Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $8.95 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Home Improvement Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Drops, spills and cracked screens covered from day one for portable products only.
- Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
InSinkErator Garbage Disposal, Badger 1, 1/3 HP Continuous Feed
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- RELIABLE & EASY INSTALL: Badger Series disposers are a reliable & functional choice when affordability is the prime concern, and features a compact, space-saving design that fits existing InSinkErator hardware for a quick and easy install.
- DURABLE COMPONENTS: This garbage disposal features our exclusive 1/3 hp Dura-Drive Induction Motor and long lasting galvanized steel components to ensure a dependable grind for everyday food scraps.
- AMERICA'S #1 DISPOSER BRAND: There are more American-built InSinkErator garbage disposals in US homes than all other brands combined. A full line of models means there's one right for every need and budget.
- FASTER, CLEANER, SMARTER: From meal prep to cleanup, InSinkErator helps make it fast & easy to keep your kitchen clean with our iconic appliances: garbage disposals & instant hot water dispensers.
- A HISTORY OF INNOVATION FOR THE SINK: We invented garbage disposals in 1927, & we're the world’s largest manufacturer of garbage disposals & instant hot water dispensers for home & commercial use.
Specifications for this item
|Body Material||Not Applicable|
|Color||Waterborne Grey Enamel|
|Ean||0672050054526 , 0751109691575 , 0798753210394 , 0050375000419 , 0754262096188 , 0802625837333 , 0802063135923 , 0802063135916 , 0082901479819 , 8853447025349|
|For use with what product?||Not Applicable|
|Global Trade Identification Number||00050375000419|
|Is Assembly Required||false|
|Maximum Flow Rate||30 cubic_feet_per_minute|
|Number of Items||1|
|Part Number||BADGER 1|
|UPC||802063135923 , 050375000419 , 672050054526 , 751109691575 , 798753210394 , 802625837333 , 082901479819 , 802063135916 , 754262096188|
|Warranty Description||Full 1 Year Parts and In-Home Service Warranty|
Buy this product as Renewed and save $15.40 off the current New price.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the manufacturer
Easy Swap Installation
It’s fast and easy to replace one InSinkErator garbage disposal with another thanks to our patented Quick Lock mount. Quick Lock is compatible with all InSinkErator models, from standard to premium Evolution Series models. Simply twist off the old one and twist on the new.
When affordability is on your mind, there’s no better choice than the functional performance of Badger food waste disposals. Reliability begins and ends with the rugged galvanized steel construction and long-lasting dependability of their Dura-Drive induction motors.
Grind for Good
Even the simple things we do make an impact on the environment. Using an InSinkErator disposal diverts food waste from landfills, and several waste water treatment plants can even turn your food into renewable energy and fertilizer!
For over 75 years InSinkErator has been known for building the world's best garbage disposals. Badger, our standard food disposal line, is basic, reliable, and functional. Available in various models and sizes for a range of applications, InSinkErator also manufactures a premier line of garbage disposals, the Evolution Series. InSinkErator garbage disposals are the only food waste disposers that are proudly made in the U.S.A. InSinkErator has grown into the largest food waste disposer manufacturer and best-selling garbage disposer brand in the world. Time Rating - Intermittent
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As it's a direct replacement, I didn't even bother to go through the hassle or removing the old sink flange and having to putty in a new one as the existing one was just fine. It took me about 5 minutes to replace old with new - that's why I didn't bother with a different make. I'm an average Joe who does a few things around the house - mostly accompanied by a lot of cussing - so anything that makes such work quick and simple results in less swearing - which is a good thing right?!
I hope this lasts as long as the last one and I'll be a happy chappie.
Let me explain.
1. One of its features is the 'quick lock' replacement. There is nothing quick about it. Its a 'twist and turn and lock into place' design. By the time you managed to twist and lock, the outlet is out of position. So you actually have to position about 30 degrees out of alignment before the twist and turn process. They should have designed with 3 stationary snap locks...remove the old one, put in the replacement and snapped!
2. No cable cord and organizer included. Why not complete the product?
3. Galvanised steel. Lousy material used inside where the motor is causes corrosion after a while. Water will start leaking into the motor rending the unit unusable. Why couldn't they just have used a better material? Even plastic material would have been better.
Conclusion: Terrible design that is not designed to last. In fact, it is deliberately designed to fail after a while.
