Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 32 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 45 reviews
on July 12, 2015
This is a book that is confusing at times. The author is not quite clear with characters and pronouns. I read it until the end because of the mystery only to find several more Unsolved mysteries in the last few chapters, which is annoying. I am not sure if I want to try this author on an ebook again.

I think that the author has talent, but the book is not very clear and concise in the plot and story lines....sometimes what seemed clear and obvious to the author was not so to me, I had to go back because I wondered if I had read too fast. And then, finally, I simply stopped going back and read on hoping to discover the answers in the next chapters or paragraphs.

I seldom care about anachronisms, but even I was jolted when I read that "sailors love their swag". There were a few other phrases that were out of place because they were so modern that it made me pause to either shake my head or chuckle....it is disappointing to be happily lost in a book and them be brought back because of something like this. But, I was lost in is book for one reason or another most of the time anyway

I am truly not picky, I have no idea what carriage or dress is worn when, most of the time, but c'mon! SWAG?!

Some of the characters were interesting, but repeating the same things about each one instead of creating deeper character traits, good or bad is really what makes this book disappointing. The final chapters created more intrigue instead of tying up loose ends.

I hope that this is one of her first books because she is interesting, just confusing....and maybe could use a better editor?
on August 11, 2013
This is a story set in the early 1800's between India and England about unrequited love - a love not to be stamped out by any circumstances, but with every Regency Historical Romance it does have a happily- ever-after ending. I use the word unrequited because both the hero and heroine think that their feelings are not reciprocated and try to hide their own from themselves. It's delicious seeing how they go about finding the truth of their love.

This was a story that will resonate long in my mind, reliving the plot. Both main characters were well developed and very likable. The hero fights his own demons aside from his attraction to the heroine. She, being a spunky and vivacious woman underneath all of her aristocratic façade is the woman to bring him to his knees. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
on October 3, 2013
Not for the faint of heart. This lush, sensual historical set during the Regency period was absolutely spellbinding. It has some very well-done intimate scenes that nearly set my Kindle aflame. The plot was intricate, exciting, and a guessing game from page one. The Hero was delicious, every last inch of him. The heroine was a true delight. The villain was evil for all the right reasons - the best villains usually are. The side characters were varied and amusing. An extremely good read. Very very highly recommended for all.
on January 29, 2013
For the first 4 or 5 chapters, I wasn't able to really get into this book. I kept trying to find reasons to distract myself.It just didn't seem to be grabbing my attention! In fact,there was a moment where I was about to give up on it, but decided not to.
Benjirou Doreé, the Marquess of Doreé, is of mixed ancestry,part English and part Indian. Although born in India, he was educated at Eton and Oxford. Upon the deaths of his father and brothers, he also claims his title. He now belongs to the British aristocracy, but he does not gain acceptance from most of the ton. Also, although it is never made exactly clear as to the why and how,he seems to have a lot of power and connections and somehow has been given the role of making things right.
Octavia (Tavy) Pierce,is a young woman who as an adolescent seemed to be an awkward and adventurous miss,one her parents seemed to have no idea what to do with. So at 17 they decided to ship her off to India, to her aunt and uncle.
Upon her arrival in India,Tavy is immediately separated from her uncle and accosted by two men. Ben comes to her rescue,lifting her up onto his horse and depositing her back into the arms of her uncle.
Two years pass, and when Ben returns,he and Octavia make a habit of taking mid-afternoon walks through the bazir, in order to acquaint themselves with each other.
Although love seems to be about to blossom, Tavy is soon taken far away from Ben and his influence.
Seven years later they are reunited. At first there is distrust on both sides, but there is also that slow burning flame that has never gone out between them, and a mystery that needs to be solved that brings them closer.
Once the story picks up,it becomes a much more enjoyable read. At the same time though, I felt that Ben and his past and how he comes to lead the mysterious life he now leads are not really explained,even though he himself says that he will tell Tavy the whole truth once he is able.
Even though I felt that there were a few stops and starts to this book, the story of Ben and Tavy was a pleasant one.
on October 31, 2011
OMG. I absolutely love, love the third installment of Katharine Ashe's Rogues of the Sea. Poor Tavy and Ben. They are so meant for each other, but the circumstances of birth and prejudices running rampart in this time period keep them apart for seven years. But once they're "forced" to be in each other's company after so long a separation- SPARKS FLY!!! Katharine really knows how to write a YUMMY hero!

I have come to expect a different type of Regency from Katharine--one that delivers on romance and passion WHILE capturing the essence of the British Empire.

My only complaint that this is the last one in the trilogy. Can't wait to see what Ms. Ashe has in store for us next!
on August 11, 2013
I chooses a five because of the difficulties in the layers of deception that was there. Her love for him & Her honest. His thinking he should leave her & never look back. Returning to London was the pits for her & seeming him only made matters worse. Upon over hearing a conversation starts this twisted tales of half truths, discrimination, misgivings, & disloyalty. He learning the truth of his family's death. She has woven a tight story with many twist & turns into a delightful time for all to enjoyed. Thanks all should read.
Ms Ashe has done her homework which has brought to life Colonial India and the English who occupied the country. She pulls us out of India to take us back to London where Octavia and Ben meet again after seven years apart. These two had a passionate encounter in India and when they meet again the air sizzles once more. But there are complications and Ms Ashe treats us to mystery and action and evil along with super sizzling sex scenes. I look forward to reading more from this author.
on February 7, 2014
A light, enjoyable read. The kind you grab for a weekend escape. Much of the plot is perfectly predictable, but the journey is still fun with enough unique details to stand on it's own. The heroine's pet monkey, her man servant (hired by true love unbeknownst to her), the subplot of human trafficking as the antagonist's source of funds.... Sit back and enjoy a foray into a time/place different than your average hometown.
on June 1, 2013
This particular book made me go out an buy all of Ms. Ashe's works. I fell in love with it since the beginning and it has become one of my all time favorites! The book is one of the most captivating love stories I've ever read and I felt it from beginning to end. It hit me deep inside and moved me in a way very few books have before. It might have just been me, but I think Benji and Octavia had the kind of love everyone should feel at least once in their lifetime.
on December 9, 2012
This book was well researched and was fun to read -- good plot and interesting characters. At the time I needed to read something with a happy ending.