Truck Season Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on May 31, 2012
Just purchased this stroller. I've been dying for a jogger ever since I had my first, and now that we have 2, I finally got one! I purchased this stroller because I didn't want to have to buy 2 double strollers: a normal tandem one for shopping and narrow areas, and a side-by-side jogger. Unless you're willing to pay upwards of $450, tandem joggers just don't seem to be an option, except for this one. So, for the price, and ease of not having to play musical strollers or having to find a place to store the extra (we live in Texas, the garage isn't an option due to the creepy crawlers), this is beyond great!

Here are my lists of pros and cons:

Pros:
- Very tall handle-bar: I am 5'11" and my husband is 5'7". It works well for both of us, but especially for me.
- The child sitting in back cannot reach down into the cargo area, such as I've seen with other tandem strollers, causing headaches for the mothers.
- It fits my Chicco Keyfit-22 car seat with room for my rather tall 20-month-old in the front seat. Note for owners of the Chicco Keyfit-30: I don't believe it would fit the Keyfit-30 very well with a toddler in the front seat. The Keyfit-30 sticks out much further, and your toddler would likely be hitting their head on the back of the car seat.
- When attaching a car seat, it has an adapter bar as well as a strap, which holds the seat securely.
- It has a very smooth ride.
- The parent tray has 2 cup-holders + a covered compartment in the middle.

Cons:
- There is no handbrake. However, it comes with a wrist strap, so the stroller doesn't get away from you while jogging.
- It is rather heavy. I'll have to get used to hoisting it into the SUV, but I need an arm workout anyway! LOL (Note: I've never owned any other double strollers, so it may actually be light for a double, but I'm just used to my single. I really don't know. You'll have to judge for yourself.)
- The child tray is kind of rickety, and when folded, it sticks off the front of the stroller quite far. We just figured we'll leave it off most of the time, if we're going to be taking it in and out of the car frequently.
- When folded, the back wheels make it kind of bulky. However, they are super-easy to remove. So if you have limited space, you can simply take them off and lay them flat.

I hope the info helps!
189 people found this helpful
|55 comments|Report abuse
on October 23, 2013
I have been a private in-home Nanny for 15 years. I have worked with all kinds of products. I am very particular about having things that will make my job easier and fun, functional and practical.

I read all of the 36 reviews as of October 2013 and I decided to purchase this stroller regardless of the cons that were stated. I trust that everyone has their reasons, yet it is not fair to the product itself. There are many choices of strollers but the particular one that is needed will not be couture, otherwise you wouldn't be shopping on Amazon for a good deal.

Assuming you are on a budget, and don't want to spend $300,this is a great deal and NOT a sacrifice to one's basic transporting needs. This stroller is very practical, comfie for the average infant and toddler (not same age children). I purchased this for using with my family daycare business. I've pushed many different brands from $100 to $1000 and I have no beef with this stroller. Could it be a little lighter like hybrid aluminum bike, perhaps but I appreciate the sturdiness of the frame. The turn radius is excellent and all components function well. The hoods are fine for the children I have currently (9mos and 2yrs). The back seat rider does not have a tray but SO WHAT, the parent tray has two cup holders!

I love my new stroller and I just returned from a 6 mile walk... so I have broken it in and have an honest opinion!!!

To address the cons:
-Is the stroller heavy: a bit, but so is the B.o.B, Baby Trend and other doubles (wide)
-Is it bulky: if it were a single stroller, it would be. For goodness sake, it is a DOUBLE TANDEM, its' not like the Phil& Ted though, it fits in my(Hyundai Sonata)trunk.
-Does the front tray sit high: NO, I installed it at the lowest portion of the frame and it's perfect!!
-Is the tray in the way when folded: NO, lay the stroller on its flattest side (duh!)
-Is this suitable for twins: LOOKING AT THE PRODUCT PHOTO/DIMENSIONS SHOULD TELL YOU NO!
(This is suitable for children that are different ages with the smaller in the front.
-Rims and Fabric ARE NOT cheap or junky. I've had metal spokes before and thicker fabrics BUT my excursions aren't in the wild LOL
-Is this a smooth ride: YES!! I inflated the tires during assembly and it rides like a breeze. It turns well, keeps a good balance but I do advise caution on uneven grounds such as sidewalks with hard leans to the left or right, as ANY occupied stroller can tip over.
Inside stroller: who the heck...? Anyway, I'm in a 900sq ft apt and I bring it in after each use.

