- Hardcover: 304 pages
- Publisher: Jossey-Bass; 1 edition (September 22, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118911113
- ISBN-13: 978-1118911112
- Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 0.5 x 9.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #575,904 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Impact & Excellence: Data-Driven Strategies for Aligning Mission, Culture and Performance in Nonprofit and Government Organizations 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Inside Flap
In an era of tight budgets and funding challenges, social sector organizations are suffering. Public opinion of government agencies and nonprofits is at a remarkable low. Leaders of these organizations need to breathe renewed vitality into the work of promoting the social good. In Impact & Excellence, Sheri Chaney Jones shows exactly where this vitality will come from. Using the “Five Cs” framework, readers will be inspired to implement measurement cultures, not out of fear, but out of excitement. This book’s distinctively practical orientation allows leaders to create action plans that account for their unique realities, identifying and overcoming obstacles along the way.
There is no clearer case for the value of measurement than the author’s four-year study. Impact & Excellence draws on the evidence to present illuminating case studies and success stories that anyone can emulate. Using templates, discussion questions, and the High Measurement Culture and Leadership Self- Assessment Tool, readers of Impact & Excellence can provide their organizations with hands-on guidance through radical transformation and high performance.
In her original research with over 200 government and nonprofit organizations, Sheri Chaney Jones found a strong positive correlation between organizational outcomes and cultures that value data and measurement. Data-driven change is not, as many have long thought, a way to make the social sector more like the business sector. Quite the contrary—Impact & Excellence is a manual for using measurement to capture the strengths of missiondriven organizations, allowing us to do even more good in the communities we serve.
From the Back Cover
PRAISE FOR "IMPACT & EXCELLENCE"
- Gold Medal winner of the 2016 Axiom Business Book Award in the Philanthropy/Nonprofit/Sustainability category.
- "With "Impact & Excellence, " Sheri Chaney Jones makes the case that great leadership, a high-performance culture, and the right success measures are three essential ingredients for impact and effectiveness. Organizations that focus on only one will struggle, do harm, or ultimately fail." --Mario Morino, Chairman, Morino Institute; author, "Leap of Reason: Managing to Outcomes in an Era of Scarcity"
- "Impact & Excellence" reveals the fragile situation that now exists within the social sector, but also gives us a practical guide for nonprofit leaders to transform their organizational cultures to 'data informed.' This book will help all nonprofits make better decisions with their data that lead to better outcomes for the programs, stakeholders, and communities." --Beth Kanter, co-author, "Measuring the Networked Nonprofit;" bethkanter.org
- "Impact & Excellence" is more than a 'how to' primer. It helps you to dream bigger, think harder, and be better. Sheri Chaney Jones has conceptualized and captured essential and easy-to-understand steps in creating a performance culture that can improve results for any organization. More importantly, these strategies will help nonprofit leaders increase their impact. She provides clear examples through case studies, assists leaders in asking the right questions, and offers clarity for action." --Jim Mahoney, Executive Director, Battelle For Kids
- "Impact & Excellence" is an important contribution to the field for nonprofit leaders who not only want to make more of a difference in their communities, but want all of the members of their communities to "know" they did. Jones shows us how to implement the old management maxim, 'You can't manage what you don't measure, ' and then goes beyond that to demonstrate how great nonprofits can transform themselves by measuring their impact at every level." --Peter Brinckerhoff, award-winning author, "Mission-Based Management"
- "In "Impact & Excellence," Sheri Chaney Jones has outlined the risks of hanging onto the status quo. Her insights allow you to form a plan for the realignment of priorities and practices within a nonprofit that will lead to sustainability and long-term growth. Every social sector leadership team, regardless of size, should read this book and follow its proven path to success. 'Business as usual' will never be the same." --Donna S. Collins, Director, Ohio Arts Council