|Part Number||PRO XL|
|Item Weight||25.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||13 x 12 x 12 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||Excel|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||7-Year "We Come To You" In-Home Parts and Labor Warranty. 3 Year Extended Warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $49.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Asurion Home Improvement Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- Protection when you need it from a name you can trust
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP Household Garbage Disposer
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- SoundSeal Technology which delivers ultra-quiet performance versus a standard disposer
- MultiGrind Technology , with three grind stages to quickly grind virtually any food waste
- 40 oz. Stainless steel grind chamber and grind components for longevity
- 1 Horsepower Dura-Drive Induction Motor; power cord not included
- We Come To You 7-Year In-Home Limited Warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Engineered to handle even the toughest food waste – and do it more quietly than ever – Evolution Series is one of the most advanced line of garbage disposals available anywhere.
Assembled in USA with American Pride!
InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1 HP Garbage Disposal
For those who enjoy the very best, the InSinkErator Evolution Excel garbage disposal represents the highest standard in performance. Featuring a powerful, 1 horsepower Dura-Drive induction motor, and MultiGrind technology that delivers 3 stages of grind, you can stop worrying about what food you can put in your disposer. SoundSeal technology delivers Ultra-Quiet performance that is virtually noise-free. The Evolution Excel is equipped with a Jam-Sensor Circuit and Auto-Reverse grind system to break through the toughest jams.
- 1 HP Dura-Drive motor
- 3-Stage MultiGrind Technology
- SoundSeal Technology for Ultra-Quiet performance
- Quick Lock easy installation sink mount
- Jam-Sensor Circuit
- Auto-Reverse Grind System
- Exclusive "We Come to You" 7-Year In-Home Limited Warranty
- Power cord not included
- Assembled in USA with American Pride
What's in the Box:
1. InSinkErator Evolution Excel garbage disposal.
2. Installation instructions.
3. Quick Lock sink mount.
4. Stainless steel stopper.
5. Discharge tubes.
6. Sink baffle.
7. Clamp, hardware, Jam-Buster wrench.
Note: Power cord not included.
- 1 horsepower
- 1725 RPM
- 40 oz. Stainless steel grind chamber
- 3-Stage MultiGrind Technology
- Ultra-Quiet SoundSeal Technology
- Continuous feed
- Stainless steel components
- Auto-Reverse with Jam-Sensor Circuit
- 1-1/2" drain connection
- Dishwasher drain connection
- 3-bolt Quick Lock sink mount
- Safe for properly sized septic tanks
- 23 lbs, 13" height, 9" width
MultiGrind Technology Ensures Waste is Broken Down Easily
MultiGrind adds more grind stages to reduce food scraps to a fine pulp. In addition to a powerful 1-horsepower Dura-Drive motor, the Evolution Excel uses 3 stages of grind technology to break down food waste into smaller particles that are easily washed away. Power through foods such as fruits, small bones, vegetables, peels, celery and leftovers, with ease.
SoundSeal Technology Keeps Grinding Ultra-Quiet
The Evolution Excel utilizes components of SoundSeal technology including advanced-level insulation, vibration-reducing connections and a special Quiet Collar Sink Baffle to block noise from coming up through the sink opening for Ultra-Quiet performance.
Exclusive Jam-Sensor Circuit and Auto-Reverse Grind System
The Evolution Excel features both an exclusive Jam-Sensor Circuit that automatically increases torque 500% to break through tough jams as well as Auto-Reverse grind system technology automatically allows the disposer to reverse direction when a jam is imminent.
'We Come to You' In-Home Limited Warranty
The InSinkErator Evolution Excel food waste disposal includes an exclusive, 'We Come to You' 7-Year In-Home Limited Warranty for added peace of mind. This warranty includes free house calls (parts and labor) fulfilled through a network of 1500 professional service agents who are trained and certified to install, repair or replace InSinkErator disposers. Call our toll-free service line and we’ll provide you with the name and phone number of a factory authorized service agent nearest you.
Grind more types of food waste. Hear less noise.
