Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

In My Lifetime (3CD)
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:$67.99+ $3.99 shipping

on August 24, 2017
Awesome collection. It does not get any better than Neil Diamond.
0Comment|Report abuse
Well, I finally got old enough to let myself buy and listen to whatever I want whether or not it's considered "cool". I rememberd I always enjoyed the earlier Neil Diamond classics when I heard them on the radio years ago, and then I wondered why I never actually bought any of his music.

Some may think that this guy is corny, but let's face it, he's got a great voice and he wrote some classics, and the arrangements are often excellent too, so why not load up on Neil Diamond at this price? Anyway, I looked at all the options, the greatest hits CDs and various compilations, and I settled on this one.

I must say it's great to hear these old classics without the DJ talk over the beginning and the end, and on a high quality sound system. It's also great to hear some of his not so well knows stuff thrown in there too. It's plenty listenable, but I won't get sick of it quite as much as if it was just the "favorites" one after another. Great stuff!
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on March 30, 2015
This CD set is just what the title says. It starts out with a number of selections that were recorded when he as just starting to sing. They start when he was a child and then progress into, what sounded to me like, high school years. As you might suspect, his singing during those early years was not his best. However, as the program progresses, the songs get more listenable and finally begin to sound like the Neil Diamond you remember from "The Good Old Days". Overall, an enjoyable listening experience and a musical journey back in time.
on September 4, 2017
It is everything that my spouse wanted it to be. Great music
on June 5, 2013
I've seen Neil in person 3 times and I am so glad I did, as all of us are getting older, and the song by George Jones "Who's Gonna Take their place", is the question I'm waiting on.......so far NO-ONE.......the same for Neil Diamond.......there are a few who might think they will take their places, but I haven't heard one.......IN MY LIFETIME is a great CD, but you know by now I'm a Diamond big time fan, and I think I have all the Neil Diamond records, cassettes, CD's......and guess what, Kenny Rogers was in our home town last Weekend for a Riverfest show, and he is another one.......whowilltakehisplace.....no-one..ever. Love Neil, Merle and Kenny.........thanks
Kenny
on February 23, 2012
This 3 CD album has an interesting collection of unfamiliar songs by Neil Diamond from the early years. These songs give an idea of the early writing style and voice of the artist and contrasting these with his songs of the 70's and later makes it a fine collector set for those who like the music and message of Neil Diamond - it gives insight to the development of his writing and the person himself - a sort of self portrait (historical-autobiographical) collection. You may not like all of the songs or find the early ones a little uncharacteristic but it still is part of the making and success of the artist - certainly a collection go songs for the fan.
on July 17, 2005
I love this set and have fallen in love with Neil Diamond all over again. It has all the favorites but the best part for me was hearing a lot of music that was previously unissued. It was really neat to hear some of his early demos, and there are a lot of undiscovered treasures on all the discs, 16 unreleased tracks in all. I like also that this set was a personal collaboration with Neil Diamond and not just the usual compilation that someone put together. He spent a lot of time listening again to his early work and choosing music for this project, and there is a nice booklet that comes with the CD that gives his comments track by track. He also shares some personal thoughts about his career and there are lots of pictures throughout his lifetime.

You really can't go wrong with this one. It is the best of the best.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on December 6, 2001
This is a great collection of songs from the legendary Neil Diamond. Of course, there are some tunes that should be here, but every artist compilation that's put out today has loop holes here and there. My two biggest complaints are the following. First, although I thought it was great that a good portion of the Jonathan Livingston Seagull soundtrack was included, I can't believe that they didn't include the regular 6 minute album version of "Be." Instead, you have the 3 minute tune that is sung differently and is simply not nearly as good. Second, the orchestrational strings that open the beginning of "Hello Again" have been edited out! It's like they cut the song short or something. Wierd. Oh, and the 12 Greatest Hits version of "Shilo" is much better than the one on this compilation. I think it's great though to hear the unreleased tracks, as well as Neil's original recordings of "I'm A Believer" and "Red Red Wine." If you're a Neil fan, this is certainly something you need to add to your collection.
19 helpful votes
20 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on March 27, 2017
I already have this set. This was a gift. I have really enjoyed my set of in my lifetime by Neil Diamond.
on August 7, 2009
This is a great collection of Niel's greatest hits. It follows his incredible talent from his first appearance on the scene until 1996. Almost all songs are from albums, not live appearances. The commentary that Neil gives for each song really is interesting and adds to the understanding of how the song came to be. Most poignant is the original taping that Neil had with his young daughters as he was writing "Its a beautiful Noise" followed by the released recording. All Neil Diamond fans should find the gathering of over 70 Diamond songs in this collection well worth the price.