BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

on November 29, 2012
With their first album it sounds like they were searching for a consistant direction. By this, their second album they had found it. There isn't a bad song on the album and I suspect it benefitted from Tom Werman's production. I give it 5 stars without hesitation in comparing it to other "power pop" albums, I don't know of a better one. This is also my favorite Cheap Trick album. The extras include a lackluster instrumental, "Oh boy", and 4 live songs which sound rough, even by live standards but not without some merit, if even to just appreciate them as what the band sounded like live at the time. I have this whole album on my exercise playlist on my MP3, the songs are full of energy and tightly recorded. Highly recommended.
on April 11, 2016
This is one of the most underrated rock albums of the 1970's. Period. The tight, poppy songs, smoothly recorded by Tom Werman seem like a greatest hits package because they are so good. I realize that the Band itself criticized the recording aesthetics of Werman, and as the consumer, I disagree! The band at that point ("In Color" being only their second studio album) wanted a harder, less commercial- sounding production. Great for you guys, Rick, but I can't imagine liking these songs as much if they were recorded with harder, punker, effects.The alternate versions I have heard don't make the same impact. It was the more polished, yet still driving rhythms that made this album great! If you think it sounds flat, then punch up your bass and treble and volume. That is how rock 'n roll was designed to be played!
Besides, if the album had not been produced as it was, it may not have had the impact it did in Japan, which is what produced the "Budokan" album hysteria and made Cheap Trick huge in America! Its perfect just the way it is after all these years!
on April 13, 2016
They're Best! Essential Hard/Rock Pwr/Pop recording!
on June 5, 2010
In Color by CHEAP TRICK, has always been my favorite album by CT ever. The best power pop/ rock& roll album from start to finish. One of the few cds I never skip a track on. When my cd collection was stolen last year and I was faced with having to replace thirty years worth of collecting I was stunned. Thank God for Amazon I got this cd for under $7, and it has bonus tracks my original didn't.The extra tracks are nothing great, if anything they make me glad for the way the album sounds as the demos are nowhere near the quality of the finished album sonically
on May 24, 2017
love this cd
on April 17, 2017
Really great rock/pop album from the Rockford IL boys!
Fast, prompt delivery.
Thank you!
on July 6, 2017
Best Rock Lead singer in America's history. Robin Zander can do it all.
on March 31, 2013
Having only heard the remastered CD from Vic Anasini (which is the best digital version), what struck me about this Kevin Gray record is the midrange. However this LP is really my go-to version of In Color. The record is a flat 180g offering with not a hint of surface noise. The soundstage is also nicely wide. Heavy, gatefold glossy cover with thick audiophile inner sleeve. I think this is OOP, but get it somehow!
on August 5, 2016
Cheap Tricks best cd before Live at Budokan, The complete Concert, this cd just flat out rocks, a must have for the classic rock fan
on June 22, 2016
This is one of the best from Cheap Trick. That should be enough said! The bonus songs were a welcomed addition and the price was incredible.