Full story: Spent a few months with an inoperable disposal because we figured it was a largely unneeded luxury and that the cost to order a new one and have it professionally installed wasn't worth it. I tend to steer clear of plumbing or electrical repairs around the house, and I'd never actually priced out a new disposal unit, so I'd made a few incorrect assumptions about a) how much they cost and b) how hard they would be to install as a DIY.
Eventually we got tired of cleaning out the debris trap we'd put in the sink drain, so I decided to see how expensive it would be to source our own replacement and then have that installed professionally, figuring I'd save a few bucks. While researching, I stumbled across quite a few DIY how-to write ups and videos, and realized the entire procedure was only slightly more complicated than spinning the old one off and spinning the new one on (at least as long as you were doing a like-for-like replacement and the old mounting hardware was still in good shape).
Long story short, we've got a functional disposal again for a fraction of what we were quoted from a local service shop for purchase and installation.
Our disposal broke last Saturday, same model, and it only broke because we did not notice a silverware inside before turning on. Today (Monday) it arrived. I was able to replace it in less than 30 minutes.
I never replaced a disposal before, in fact I'm not American so this is the first time that I actually saw one close enough.
Easy instructions. Just took the broken one off, replaced the power cable, put the new one in place and done.
Working like a charm.
1. The instructions devote more space to the easy stuff (e.g. knocking out the drain plug) than the tricky, surprising, and eventually exasperating steps. For example, turning it upside down, pulling out the plate (no problem for those two steps), the "pull out the wires." [Fine. Where are they? What wires? How do I reach them? There are no wires apparent in ⅓ HP model. Finally, I pushed my fingers inside and started fishing until I saw a black and white wire. 30 minutes to pull them out, up and over the thin but indestructible plastic cover. Next step says: "Use plastic connectors for the 2 on wires and 2 off wires." A bit of a curve, but I'm not spending 2 more days waiting for Amazon to send the connectors.. So I used electrical tape instead--another 30 minute job thanks to the virtually unbendable wires. But now comes the mystery command: "INSERT CABLE CONNECTOR (Not Included)" I know it's crucial because it's about having the ground that they write a paragraph about. What what is a "cable connector"--a metal device that attaches to a wire or is it the wire itself? Use your imagination is the order of the day. It appears to be the wire itself (Why not call it a "ground wire?" I destroyed a set of audio earphones and stripped the wire). Next the instructions are clear--about only one end--under the green screw, which I happily tightened over the wire. But the other end? All that's clear by now is that somehow you have to leave room for stuffing all this intestinal material back under the plate and uncdf the piece of plastic where you found it. The piece of plastic by now was buried deep, and I knew it should be on top. so I pulled -- and pulled some more, going to stronger pliers. Finally, I got it all back in and screwed the plate back down (using a single screw--nice). But apart from the 1 screw niftly doing the work of 4, the rest of the scenario was missing helpful details. I suspect a poorly designed "set" (to borrow from theater) made it difficult to make the script (description) lucid for a the beginner.
2. Now comes the hardest part of all. Lifting the disposal (twice as heavy as the ½ power Waste King) in the left hand while "locking" it in place with the right. I tried again and again. I read one reviewer's solution: use a car jack to get it close enough to make the coupling. I don't have a feasible jack, but I found boxes, mixed sizes, cut them down, etc. I couldn't accomplish jack squat. I went to gloves. Then I realized part of the problem was an iability to see the other side of the ring. No I didn't go for a mirror or a camera but I tried the next best thing: a squirt on all the surfaces with trusty and proven WD40. Then I finally got it--the ring fit--but no time for celebration. The whole assembly squirted from the top ring and feel to the bottom of the under-sink.
This should not, and certainly need not, be this hard. I thought about calling a neighbor, but I know he's never done this. Moreover, how many arms and hands can you fit in a tight sink space?
I know that it's worked for others--who, having accomplished the installation, are hardly shy about bragging about it--at least just a little. But think about those who are too ashamed to admit failure. Computers and software are even worse (ever stayed up all night trying to program a keyboard for the next day's gig?). But I was hoping to get lucky with a brand like Insinkerator, which has been around longer than computers--in fact, a lot longer than America's most highly capitalized company, Apple Computer.
Maybe it's time to make a few adjustments for the sake of today's digitally stressed-out consumer. Call him a dummy, made soft by the IOT (internet of things--the stuff Alexa tends to). Whatever the cause, the cure doesn't seem out of reach.
Top international reviews
The price was much lower than the big box home improvement stores, and it was delivered free to my home.
Amazon is amazing!