|Part Number||PRO XL|
|Item Weight||25.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||13 x 12 x 12 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||Excel|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||7-Year "We Come To You" In-Home Parts and Labor Warranty. 3 Year Extended Warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Home Improvement Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP Household Garbage Disposer
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- SoundSeal Technology which delivers ultra-quiet performance versus a standard disposer
- MultiGrind Technology , with three grind stages to quickly grind virtually any food waste
- 40 oz. Stainless steel grind chamber and grind components for longevity
- 1 Horsepower Dura-Drive Induction Motor; power cord not included
- We Come To You 7-Year In-Home Limited Warranty
|What you need to know – This product has a serial number that uniquely identifies the item. When your order ships, Amazon will scan the serial number and add it to the history of the order. Should the item go missing before it arrives, Amazon may register the serial number with loss and theft databases to prevent fraudulent use or resale of the item. There is no action required from you and the serial number will only be used to prevent fraudulent activity associated with the missing item.|
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Engineered to handle even the toughest food waste – and do it more quietly than ever – Evolution Series is one of the most advanced line of garbage disposals available anywhere.
Assembled in USA with American Pride!
InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1 HP Garbage Disposal
For those who enjoy the very best, the InSinkErator Evolution Excel garbage disposal represents the highest standard in performance. Featuring a powerful, 1 horsepower Dura-Drive induction motor, and MultiGrind technology that delivers 3 stages of grind, you can stop worrying about what food you can put in your disposer. SoundSeal technology delivers Ultra-Quiet performance that is virtually noise-free. The Evolution Excel is equipped with a Jam-Sensor Circuit and Auto-Reverse grind system to break through the toughest jams.
- 1 HP Dura-Drive motor
- 3-Stage MultiGrind Technology
- SoundSeal Technology for Ultra-Quiet performance
- Quick Lock easy installation sink mount
- Jam-Sensor Circuit
- Auto-Reverse Grind System
- Exclusive "We Come to You" 7-Year In-Home Limited Warranty
- Power cord not included
- Assembled in USA with American Pride
What's in the Box:
1. InSinkErator Evolution Excel garbage disposal.
2. Installation instructions.
3. Quick Lock sink mount.
4. Stainless steel stopper.
5. Discharge tubes.
6. Sink baffle.
7. Clamp, hardware, Jam-Buster wrench.
Note: Power cord not included.
- 1 horsepower
- 1725 RPM
- 40 oz. Stainless steel grind chamber
- 3-Stage MultiGrind Technology
- Ultra-Quiet SoundSeal Technology
- Continuous feed
- Stainless steel components
- Auto-Reverse with Jam-Sensor Circuit
- 1-1/2" drain connection
- Dishwasher drain connection
- 3-bolt Quick Lock sink mount
- Safe for properly sized septic tanks
- 23 lbs, 13" height, 9" width
MultiGrind Technology Ensures Waste is Broken Down Easily
MultiGrind adds more grind stages to reduce food scraps to a fine pulp. In addition to a powerful 1-horsepower Dura-Drive motor, the Evolution Excel uses 3 stages of grind technology to break down food waste into smaller particles that are easily washed away. Power through foods such as fruits, small bones, vegetables, peels, celery and leftovers, with ease.
SoundSeal Technology Keeps Grinding Ultra-Quiet
The Evolution Excel utilizes components of SoundSeal technology including advanced-level insulation, vibration-reducing connections and a special Quiet Collar Sink Baffle to block noise from coming up through the sink opening for Ultra-Quiet performance.
Exclusive Jam-Sensor Circuit and Auto-Reverse Grind System
The Evolution Excel features both an exclusive Jam-Sensor Circuit that automatically increases torque 500% to break through tough jams as well as Auto-Reverse grind system technology automatically allows the disposer to reverse direction when a jam is imminent.
'We Come to You' In-Home Limited Warranty
The InSinkErator Evolution Excel food waste disposal includes an exclusive, 'We Come to You' 7-Year In-Home Limited Warranty for added peace of mind. This warranty includes free house calls (parts and labor) fulfilled through a network of 1500 professional service agents who are trained and certified to install, repair or replace InSinkErator disposers. Call our toll-free service line and we’ll provide you with the name and phone number of a factory authorized service agent nearest you.
Grind more types of food waste. Hear less noise.
