Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 31 reviews
on February 22, 2017
Ordered from Amazon on 2-15-17. I was to receive from HGotts 2-23 to 3-10. HGotts shipped 2-17 and I received 2-21 in perfect, new condition, two days earlier than expected. Excellent. Essentially, this review is for HGotts, and I'll update with an "In My Kitchen" review shortly.
Although I've spent several years loving to cook, am never intimidated by complex recipes or unusual ingredients, and consider myself better-than-average, I'd definitely recommend this book for serious beginners, too, as most of the recipes appear doable for even first-timers. Quoting Anthony Bourdain, "IN MY KITCHEN describes food you want to eat, will easily be able to cook yourself..."
on January 29, 2017
tem received timely and as advertised.
on September 7, 2015
love the book
on September 7, 2015
Not quite what I had hoped
on July 18, 2016
Enjoying this cookbook. Recipes are not fussy but are enjoyable to make. Ted Allen is a favorite host of mine and glad this book does credit to him. Only complaint is the index could be better organized (I volunteer to fix it--bad indexes are a pet peeve of mine), and a table of contents at the front listing each recipe in the sections would be helpful, too.
on March 11, 2016
There are very good recipes in this book that will tempt any finicky palate. A must-have cooking book. It's another addition to my cookbooks library which also includes Martha Stewart's Baking Cookbook, The Chopped Show Cookbook, Geoffrey Zakarian's My Perfect Pantry, & Anne Burrell's Cook Like a Rock Star.
on June 4, 2016
Of all the celebrity cookbooks I have read, this book is by far the most useful. A lot of the recipes are things I would actually like to try, and there are a lot of tips and explanations about why certain things are the way they are. Despite being a celebrity, he is a fairly normal cook, and makes it very easy to understand his recipes.
on February 4, 2013
Bought this cookbook for my girlfriend (she loves Ted Allen), and we've made some of the recipes. All have been very good so far. Good book with some good insight as well. Would definitely recommend.
on October 2, 2013
These recipes are helping me get back to healthy, balanced menus and trim pounds off. I will be sending this book to my family members for Christmas. Would recommend to anyone who wants to eat healthy.
on June 29, 2013
I loved Ted Allen's book. The recipes are straightforward, not complicated yet elegant and delicious. The descriptions are precise and well-described. Every one that I tried turned out well. It's the perfect recipe book for busy people who like to eat well.