Impresa Products Ice Machine Cleaner/Descaler - 4 Uses Per Bottle - Made in USA - Works on Scotsman, Manitowoc and Virtually All Other Brands (Ice Maker Cleaner/Icemaker Cleaner)
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- PROTECTS YOUR MACHINE: It is very important to regularly clean / descale your ice machine to eliminate limescale / hard water mineral deposits and prevent corrosion. Doing so significantly extends your machine's lifespan and enhances taste
- UNIVERSALLY COMPATIBLE: Our ice machine cleaner is compatible with virtually all types of icemakers, incl. countertop, commercial, undercounter, portable, nugget, crushed, pellet, vending, flake, residential, industrial, automatic, kitchen & more
- GREAT FOR ALL BRANDS OF ICEMAKERS: Custom-formulated to aid ice makers, our product is ideal for all major brands, incl. Scotsman (TM) / Scottsman, Manitowoc (TM), FSP (TM), Sub Zero / Sub-Zero (TM), Hoshizaki (TM), GE (TM), Kenmore Elite (TM), etc.
- POWERFUL YET GENTLE: 100% nickel-safe. Powerful and effective yet gentle on your machine, our ice machine descaler will restore your machine's performance . We meet or exceed the efficacy of nickel safe ice maker cleaners (based on in-house testing)
- PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA! Four uses per bottle. For best results, use every 2-3 months. Note: This is an aftermarket product, produced by Impresa Products (TM). We have no affiliation with or endorsement from any of the other manufacturers mentioned
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Custom-formulated by a chemist with decades of experience, our product is ideal for all brands of ice makers, including Scotsman (TM) / Scottsman, Manitowoc (TM), FSP (TM), Sub Zero / Sub-Zero (TM), Hoshizaki (TM), GE (TM), Kenmore Elite (TM), Igloo (TM), Danby (TM), NewAir (TM), Uline / U-line (TM), Sonic (TM), Mermson (TM), Follett (TM), Cornenlius (TM), Wolf (TM), Kold-Draft/KoldDraft (TM), Marvel (TM), Vogt (TM), Iceomatic / Ice-O-Matic (TM), Whynter (TM), Luma (TM), Sunpentown (TM), SPT (TM), EdgeStar (TM) and more. Among the most important accessories for your ice machine, our cleaning / descaling solution serves as a flow aide making your machine run smoothly after cleaning. Helps avoid purchasing costly new parts and filters. Our ice maker cleaner is proudly made in the USA! Four uses per bottle. Use our icemaker cleaner every 2-3 months for best results. This is a generic product manufactured and distributed by Impresa Products (TM). This is not a Scotsman (TM) / Scottsman, Manitowoc (TM), FSP (TM), Sub Zero / Sub-Zero (TM), Hoshizaki (TM), GE (TM), Kenmore Elite (TM), Igloo (TM), Danby (TM), NewAir (TM), Uline / U-line (TM), Sonic (TM), Mermson (TM), Follett (TM), Cornenlius (TM), Wolf (TM), Kold-Draft/KoldDraft (TM), Marvel (TM), Vogt (TM), Iceomatic / Ice-O-Matic (TM), Whynter (TM), Luma (TM), Sunpentown (TM), SPT (TM) or EdgeStar (TM) OEM product and Impresa Products (TM) has no affiliation with or endorsement from these brands. Our product is not covered under any of the aforementioned brand's manufacturer's warranties (except for Impresa Products'). The aforementioned brand names and logos are the registered trademarks of their owners. Any use of the aforementioned brand names, models or any other related designations are made solely for purposes of describing and illustrating compatibility.
Compare with similar items
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
==== Original review follows ====
My ice maker is about 2 years old and never been cleaned. I use a carbon filter on the water, so wasn't expecting calcium deposits, but there was plenty. This descaler dissolved it all in about 1 hour.
I have an EdgeStar IB450SS(P). The recirculation trough holds a little more than a quart. The instructions on the Descaler bottle say 4 oz to a gallon. I made 1 quart with warm water using 1 oz of the chemical, drained out the existing water in the trough, poured in the solution and let it run for two cycles (30 minutes each). At the start, I could feel the scale in the ice mould. By the end, it was slippery. Now my ice harvest works as new.
I should mention that, before I ran the cleaning cycle, I found a THICK (1/8") layer of calcium sediment/crystals in the bottom of the recirculation trough. I dug out what I could with my fingers and then made a 2x strength batch of the cleaner (with very warm water) and let it sit in the trough for about 1 hours. I swirled it with a plastic spoon occasionally. Once that was all dissolved, I drained the trough and ran the 2 30-minutes cycles with a fresh batch (1oz cleaner to 1 quart very warm water).
For the EdgeStar waffle style ice makers, you really get 8 cleanings out of one bottle of chemical, not just 4.
As an aside, I tested this chemical on some of the thick scale I pulled out of the recirculation trough. Just put a little in a glass, poured a few drops on the scale and, fizzzz, it started dissolving it pronto. Good stuff.
Knowing it was a stronger concentration, I used a half bottle. Definitely should have used only a quarter bottle - the first cycle left a good deal of solution and foam behind, so a second clean and rinse was necessary.
Needless to say, that ice maker is spotless on the inside now.
We'll definitely purchase again.