Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Impossible Project I-1 Analog Instant Camera" and save 56% off the $299.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $7.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Impossible Project I-1 Analog Instant Camera
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Use the optional I-1 App to connect your camera to your phone and experiment with creative tools and techniques Make sure your light source is behind you when you shootKeep the ring flash on in all conditions - the more light in your shot, the sharper it will be
- Features an advanced ring flash, designed for taking great portraits The camera’s viewfinder sits a little above the lens - remember to allow for this when composing a photo at close distances, so your subject remains in the center
- Works with Impossible I-type and 600 type instant film Remember the lighten/darken switch - use it to brighten indoor shots or darken sunny outdoor shots
- Take full photographic control of your analog exposures with the I-1 App's Manual Mode Press the shutter button halfway in to focus on your subject before you take a photo
- The first new camera system in over 20 years for the original Polaroid photo format
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
I-1 Analog Instant Camera
The Original Instant Camera. Reinvented.
The I-1 is the first new camera system in over 20 years for the original instant format. It’s an easy to use point and shoot instant camera, with a variety of unique and innovative features designed to take your photography further. Works with Impossible I-type and 600 type film. The I-1’s uniquely designed ring flash provides a diffused light that’s perfect for portraits. You can also connect your iOS or Android device with the camera to experiment with creative tools like light painting, double exposure and more. This is the only instant camera that lets you take full photographic control of aperture and shutter speed, using the I-1 App’s manual mode. The I-1 is analog instant photography reinvented for the digital age.
Make Great Portraits With The Ring Flash
The I-1’s advanced ring flash adapts to your environment, capturing your subject in the right light no matter where you shoot.
An App To Take Your Photography Further
The optional I-1 App lets you do even more with your camera. Access useful additional features, add creative effects to your images and experiment with manual controls.
- The only new camera for the original instant photo format
- Easy to use point and shoot camera
- Advanced right flash for great portraits
- I-1 App for creative tools and technique
- Manual mode for all photographic control
I-1 Analong Instant Camera
The I-1 is a point and shoot instant camera with autofocus, for the original format instant film. It uses an advance ring flash, for better portrait photography and also as the camera's user interface. It has a detachable, mechanical pop-up viewfinder, It uses Bluetooth 4.0 to connect to an iOS and WatchOS App that enables multiple photographic features. The first features to ship include a remote trigger, timer, noise trigger, double exposure feature, and full manual control of the camera's shutter (Both shutter speed and aperture).
6 lenses total, with 5 possible configurations.
5 zone autofocus system, using reflective IR ranging.
Far-field (4.5–∞ m).
Focal length: 82 - 109mm.
Field of view: 41 degrees vertical, 40 degrees horizontal.
12 LED advanced ring flash, consisting of: 8 focused LEDs for increased range + 4 diffuse LEDs for softer light at closer distances (portraits).
- Outer shells: Polycarbonate + ABS plastics with soft touch rubberized coating.
- Viewfinder, Viewfinder mounting plate, strap mounts: Zink Aluminum alloy.
- Lenses: Optical grade Polycarbonate and Acrylic Lenses, coated.
- Shutter system: custom design, using precision step motors for shutter and focus control.
- Length: 145mm
- Width: 110mm
- Height: with VF 108mm / without VF 99mm (to top of lens barrel)
- Weight: 440 grams (without film pack)
Take full control of every aspect of your exposures: use Manual Mode to adjust aperture, shutter speed, flash and focus distance.
Remote Trigger & Self Timer
Use the remote trigger to stay in the frame when shooting from a distance. Or use the self timer to take a selfie without the awkward angles.
Multiple exposures on top of each other. Paint with light and color. Trigger a shot with a loud noise. The I-1 App lets you have fun with digital effects in an analog environment.
This is the first instant camera to:
- 1. Have a ring flash.
- 2. Work with an app.
- 3. Offer full manual control over shutter speed and aperture.
Impossible Black and White Instant Film for I-type Impossible Cameras
Eight instant black and white photos with white frames. For use in Impossible I-type cameras. Images begin to emerge within a minute. Full development takes 5-10 minutes. I-type film is optimized for I-type cameras. It’s cheaper than our standard film, because it doesn’t contain batteries. I-type film uses our latest b&w chemistry to capture fine detail effortlessly, producing high contrast photos with depth, atmosphere and distinctive analog texture. Its iconic white frame design is a reminder of how instant photography all began.
Impossible Color Instant Film for I-type Impossible Cameras
Eight instant color photos with white frames. For use in Impossible I-type cameras. Images begin to emerge within 2 minutes. Full development takes 20-30 minutes. I-type film is optimized for I-type cameras. It’s cheaper than our standard film, because it doesn’t contain batteries. I-type film uses our latest color chemistry to produce photos with rich, well-balanced tones and those soft textures that make analog photography so distinctive. Its iconic white frame style is a piece of instant history.
