- Hardcover: 256 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (October 19, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470499311
- ISBN-13: 978-0470499313
- Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 0.9 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 15.5 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (206 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #442,548 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
See the Best Books of 2017 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
"If you've been looking for a trustworthy primer on getting found online, here's a great place to start. Buy one for your clueless colleague too."—Seth Godin, author of Meatball Sundae
"If you have more money than brains, you should focus on outbound marketing. If you have more brains than money, you should focus on inbound marketing by reading this book."—Guy Kawasaki, cofounder of Alltop, and author of Reality Check
From the Back Cover
To connect with today's buyer, you need to stop pushing your message out and start pulling your customers in. The rules of marketing have changed and the key to winning is to use this change to your advantage.
If you've wondered how to get found in Google or why blogs and social media sites like Facebook and Twitter are important, Inbound Marketing is the book for you. HubSpot founders Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah give you the tools and strategies you need to improve your Google search rankings; build a blog to promote your business; grow and nurture a community on social media sites; and analyze which of your online marketing efforts are working.
Stop wasting money blasting the world with marketing messages that nobody cares about. Instead, learn to get found with Inbound Marketing.
"If you've been looking for a trustworthy primer on getting found online, here's a great place to start. Buy one for your clueless colleague too." --Seth Godin, author of Meatball Sundae
"If you have more money than brains, you should focus on outbound marketing. If you have more brains than money, you should focus on inbound marketing by reading this book." --Guy Kawasaki, cofounder of Alltop, and author of Reality Check
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
It teaches you how to utilize the following online tools to achieve this purpose:
1. Google - with VERY basic principles on SEO (Search Engine Optimization). You will need to get other books written specifically on SEO.
2. Company Website. It introduces website best practices such as how to use landing page, including a call-to-action (details see below) in EVERY page of your website.
3. Social Networking and Bookmarking Sites e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Digg, StumbleUpon, Youtube. It teaches you what you should do with your sites e.g. Search for groups relevant to your industry and estabish a group of your own, make sure your group is more focused and is more relevant to your business (e.g. create an "inbound marketing group" instead of "online marketing group"). I particularly like the part on how to use StumbleUpon to attract audience (Spend time reading and voting articles, befriend with people who post articles that intrigue you, and slowly, ONLY AFTER you have done all those steps, you can submit your own articles)
4. The best part of the book is what I would call "Funnel Management" - how to turn website visitors to engaged visitors (leads) and then to customers. For visitors to become leads, you need to engage them with call-to-action offers e.g. "GET A FREE TRIAL!", the whole purpose of these call-to-action offers is to get visitors to fill out a form so that you can get building a CRM database.
5. Tracking your "online footprint" using tools like [...]. The most important thing is to track the source of your visitors of your website and measure how many of them finally become your customer. This is important since it helps you decide how to allocate your marketing budget.
All in all, this is THE BOOK for beginners of online + non-interruptive marketing. Since this is meant for beginners, it tries to touch on EVERY ASPECT of inbound marketing and to give you a BRIEF OVERVIEW on how to can use the tools to boost your company's populatiry. To enrich understanding on the topic, I suggest you read:
1. Satisfied Customers Tell Three Friends, Angry Customers Tell 3,000: Running a Business in Today's Consumer-Driven World(some overlapping is inevitable, but this book focuses on how to improve business by tracking what is said about your company, using different online tools)
2. Get Content Get Customers: Turn Prospects into Buyers with Content Marketing Inbound marketing starts with creating remarkable content. This book tells you what makes remarkable content.
3. A MUST-READ marketing book on non-interruptive marketing (though not specifically on online marketing): The Next Evolution of Marketing: Connect with Your Customers by Marketing with Meaning
Will post reviews on the above three books soon.