|Part Number||PRO ES|
|Item Weight||19.9 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||10.5 x 10.5 x 12.6 inches|
|Item model number||76098|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||6-Year "We Come To You" In-Home Parts and Labor Warranty|
InSinkErator Evolution Pro Essential 3/4 HP Garbage Disposer
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Continuous feed
- Sound Seal makes the Evolution Essential at least 40 Percent quieter than standard disposers
- Multi Grind Two grind stages let you quickly grind difficult food waste you wouldn't put in a standard disposer like celery and potato peels
- 40-Ounce Stainless Steel Grind Chamber and Grind Components handle more volume than standard disposers, 3/4 Horsepower Dura-Drive Induction Motor gives you more horsepower than standard disposers
- Quiet Collar Sink Baffle (antimicrobial) ensures quiet operation
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1) Pro model comes with 8 years warranty (vs 6 years for Non-Pro. Per InSinkErator, the warranty was 6 years + 2 years additional if installed by a professional. They eliminated the installation requirement in 2010 and now automatically comes with 8 years warranty. This may be why Amazon's description is not updated and still shows 6 years warranty for the Pro model).
2) Auto reverse feature
3) Upgraded Stainless Steel Sink Stopper
4) Anti-Microbial Quite Collar Sink Baffle
Definitely worth paying few extra $ compared to the Non-Pro model.
Few more tidbits that I now know that may also help you:
1) Pro Essential model size is not significantly different from Compact model.
2) Pro Essential has slightly wider size than Badger 5 so I had to alter the drain a bit (not too difficult).
3) I recommend changing the sink mount as the baffle fits better even though I could have used Badger 5 sink mount.
4) You'll either need to purchase a separate power cord (CRD-00) or transfer from old disposer if using an outlet.Read more ›
|Length: 0:31 Mins|
This is a seriously quiet disposer. With the water running, you can't be certain it's even turned on. It has made short work out of our usual food waste items without any hesitation.
Although the posted video probably won't show the sound meter or reproduce the sound very well, the sequence is this:
-about 53 db: quiet kitchen
-about 77 db: water and disposer running (coffee grounds feeding into sink)
-about 71 db: disposer only running
Bottom line: with the water running, you won't hear this unit operating over the sound of the water.
I had this installed by a plumber, but the installation steps are typical for these units (with the presence of a previous disposer and dishwasher the biggest variables). The directions are clearly illustrated and well-written. For those interested in the time savings on a professional install: my last DIY disposer install took about four hours. Our plumber had this job finished in about 35 minutes. Your results may vary depending on your DIY skills. And even though this can be done as a single-person job, a second pair of assisting hands will be very useful as you position this for attachment under the sink.
No way to address its long term durability yet, but its first impressions are very positive.
I have no reason to think this is going to be easy. The Customer Rep. seemed to think I would have to pay the plumber but thats not what the warranty says.
The Rep offered to send me the unit so I could install it. I am of an age that I do not bend like I use to. Hoping for a happy ending because the experienance has not been good so far.
Insinkerator (Emerson Electric) replaced the unit and there was no cost for labor. A factory rep also followed up my Amazon review. Outside of ten days of no disposal and a lot of phone calls there were no other issues. I am changing my review to four star.
One caution about this unit -- I was using it as a "drop in" replacement for an earlier InSinkErator, but could barely get it in --they've turned the dishwasher "in" port about 90 degrees, so mine now butted right up to the side of the second sink and I was barely able to force that connection. Sometimes "progress" isn't. In every other way this seems an exceptionally fine unit.
Another caution-- I also bought the microbial rubber sink flap entry thing, but discovered this is part of the unit, so no need for that accessory.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
-I purchased this disposer to replace my builders disposer that leaked. I read the reviews and thought that this was the best disposer. Read morePublished 12 months ago by heyjude
We bought this a couple years back and I am just now writing a review. It has performed flawlessly and compared with the old builder quality, this thing is whisper quiet. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Gadget
This disposal went into our new kitchen remodel and it was a huge upgrade from the builder model that was in there to start. This thing is super quiet and easy to hook-up. Read morePublished 15 months ago by 2KCJ
If it's possible to love a garbage disposal, then I LOVE this one. It is VERY quiet....truly! Don't hesitate to spend the little extra, you won't be disappointed!!Published 16 months ago by LEWKW
Very quite and powerful. I have been using InSink disposals since 1980.Published 18 months ago by H. L. Chambers
I purchased this two years ago. After living in our home for twelve years, the Waste King (WK) garbage disposal stopped working. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Mr. N. Broadrick