I DO RECOMMEND THIS STROLLER...FOR THE NON-ANAL, SIMPLISTIC AND AVERAGE BUDGET HOUSEHOLD.
92 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on April 20, 2014
I read almost all of the reviews on this and really wanted a tandem double that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. This is the best one out there considering the cost and what works for a baby and toddler. We have been using this stroller for a few months. It arrived on time and was very easy to assemble. The tires are flat when you get it so make sure you have a pump. After the first use one of the back tires inner tube popped. I went and got similar tubes at a local bike shop for six dollars. Problem solved. It is pretty easy to collapse we have a truck so it easily fits inside
2 people found this helpful
on April 11, 2014
I chose this stroller because it was affordable and I was looking for a front-back tandem that could accomodate a 2.5 year old and a carseat. I purchased it in the winter and didn't take it out of the box until the snow had melted...too late for any returns. The canopy for the front rider came broken. The plastic piece to attach it on one side was broken off and I found it in a separate bag with one of the tires. The cup holder for the front rider is SO flimsy that when I swing it out of the way to put him in, I fear it will snap off. Also, the adapter for the carseat doesn't fit my infant carrier safely. I have a baby trend brand carseat and it won't snap onto the bar, it just rests there, plus the red tabs that swing in to support it on the opposite end barely reach. Also, when the carseat is in place, I have to leave the handle in the upright position. If I tilt it down, it hits my two year old in the head. This stroller is huge and heavy, which I expected, so I'm okay with that. It rolls nicely on flat straight roads but is very hard to maneuver under any other conditions. All in all, I'm stuck with it now, but I wish I would have searched harder and spent more to get something safer.
One person found this helpful
on October 13, 2013
I love this stroller. my 2 year old sits on bottom and my 4 month old on top. the top seat reclines so she can lay down in it. It is heavy of course but its built well for 2 kids so I expected it to be heavy. dont buy it if you cant lift heavy things cause getting it in the car is tough. I dont have anyproblem sliding Iit out of the car. its just hard to put in since it is heavy and still bulky even when folded but its a great stroller. I love it.
One person found this helpful
on June 21, 2014
Great price, Works great! As mentioned by others only downfall is the shade covers aren't big enough (my kids don't use them) and it is way to big to fit in my car (its a double stroller so I didn't think it would fit) Only thing I'm actually a little unhappy with it that the back support on the back seat when in the seated potion is not that strong do to its function for it to go in the laying down position. Honestly I haven't fiddled around with it all that much though... because my second isn't born yet. All and all it was an amazing buy for an amazing price:) Thank you.
on May 17, 2014
Its a nice looking stroller and it folds easily are the only pros. The screws to assemble the foot plate were too small and I had to buy screws that fit to put it together. It tips very easy if you have a child in the front, kids like to move so balance is important. You need to air up the tires and they dont hold air very long, after about 6 months the front tire would not hold air at all and had to fill with fix a flat( it had no holes). I would not recommend this product. If you buy a double make sure it has 4 solid wheels.
on November 30, 2015
Loved this for the first few months, but it hasn't held up well past a year. Stains easily, hard to clean. Top heavy and veers off to the side. Definitely not good for any time of jogging/running. I do like the tandem (front and back) rather than the wide side-by-side strollers. This one is just not that great.
on February 7, 2014
This thing is great for taking the kids and dog for a walk. much easier than a side by side double jogger. Turns well. If you are interested in purchasing this for your every day In-and-out errands with your kids, I urge you to reconsider. It is quite bulky when folded. Somewhat heavy and strange to lift into the trunk (might not be such a big deal if it actually locked closed.) Anywho, it workjs great for what I purchased it for-walks in the neighborhood or nature trail; its also great at festivals and fairs.
on August 14, 2013
I was looking for a double stroller for my newborn and 16 month old so that we can go for walks on the trails in the woods near our house. This stroller works perfect.
I have a graco car seat that fits well with the adapter, however I can't figure out how that safety strap is really supposed to work, but I tied it off so its secure. With the car seat in, my 16 month old fits fine, but I could see a taller / older child being cramped.
There was concern about the height of the handle bar because of other reviews but I am 5'3" and the height is fine, below shoulder height and generally comfortable.
I don't foresee ever trying to bring this thing shopping, it's a beast to lift but good to push. Stairs are do-able, going up is a bit awkward because its heavy, and after being out and getting sweaty the handle bar grip gets slippery.
One bad thing is that the toddler in the front typically drops his toys and there's no netting or compartment to catch the stuff. And it's hard to talk to the front passenger because they are obstructed by that car seat and seemingly far away - but if you're on a quiet trail it's better.
7 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.