I would definitely recommend this book.

I already look forward to reading the next book in the series.
on September 22, 2016
Immortalis Carpe Noctem is Book 1 of the Immortalis Series by Katie Salidas.

This was my first time reading Ms. Salidas work. Immortalis Carpe Noctem is a urban fantasy/paranormal romance that would appeal to many. The world is pretty well-defined and the characters likable while the premise is intriguing. It has soooooo much potential! However, with that being said, I had issues with the execution due to the many editing errors and the uncomfortable delivery...lots of cringing moments for me peeps. To be honest, I sat on the fence the whole time I read this, all the while debating to myself: to continue reading or not. I'm hoping the next in the series will be a better read.
on August 5, 2017
Meh. It seemed set up for something different, but then it turned predictable. Vampire's feud overflows into human neighborhoods and hunters descend. Alyssa's character isn't believable. She asks the wrong questions and isn't concerned about major facts. Lysander has the potential to be a complex character, but ultimately is just cookie-cutter ancient. His development is shallow and surfacey. HEA is cliched and anticlimactic.
on September 27, 2016
Being a vampire might be a gift.. or a curse.
After being attacked, Alyssa is involuntarily turned and thrown into the world of supernatural creatures. Realizing she is a vampire, her defiance escalates and she sees herself as a monster, not willing to accept her new nature. Only her maker, Lysander, and his friends are able to show her the positive aspects of being a creature living on blood. However, Lysander's previous coven mistress, Kallisto, doesn't want to grant him a peaceful life. If not enough, a party of vampire hunters comes to the city and runs their hunt, targetting the coven.
I usually focus on the characters as the most crucial part of the book. I liked the diversity and believability of the character set in this story. Alyssa is quite sympathetic heroine, attentive and attractive, but she really acts like a spoiled child from time to time, feeling supreme in her pride and causing trouble. The mysterious artist Lysander is, on the other side, absolutely lovable, with his mostly controlled emotions and life struggles. Even whimsical Kallisto acting like a jilted woman with broken heart adds to the whole in a great deal.
The vampire world is intriguing and magical, storyline develops nicely at steady pace, with not much surprises but it does no harm. I liked the book and look forward to read the next installment in the series.
on September 5, 2016
This book is full of action and promising characters. Alyssa's life is changed suddenly when she finds herself a victim of violence only to be rescued by a vampire. Lysander, the vampire, waits too long to act and Alyssa's life is ebbing away. With no other means of saving her, he turns her into a vampire. Alyssa survives the change only to have trouble adjusting to her new life and letting go of her old one. Old adversaries arrive to cause trouble as Alyssa and Lysander stand on the precipice of falling in love. This book ends in a big way to make you want more. I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
on January 26, 2014
Alyssa was fired from her job, and her best friend Fallon has been stood her up, so she decides to walk to her apartment by herself. While walking to her apartment she's brutally attacked by two men, and she knows she is knocking on death’s door. She is saved from death by a stranger with the hypnotic eyes that are gray with flecks of blue.

Alyssa has learned that she is no longer a living mortal, but she is now a vampire, and the man that has the hypnotic eyes is name Lysander, and he is her sire. Vampires are not real are they?

Alyssa has a hard time dealing with her new immortal life. One of my favorite lines in the book is “Becoming a Vampire was easy, Living with the condition-now that's the hard part.”

Lysander teaches Alyssa how to hunt for her food, she does have problems with killing humans, so she decides that she will only drink from human’s that are bad. Lysander also teaches her how to use her new powers.

Lysander is over 2000 years old, and he tells Alyssa how he was turned. He was turned by a vampire by the name of Kallisto. Kallisto is beautiful and power hungry, she makes herself the queen of their coven, through the years Lysander is no longer agreeing with Kallisto ways, and he parts ways with her and her coven.

Lysander tells Alyssa that she has to always be aware of her surroundings, never bring attention to yourself while you are on a hunt, and also to watch out for vampire hunter’s called the Acta Sanctorum.

I really enjoyed this story because it was told from a newborn vampire’s POV, you felt her heartache as she longed for her former life, her friends that she would never see, the smell of coffee and listening to bad poetry. You also see her struggles with her new immortal life, and her acceptance with her new life.

I will enjoy reading the rest of the series.