1. Quick Lock Sink Mount - Allows for easy installation and disposal replacement. Compatible with most three-bolt mounting assemblies.
2. Chamber Capacity - 40 oz. grind chamber allows for large volumes of food waste.
3. MultiGrind Technology - 3 grind stages to break down food waste into smaller particles that are easily washed away.
4. SoundSeal Technology - Advanced-level insulation, vibration-reducing connections and a special Quiet Collar Sink Baffle to block noise from coming up through the sink for ultra-quiet performance.
5. Auto-Reverse Grind System - Automatically allows the disposer to reverse direction when a jam is imminent.
6. Stainless Steel Components - Stainless steel is resistant to corrosion caused by minerals and water exposure that can shorten the life of other disposals.
7. Dura-Drive Motor - 1.0 HP induction motor for powerful, maintenance-free performance.
8. Jam-Sensor Circuit - Automatically increases torque 500% to break through tough jams.
9. Manual Reset Button - In the event of an overload, a convenient button resets the disposal.
|InSinkErator Evolution Compact||InSinkErator Evolution Essential XTR||InSinkErator Evolution Cover Control Plus||InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist||InSinkErator Evolution Excel|
|Horsepower||3/4 HP||3/4 HP||3/4 HP||3/4 HP||1.0 HP|
|MultiGrind||2 Grind Stages||2 Grind Stages||2 Grind Stages||2 Grind Stages||3 Grind Stages|
|Grind Chamber Capacity||34.6 oz.||34.6 oz.||40 oz.||40 oz.||40 oz.|
|Stainless Steel Components||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Designed Specifically to Support Septic Systems||✓|
|Auto-Reverse and Jam-Sensor Circuit||✓|
|'We Come to You' In-Home Limited Warranty||4 Year||6 Year||7 Year||4 Year||7 Year|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I stuffed a whole bag of old oranges one at a time into it as a first test. I couldn't hear it as it is so quiet but could feel each orange being bounced around a bit. Within 15 seconds the disposer consumed each. The other comments about sound are accurate. You really have to listen to hear it running. The sound level does go up a bit if you remove the circular rubber baffle in the drain. Another really great design element of this disposer over the Badger 1 is the rubber baffle is easily removable for cleaning the underside and eventual replacement. It seats securely and is a very safe design. Easy, clear instructions and product mounting dimensions come shipped and are also available in PDF at the InSinkErator website if you want to check dimensions, etc. prior to purchase. It comes with a heavy, double ended allen wrench, a 90 degree and also a long straight discharge tube and a nice polished fixed stopper with rubber gasket. I am extremely satisfied with the entire experience of this product.
It looks like Home Depot is doing the same thing and calling it the Evolution Supreme SS.
To clarify, this is the description of what is missing in the Prestige:
The Jam-Sensor Circuit senses when a jam is imminent and engages, increasing rotational torque 500% while simultaneously pulsing 60 times per second. It also produces a powerful hammering effect that breaks through the toughest jams before you even notice a problem.
I highly recommend the InSinkErator Excel unit for as it quiet and known for being the black hole of home use disposal units. I do not recommend buying the Prestige unit because of the lack of feature at the same price as the Excel.
So with this installation I re-plumbed the whole sink so now there is a good 3/4" slope, and for good measure decided to go with the top-of-the-line model as well. Primarily this was because of the higher horsepower and stainless steel grinding components, but this beauty has many other benefits that make it more than worth the price.
As others have noted, it is quiet. One of the quietest disposals I have ever heard. It is incredibly powerful too. It grinds up and through anything, no problem.
IMO one of the best features on this disposal is not even advertised by InSinkErator, you have to look into the disposal (while running) to even see it: it auto-reverses on every run! This is an excellent feature because if something is not grinding really well or gets "hung up" you just turn the disposal off, wait for it to come to a complete stop, then turn it back on. Each cycle it turns CW, then CCW, the CW, etc. without any input from you, so grinds are always complete and very thorough.
It's only been in 4 months now, so cannot comment on long-term durability, but I expect this one to run a long time.
The one drawback to this garbage disposal is that it has a very substantial rubber collar on it that blocks solid food from going down the drain without assistance. Although this works well for sound suppression, it takes some getting used to that you have to shove the food down the drain into the disposal each time before you run it.
If you are planning to use it with the sink mounted button, note that you will need the power cable accessory to plug it in.
We are running this with a septic system and have had no issues.