- Product Dimensions: 4.8 x 4.8 inches ; 0.5 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 ounces
- ASIN: B01KUCVTVG
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #424,599 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Improved Military Style MGRS/UTM Coordinate Grid Reader, and Protractor
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- For use with UTM, MGRS, USNG or other metric based coordinate systems.
- For use on maps with scales of: 1:24000 1:25000 1:50000 1:10000 1:100000 1:250000 1:500000
- Compass Rose in both Degrees and Mils
- This tool is an improved version of the Graphic Training Aid 5-2-12 Coordinate Scale and Protractor used by United States and NATO military forces around the world
- Includes a 1:24:000 scale for USGS 7.5 minute topographic maps
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Item Dimensions||0.03 x 4.75 x 4.75 inches|
|Item Weight||0.03 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||0.07 pounds|
This tool is used for plotting and reading UTM, MGRS, or USNG grid coordinates from topographic maps. It is an improved version of the Graphic Training Aid 5-2-12 Coordinate Scale and Protractor used by United States and NATO military forces around the world. This coordinate scale offers significant benefits over the standard issue GTA 5-2-12. By using a slot on one side of the tool for access to the map, the tool can be more compact than the traditional GTA tool. The tool features several additional map scales, including 1:24,000, which is the most common topographic map scale found within the United States. The 1:100,000 scale now spans 5km grid lines, making it much more usable. Plus, the overall dimensions of the tool have been reduced so that it is the size of a music CD, easily fitting into a pocket or any slot where you could store a CD. Rounded corners keep it from wearing holes in your pockets. The inner protractor is marked in degrees and the outer protractor is in mils. Bands of white ink are printed under the two compass roses to make reading the compass rose easier and to keep the tool from "disappearing" when you place it on the map. The tool is printed on 30 mil plastic stock with a protective coating. It is about the thickness and stiffness of a credit card. It's 33% thicker than the standard military issue version, so it's less likely to be bent or broken when you need to use it. See the photo of the tool bent almost in half with no issues. Scales x Grid Size: 1:24,000 x 1km 1:25,000 x 1km/1:250,000 x 10km 1:50,000 x 2km/1:500,000 x 20km 1:10,000 x 500m/1:100,000 x 5km (Size 4.5" x 4.5")
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?