Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Format: Vinyl|Change

Showing 1-10 of 267 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 585 reviews
on September 1, 2017
I was very very concerned about this vinyl. Everything I read said these don't sound as good because the album was digital but later pressed to vinyl. However, most albums now are..? I can't say I'm blown away by these pressings, I don't think this label is doing a great job in general with any of Radiohead's albums, so AMSP, my copy is full of pops and doesn't sound as good as my download. But In Rainbows is better than what the negative reviewers having been saying about it.
on May 15, 2010
This is my introduction to Radiohead. Can't say enough good things about it. Incredible disk. Favorites include Bodysnatcher which, unfortunately, I've been told is atypical of the Radiohead sound. They can really rock when they want to. Other favs include House of Cards, Weird Fish, Nude, Reckoner...Actually everything but perhaps track 5, which is a little weak.

Planning on moving on to more and unsure which direction to go. I'd like to stick with the more mainstream sound for now, before exploring the more esoteric stuff. Perhaps OK Computer?

I can't recommend highly enough. A very enjoyable listen. I've been drifting into house and down tempo stuff recently and this may pull me back to more guitar-based alternative.

I know this won't be particularly helpful for people reading reviews, but there are other, much more qualified music geeks with outstanding reviews of the disc that you can check out. I will say that if you're considering your first purchase of a Radiohead disc, this would be an excellent starting point!
on May 14, 2013
What is there to say that hasn't already been said? The CD came in a paper sleeve, which was unexpected but welcome since the case just sits in the center console of my car. This disc is in my CD changer and will probably never come out.

I won't go into detail on the album since most people on here have done that do death, but I will say Reckoner, 15 Step and Weird Fishes are phenomenal songs. Having said that, I've yet to skip forward through any tracks on this album. You probably wouldn't either. All of these songs are great.
on October 12, 2016
Good sound quality. Which is saying something because many other Radiohead US releases on vinyl have terrible sound. No need to review the album, if you're buying it on vinyl you know it's amazing.
on July 26, 2016
This is pressed from a digital recording - the sound is terrible. I would not recommend buying.
on May 3, 2017
It was what I wanted
on February 22, 2017
luv this album!!
on July 8, 2017
Excellent.
on March 4, 2008
"..How come I end up where I started...won't take my eyes off the ball again..." These lines say it all. "Pablo Honey" introduced us to these European lads as sort of an English answer to grunge. Following that was "The Bends" which may have made them more popular in the UK, but it wasn't until OK Computer that America really fell in love, and it's easy to compare that album to "In Rainbows" (besides their 8-letter titles). "Kid A" and "Amnesiac" allowed them to explore somber atmospheric orchestral ambience and experimental electronics. Then on "Hail to the Thief" they began to bring back their more rocking side with consistent presence of drums and guitar, though still making much use of electronics and an orchestra. However, what many critics are overlooking is the inclusion of singer Thom Yorke's solo album in this timeline. Because basically In Rainbows and "The Eraser" split Hail to the Thief in two, with the electronics going mostly to The Eraser and the acoustic guitar and live drums going mostly to In Rainbows. This is a perfect continuation from the mood of their previous output, and the only really new idea is the somewhat calypso accent to some of the moods and beats. Also, these songs should require far less adaptation for the stage than the songs on their previous three albums. Other than that its business as usual.
on April 9, 2012
I love The King of Limbs the best but OMG this album is amazing!!!!! its unbelievable. Bodysnatchers is so fast and penetrating and All I Need is one of the most beautiful ballads EVER. Reckoner is a peaceful but meaningful and effective song that brings you in and gets you transfixed. House of Cards is maybe the most calming and smooth tune you'll ever hear. Jigsaw Falling into Place is a tension filled, progressive anger and emotion outlet that somehow keeps its cool as it goes. Videotape is lonely sounding and leaves you wanting something more.

5 stars Radiohead. Only Radiohead can be this good. No one else ever has been and It seems like no one else ever will be.

Okay I think I'm done. bye!!