1. Quick Lock Sink Mount - Allows for easy installation and disposal replacement. Compatible with most three-bolt mounting assemblies.
2. Chamber Capacity - 40 oz. grind chamber allows for large volumes of food waste.
3. MultiGrind Technology - 3 grind stages to break down food waste into smaller particles that are easily washed away.
4. SoundSeal Technology - Advanced-level insulation, vibration-reducing connections and a special Quiet Collar Sink Baffle to block noise from coming up through the sink for ultra-quiet performance.
5. Auto-Reverse Grind System - Automatically allows the disposer to reverse direction when a jam is imminent.
6. Stainless Steel Components - Stainless steel is resistant to corrosion caused by minerals and water exposure that can shorten the life of other disposals.
7. Dura-Drive Motor - 1.0 HP induction motor for powerful, maintenance-free performance.
8. Jam-Sensor Circuit - Automatically increases torque 500% to break through tough jams.
9. Manual Reset Button - In the event of an overload, a convenient button resets the disposal.
InSinkErator Evolution Compact
InSinkErator Evolution Essential XTR
InSinkErator Evolution Cover Control Plus
InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist
InSinkErator Evolution Excel
|Horsepower||3/4 HP||3/4 HP||3/4 HP||3/4 HP||1.0 HP|
|MultiGrind||2 Grind Stages||2 Grind Stages||2 Grind Stages||2 Grind Stages||3 Grind Stages|
|Grind Chamber Capacity||34.6 oz.||34.6 oz.||40 oz.||40 oz.||40 oz.|
|Stainless Steel Components||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Designed Specifically to Support Septic Systems||✔|
|Auto-Reverse and Jam-Sensor Circuit||✔|
|'We Come to You' In-Home Limited Warranty||4 Year||6 Year||7 Year||4 Year||7 Year|
Compare with similar items
InSinkErator Evolution Compact Garbage Disposal, 3/4 HP Food Waste Disposal Unit
Waste King Legend Series 1 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal with Power Cord - (L-8000)
Waste King Legend Series 1/2 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal with Power Cord - (L-2600)
InSinkErator O1100XL Pro Series 1.1 HP Food Waste Disposal with Evolution Series Technology
General Electric GFC320V 1/3 Horsepower Continuous Feed Disposall Large Capacity Food Waste Disposer, Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Blackman Plumbing Supply||Amazon.com|
|Color||Silver||Stainless Steel||N/A||Silver||Stainless Steel||Black|
|Item Dimensions||12 x 13 x 12 in||8 x 8 x 12.12 in||8.5 x 16 x 8.5 in||6.75 x 6.75 x 13.5 in||9 x 9 x 13.5 in||1.01 x 1.01 x 1.01 in|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I stuffed a whole bag of old oranges one at a time into it as a first test. I couldn't hear it as it is so quiet but could feel each orange being bounced around a bit. Within 15 seconds the disposer consumed each. The other comments about sound are accurate. You really have to listen to hear it running. The sound level does go up a bit if you remove the circular rubber baffle in the drain. Another really great design element of this disposer over the Badger 1 is the rubber baffle is easily removable for cleaning the underside and eventual replacement. It seats securely and is a very safe design. Easy, clear instructions and product mounting dimensions come shipped and are also available in PDF at the InSinkErator website if you want to check dimensions, etc. prior to purchase. It comes with a heavy, double ended allen wrench, a 90 degree and also a long straight discharge tube and a nice polished fixed stopper with rubber gasket. I am extremely satisfied with the entire experience of this product.
