- File Size: 3218 KB
- Print Length: 254 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: DuBon Publishing (February 28, 2014)
- Publication Date: February 28, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00IQ7T98I
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #99,441 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Imperfect Love Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
If you’re looking for a romance where there’s a good guy at the end who steps up and loves Lauren and her child for exactly who they are without expectations and/or pressures to be perfect, then this is a sweet story about learning to love again. On that basis, I’d give it 4 stars.
I think that anybody who gives this book a chance will enjoy it, and will find that it sticks with you longer than a typical romance.
Lauren Wilson is confident that her life is headed in the right direction. She loves her job, has a loving husband, and she just found out that one of her greatest dreams has just come to pass – she’s finally pregnant. While she is on cloud 9, she finds that not everyone is as overjoyed as she is about this new development. She is handed an ultimatum by her husband that destroys her world. Confused and heart broken, she finds her life falling apart and shattering before her eyes. In an attempt to start over, she goes back to her home town in order to heal and start over. If this isn’t enough to deal with, she is reunited with her high school crush, Ethan, and her life is thrown into utter chaos. While she can’t control her emotions around Ethan, she is determined to protect her heart at all costs. Will love conquer her heart and prove to be too overpowering for her, or will she turn away and harden her heart in order to save what is left?
This story is beautiful in so many ways. It left me breathless with astonishment when I realized that Lauren’s greatest wish was being fulfilled before her eyes even though it was not in a way that she had hoped and prayed for it to happen. The events that seemed to throw her life in a downward spiral actually cleared a path to the fulfillment of her deepest longing. She was just filled with too much hurt and confusion to see what was happening right in front of her. No one could deny her the emotional war that she battled relentlessly or the resulting emotions. Thankfully, she was able to find the grounding she needed from her family. Over and over she wrestled with the same persistent question. What would she risk for the future that she had always dreamed of?
I found Ethan to be just as amazing as Lauren. He has his own inner struggles to deal with. Even though the story doesn’t focus on his internal battle, we see enough to know what he is going through. I found myself sympathizing with him as much as I did with Lauren. They are two lost and hurting souls looking for a chance at love and hope for the future.
Rebecca Tally has won me over with this touching and emotionally charged story. It is not an easy read, but it is definitely worth the emotional commitment. We walk through life short-sighted, and to be able to watch this incredible journey unfold before me gave me hope that perhaps we need to widen our own perspective when it comes to our lives. Maybe the hard times we face are just the means to clear our path to see our greatest wish being fulfilled. If we can add some wonder and awe to the pain and disappointment, we might be surprised at what we can see standing before us.
2. I love that Rebecca Talley is not afraid to try out some of the weightier topics. She deals with some real issues without making the book too heavy. It was still a great escape for me and made me think. A perfect combination.
3. The whole Holocaust connection. 'Nough said, because I'm not going to spoil anyone's reading.
4. The conversations and difficult decision making felt so real. The author excels at helping the reader experience the struggles and despair Lauren has to go through as well as balancing it with joy and excitement.
5. A happy ending to a very clean romance. Perfect!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book deals with some tough situations: adoption, abortion, holocaust and disabled (?) children.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Family Life
- Books > Romance > Clean & Wholesome
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Family Life
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Inspirational