|Item model number||KT4004|
|Item Weight||1.76 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||4.7 x 2.6 x 0.7 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||4.72 x 2.56 x 0.71 inches|
|Color||4 Ports for Mac Pro|
4-Year PC Peripheral Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Inateck 4 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Express Card for Mac Pro (Early 2008 to 2012 Late Version) KT4004
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Expansion of 4 ports USB 3.0 connections; No additional power supply for normal recognition and operation needed anymore, fast and easy installation, keeps your Mac Pro case tidy
- Compatible System: Mac OS 10.8.2 to Mac OS 10.9.5. It is applicable to MAC Pro(Early 2008 to 2012 Late Version); Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10(32/64-bit). Incompatible with Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or Above
- With easy installation, simple solution for your Mac Pro. Enjoy copying videos, music, photos, data files between USB devices and the computer at blazing fast speeds
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 supports transfer rates of up to 5Gbps - The actual transmission speed is limited by the setting of the device connected
- Package: 1x USB3.0 PCI-E Expansion Card; 1x CD Driver; 1x User's Manual
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Due to frequently updated drivers, please download the latest version on our official website Inateck to enhance your using experience Features- No additional power supply for normal recognition and operation needed anymore, optimized board plane architecture, fast and easy installation, keeps your Mac Pro case tidy- With quick and easy installation, this PCI Express card expands your Mac Pro by four high-speed USB3.0 interfaces, offers a simple solution for connecting to USB 3.0 devices from your Mac Pro- Support UASP: 70% Faster than traditional USB 3.0 with UASP. The UASP Transfer Protocol only can accelerate read and write speed of SSD hard disk. Supported Operating Systems The Expansion card is applicable to the MAC Pro ( 2008 to 2012 Version) - Incompatible with Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or aboveMac OS 10.8.2 - 10.9.5 & Windows 8 - No additional drivers are needed for Mac Pro/Win8, it has built-in support for the FL1100 chipset Windows XP and Windows 7 (with included drivers)Power Usage Alerts-For stable operation, do not connect it to more than two high power-consuming devices, such as 1 TB hard drive.-For Mac OS users, the devices on the PCI-E card will disconnect if the computer goes into sleep.-This USB 3.0 express card is not meant to serve as a stand-alone charger. If the card doesn't work properly from the start, you may try out the following steps Step 1: de- and reattach the devices to bee recognized, so the system can try another recognition search. Step 2: Augment with the optional power supply, so an automatic search can be retried. Step 3: Check the PCI-E socket on the main board for possible faults. Step 4: Try out another Mac Pro, if available, to determine the card's general functionality.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So why only four stars? Because in spite of massive statements to the contrary Inateck STILL says the card doesn't work with Yosemite (OSX 10.10) or El Capitan (OSX 10.11). Get it, install it, use it, it's great - you'll love it.
It works! It works! I would not hesitate to buy one again. In fact I just might - I have another MacPro that I'm building up. WooHoo! USB 3.0!
As with my other PCI cards, I had to reset PRAM (command-option-P-R at startup) before the card was recognized. No compatibility issues with hardware or software thus far. Everything works fine, only faster. My Dycom USB 3 hub, Transcend USB 3 flash drive, Lexar USB 3 card reader and Seagate Backups USB 3 basically burned rubber compared to USB 2. As other posters have indicated, USB3 drivers are not written in Mac Pro ROM so USB devices attached to this card will not be recognized until the system loads (so don't connect a startup drive or keyboard).
I plan to install Yosemite on a separate partition but noticed a new product disclaimer: "incompatible with Yosemite." This disclaimer wasn't there a month ago so either issues arose after Yosemite or Inateck hasn't tested this card under OS 10.10 and are protecting itself from liability. Several reviewers indicate the Inateck worked fine under Yosemite. When I get around to installing Yosemite I'll come back and amend this review.
All in all a great USB 3 card for barely more than a Jackson. Fairly simple install and no extra power cord or special drivers needed. But if you're running Yosemite, you might want to hold off on purchasing until official Yosemite compatibility is announced or more Yosemite users write reviews.
I have a 2009 Mac Pro that I flashed to the 5.1 firmware with the following upgrades:
W3680 6 core 3.33ghz cpu
24GB DDR3 Ram
PCI-E Wifi Card
2X SSD in Optical Bay
4x HD in HD Tray
This USB3 Card
My system currently runs High Sierra. I popped the USB card and the card was recognized on start. I did not have to install additional drivers.
My system also has Win7 on a bootcamp partition. I tried to let windows find the drivers but it took forever but didn't seem to actually do anything so I went to the vendors website and downloaded and install the drivers manually.
Overall I'm fairly happy with this add on card. Works like expected and adds modern features to a dated machine.
Most recent customer reviews
This is not working for mine.Read more