a. flat head screwdriver b. hacksaw or pipe cutting dremel accessory c. plumber's putty (NOT NEEDED unless you want to use the newer Quick Lock sink mount - I used the old one that was already in place). If you crack your old putty or want to use the new mount, make a putty "worm" the size of your pinky finger and put it around the area where the card-board washer was located on the new mount d. the provided Jam-Buster wrench e. medium-sized pot to catch any water in the current pipes
1. Make sure the power is off with a switch or at the circuit breaker 2. Undo the current 3-wire power connector that ties into the old disposal 3. I have a dishwasher fitting so I had to loosen the current hose clamp and disconnect it 4. Loosen the main pipe that connects to the old disposal (mine was a hand-tightened plastic Slip-Nut And Washer) 5. insert the jam-buster wrench onto one of the old quick lock tighten/loosen holes and turn counter-clockwise (be prepared to catch the old disposal because it is going to drop) 6. ONLY IF you have a dishwasher connector, put the new disposal on its side with ports facing upward. Take a flat-head screw driver and a hammer and insert the screw driver into the smaller top port, of the new Excel, and punch out the plastic port cover into the inside of the disposal - I lightly tapped on the top, bottom, left, right and it fell into the center of the disposal. Now, ensure that you got all of the plastic out of the port hole 7. Get the step 6 plastic out of the disposal chamber 8. Get under the sink and put your legs inside the cabinet and face it. put the disposal unit on your legs for support. Line up the ports with the sink pipes and the quick lock fitting. Push the Excel firmly upward and into into place and, with the jam buster inserted into the (opposite from how you took the old one off) quick lock, turn it clockwise until it stops - about 4 inches of rotation of the jam buster where your hand will be 9. Eyeball the distance for your main disposal pipe (my old one ported straight into it). Use the hacksaw to cut the included pipe (or shorten the old pipe because the Excel is wider than the Badger 5) to the right size. Attach the included clamp to the rubber housing of the disposal and reuse the old Slip-Nut And Washer(because new ones are not included for the other side) and tighten 10. Connect the dishwasher hose (I cleaned mine out with an old toothbrush because it had a small bit of grime in it) and tighten using the old hose clamp 11. Remove the bottom electrical housing screw and Connect the black wire to black, white to white, and copper to green and then put the panel cover back in place -try not to push too much wire back inside or it can cause functionality issues 12. Pop the removable baffle into the sink 13. You don't have to do this, but I tested the Excel with a whole red potato and extra peels. It ate through them with a fury. You can expect the same results from a chicken breast with bones.
1. Use cold water when grinding and have a good water flow. 2. Never pour grease in your disposal (or any household drain for that matter - EVEN with hot water). 3. I personally recommend not putting coffee in your drain lines, however, InSinkErator states that coffee grounds are perfectly acceptable to grind in this Excel disposal. They also said that it's good to grind up steak bones, ribs, and other hard food items in order to keep the disposal running optimally.
The Excel is twice as strong as my old badger 5, however, it is much quieter. I am not a plumber. This disposal worked out of the box (no baffle modifications). I haven't experienced the issue with the sink not draining fast enough while not using the disposal or any issue with plugging the sink to wash dishes. The included drain plug and the old plug from the badger 5 seem to work just fine. This review explained my setup, which is a double-sided stainless sink with a dishwasher hose attached to the disposal. The main pipe that goes into my disposal is straight. It feeds into a "T" and the other end goes to the other side of the sink. I do not have any extended knowledge to tell you if you will or will not experience any of the aforementioned issues. I will try to update this review after long-term use. For the time being we have a powerful disposal, built in the USA, that has a 7-yr warranty.
** UPDATE: 12/2/2015 - The disposal has worked flawlessly since installation. We have ground about any food item you can imagine. It is still (fairly) quiet, and gets the job done. Great purchase, imo.
This comes with everything you need except a power cord, so be prepared to put one on, not a big deal, but I don't understand why one isn't included.
I did need to change out my drain on the bottom of my sink also, as this one connects differently than my old one (both looked nearly identical to me though)
How Well It Works
Of course you want to know "But how well does it work?" This thing has tons of power, and is really quiet. After I got it installed I had to throw something down it. We had a could spongy apples, so guess what I did? I threw one of those apples down there with the disposer running and water running. This apple was chewed up and gone in a matter of seconds. Great!!!
Overall I am very happy with this disposer, and my wife was even excited as a birthday gift. Don't worry, it was followed up with jewelry and other gifts for her birthday also (I'm not crazy).
Most recent customer reviews
The best thing about it: super quiet...compared to any other disposals I've had.Waste King Legend Series 1 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal with Power Cord - (9980)Read more