- Hardcover: 480 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press (July 25, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1107005086
- ISBN-13: 978-1107005082
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 1.1 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #5,128,812 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Imperial Ideals in the Roman West: Representation, Circulation, Power
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
"Noreña's work provides the readership with ample material for further discussion of the same topic in the East and in Late Antiquity."
This book shows how the widespread circulation of a specific set of ideals and values associated with the Roman emperor not only generated ideological unification throughout the Roman empire, but also reinforced the political power of the Roman imperial state and the authority of local aristocrats in the western provinces.