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Battery Weight||10.5 grams|
|Item Dimensions||5.2 x 5.3 x 9 inches|
|Item Weight||0.97 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||2.07 pounds|
|Style Name||I-1 Camera|
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||TheImagingWorld||Amazon.com||Adorama Camera||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||RitzCamera|
|Item Dimensions||5.3 x 9 x 5.2 in||2.25 x 3.61 x 4.5 in||2.3 x 3.7 x 4.9 in||3.8 x 4.6 x 0.8 in||5 x 7.12 x 3 in||7 x 7 x 6 in|
|Item Weight||0.97 lb||0.65 lb||0.6 lb||0.32 ounces||0.54 lb||1.5 lbs|
The Impossible Project I-1 Analog Instant Camera is an easy-to-use point and shoot instant camera, with a variety of unique and innovative features designed to take your photography further. Works with both Impossible I-Type and 600 type film. The I-1's uniquely designed ring flash provides a diffused light that's perfect for portraits. You can also connect your iPhone to the camera via Bluetooth to experiment with creative tools like light painting, double exposure and more. This is the only instant camera that lets you take full photographic control of aperture and shutter speed, using the I-1 App's manual mode. Also features 5-zone autofocus system, 500mAh li-ion battery, fold-away viewfinder, plus more.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Pros: I love the IDEA of photos printed on Polaroid...!!. AND I DO enjoy the way the Black and White photos develop - If you do buy this. Buy Black and White 600 film and skip the colored stuff completely.
Doesn't charge. Red light turns on as if the camera is charging, however even after 8+ hours of charging the camera still doesn't turn on.
1. The battery does not hold a charge for long. You'll loose enough juice that you won't be able to take a picture with a flash by the third day if left idle on your shelf, but you can still take a picture w/out flash. Solution: Just recharge it everyday like any cellphone. You can also recharge it with mobile power bank if you are on the go in your bag (you can also take a picture while it's charging). Problem solved.
2. Framing with the eyepiece took me a little while to figure out. And yes, it should be a no brainer, but as soon as I figured out that my chin HAS to touch the back left corner of the I-1, I was getting all of my shots as framed. Just remember, if you are taking a portrait as close as 12 inches away, raise the camera a bit to correct for parallax. The picture taking lens is lower than what you are framing with the eye pice, so you will crop out a portion of the subject's top if you do not correct for this.
Aside from these two things it is a wonderful camera, lens is sharp with 5 zone focusing lenses. The sharpness of your picture will vary with the quality of the film. At the time of this review the new Polaroid Originals has the best color and sharpness of the films (in my humble opinion). Impossible Project film is not as consistent with quality so your luck may vary. The wheel and button on the side when pressed can tell you how much battery life is left. It has a +/- switch to adjust exposure in tricky situations much like the box polaroid cameras. When you turn on the camera, the LED's on the front let you know how many shots are left. Blue tooth connection is fast. When companied with the smart phone app you get 7 modes, my favorite being the manual mode. I can change everything such as f-stop, shutter speed, ring flash strength, focus and single or multiple exposure. In manual mode you can hold up your phone, point it to your subject and get a light meter reading by adjusting your settings and get instant feedback so you get a well exposed shot. Other Modes being Remote Trigger, Self Timer, Double exposure, Noise Trigger, Light Paint, Color Paint and a scanner function to take a picture of the polaroid and crop out anything outside of the polaroid frame.
One of the best things about this camera is, now with the new Polaroid Originals film, I-Type film is the least expensive out of the new line-up of films. This camera is truly a gem, second only to the SX-70 Sonar (SLR) line of cameras. I'll post some pictures to go along with this review only to show it's capabilities in auto mode, shot on Polaroid Originals new I-Type film at the LA County Fair Sep 2017.
Note: This review is given to inform you of my time spent with my copy of the I-1, purchased with my own money. I do not know anyone else that owns this camera and as such, I cannot compare different units for quality control. I should state that I also own a Polaroid SX-70 Sonar with Mint II Flash bar, Polaroid Sun 600 LMS, Polaroid Sun 660 Auto Focus, and a Minolta Instant Pro very similar to a Polaroid Spectra. Out of all of these instant cameras, I use the I-1 the most. I would probably use the SX-70 just as much, but the cost of use is way more because of the SX-70 film price. I hope this helps anyone that is looking to buy one.
1st Camera: stopped charging after two months, micro USB stops working.
2nd Camera: BRAND NEW CAMERA WON'T ACCEPT CHARGE OUT OF BOX (I have a friend who had the same issue).
Reluctant to even deal with another replacement, but after spending $300, I most likely will. Looks like the I-type will be sitting on a shelf while I use my more reliable 25+ year-old polaroids (THAT STILL WORKS LIKE A CHARM)
Update: customer service says the brand new camera they sent me won't work because the battery is too empty and needs a larger voltage charge... Why this cord would not be sent WITH the camera if they knowingly send the camera out with empty battery packs I don't know.... Still waiting for it to arrive. By sending the camera with an empty battery seems like they are asking for this to happen???
Meanwhile, I was traveling abroad when this all went down. I ended up having to go out and buy and old Polaroid 600 to not waste the $200 worth of film I brought abroad with me...