Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on December 27, 2013
I purchased this little car for my almost 3 year old for Christmas. It is beautiful and we were so excited. She can barely move it, which didn't concern me since she is young and not good at pedaling yet. However, when my very athletic 4 year old son got it to drive it, and could barely move it I knew it was no good, and she would never be able to drive it if he couldn't. It's extremely heavy, and the pedals do not rotate much so there is just not enough force to move it. At one point he managed to get going but when he slowed down to steer it was a struggle to get going again. Maybe if kids got used to it they would enjoy it, but I know my daughter, who is not athletic, will not be able to handle it. The reviews are outstanding on this item, which was the ultimate reason we decided to get it. Other people obviously had a much better experience. That all being said, Amazon is, so far, standing by their product. I called and they are sending a UPS truck to pick up the item and they gave me an instant credit for the item, as long as we follow through on returning it. I was assured that the cost to return will not be my responsibility and I even was told they will credit me for the cost of a huge box to ship it back. As long as all this remains true, I am once again pleased with amazon. It's situations like this that make me shop with them. So to sum up, disappointed with this car very much, but thankful that Amazon will make it right.
3 people found this helpful
on January 1, 2015
PURCHASED THIS AS A CHRISTMAS GIFT FOR OUR GRANDDAUGHTERS. WHEN I WAS A CHILD MY PARENTS PURCHASED A GREEN PEDAL CAR FOR ME AND I WANTED MY GRANDDAUTHERS TO HAVE ONE ALSO. MY HUSBAND PUT IT TOGETHER ON CHRISTMAS EVE WITH VERY LITTLE DIFFICULTY. WHEN IT WAS FINISHED IT LOOKED GREAT! THE CHOICE OF DECALS THAT YOU CAN PUT ON WERE A VERY GOOD SELECTION, WE WENT WITH THE POODLES, RECORDS AND MUSIC NOTES, OH YES, AND THE LITTLE DICE DECALS LOOK GREAT ON THE WINDSHIELD! OUR GRANDDAUGHTERS LOVED IT. I WOULD PURCHASE THIS CAR AGAIN IT WAS WORTH THE MONEY WE SPENT AND IT IS REALLY CUTE! I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PURCHASE FOR ANYONE LOOKING FOR A PEDAL CAR!!!!!!!
3 people found this helpful
on December 4, 2013
I purchased this car for my 4.5 year old niece as a Christmas gift. This is the first year she's really understood what Christmas is and this is the ONLY thing she's asking Santa for. She knows she wants a pink car, and not a Barbie car... a pink car she can drive in. After seeing her little face get teary eyed when I told her she was too little for a big car, I just knew I had to find her one! I think the price is very reasonable ($119), and it arrived less than 2 days after I ordered it. I won't be putting it together until closer to Christmas time, but I trusted the reviews of the people who said they were happy with their purchases. I know it will be worth it to see her face on Christmas morning when she sees her pink car sitting in the driveway :).
2 people found this helpful
on March 19, 2018
Bought this before Christmas and due to weather just got around to putting it together in March. Looked great until i noticed the rubber had split off one of the wheels, tried calling the company and got lost in phone hell.......these are made in China and imported by "Instep" and obviously not prechecked before sending out. I ordered a replacement tire through another company and hope to have my Granddaughter driving soon.
review image
on November 17, 2016
Great, classic, pedal car. Perfect for a little girl, of course. Our daughter loves it but at 3 yo, and about 34" tall she still finds it hard to reach pedals at closest setting. Well built, solid construction.
on August 7, 2015
Talk about a toy bringing back memories! One of my first memories is pedaling a version of this around my driveway back in the ...well, a while ago! I ordered this to have at my house when grandkids come. It arrived quickly and was well packaged. The directions were clear and easy to follow. It took me about 45 minutes to assemble, and I was not in any rush doing it.

The quality of the toy is very impressive. Parts fit well, wheels turn well, it is a heavy, sturdy toy. I can't wait to see my grandkids playing with it!
on October 30, 2016
I buy this for every little girl born to our friends. Would be great to offer all put together.would pay more!
on March 16, 2011
We bought this for our 2 year old Granddaughter. She loves it. I am so impressed with the quality of the product and the decals. This is a flash back to the retro cars we played with in the 1960's. I have to admit I was shocked by the quality. For the money, I was not expecting this car to be so well built. It was easy to put together. I highly recommend this car!
8 people found this helpful
on October 5, 2014
This car is absolutely adorable. That being said it is quite difficult to pedal...it's not impossible, but even when they get it going it's not fast enough to be fun. Our daughters are ages three and five, but neither one of them care to use this car. I love the idea of the kids powering their own car, but in hind sight I should have paid twice as much and bought an electric one. All this car does is sit in our driveway looking pretty. ;)
on July 4, 2010
Bought this for my granddaughters 4th birthday and she fell in love with it, although she can't quite get the pedaling down right yet -- "practice, practice, practice", I tell her, but patience isn't her best trait, so her older sister pushes her around in it. "Faster!, Faster!"

My son put this together so I can't say too much about the assembly. No cuss words. That's a good sign. Took him about an hour and he did refer to the instructions. A lot. That's a first. I'd guess if you are good with a screwdriver and wrench - and reading instructions - it should be fairly simple. It was packed well, with nothing missing. The decals need to be individually cut out, which was somewhat of a pain - it comes with two pages of letters, dice, checkered chevrons, records -- very 50's. Some are quite close together, so use your small scissors. The backing peels off - long fingernails help. Very cute once on.

This is a sturdy little toy, solid, heavy and very reminiscent of one I remember in MY grandma's house in the 50's. It is made of metal with hard rubber wheels. The pedaling mechanism is a bit difficult to work, but it adjusts fairly easily for height, and my granddaughter "really really" wanted a working horn. I taught her to yell "Beep-Beep - awww-OOOH-gah" and that works just as well.

This little car fits the four year old perfectly. Might be a bit small for a 6-7 year old, and too difficult to pedal for a child under 3. By the time the 4 year old outgrows it, her little sister will be big enough to use it -- and, unless she leaves it out in the rain or behind a car, it should still be working then.

So, if you want an old-fashioned, retro, self-propelled pink car for your little princess -- this is perfect. And -- it is an adorable accent piece, too!

~~Indulgent Grandma
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.