Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 57 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 67 reviews
on June 6, 2016
After 3 months with this sleeve/stand:

Pros:
- Until SOMEONE on this planet makes a case that seamlessly integrates an apple wireless keyboard with an Ipad, this will have to do. There is about an inch of space between the table surface and the bottom edge of the ipad that's held in place by the stand. An apple wireless keyboard fits perfectly in that spot without covering the screen.
- It's durable and feels like my ipad 3 is well protected.
- When configured into a stand, it's quite stable. The plastic slots that hold the Ipad in place are durable and show no signs of wear after daily use.

Cons:
- The angle is not adjustable. It rests at 45 degrees. 75 would be ideal for me. I keep stuffing things between the ipad and the stand to prop it up for a comfortable viewing angle.

Although not a fault of the designer, who never claims it will integrate a keyboard while traveling, I wish it would.
on March 24, 2012
I was looking for some kind of sleeve to carry my new iPad wile on my leather Carrier business bag. Happily I found incase Origami.

In was used to the protection and portability of another incase Sleeve for my 17" MacBook Pro and loved it. I was looking for something similar for my iPad. Searched Amazon for a something that had the same features and that is where I found this wonderful product.

There are some misleading reviews here on Amazon that claims that Origami functionality is hindered by the sleeve closing design. Almost all of those reviews where based on the use with the original iPad, since I only have a 2nd and 3rd generation iPad, I can't tell if those are true or not. But closure is just perfect for the iPads I own.
The Design is marvelous and cleaver. The sleeve functions as a cover and a stand at the same time. When used as a stand the viewing angle is just perfect, better than the Apple Smart Cover. When used as a cover it fits nicely with the New iPad (3rd Generation) even with the Smart Cover on.

At first closing of the sleeve is a little tight, but IT SHOULD BE LIKE THAT since after a few days the closure gets a little relaxed. If used with iPad sans Smart Cover it's pretty easy to close since first use.

At the end, If you have an iPad 3rd or 2nd generation, this is a must have product for you!!!
on May 9, 2014
In wanting the best of many worlds : Functions as a stand - protects well - but minimize weight - easy to take iPad out and handle bare.. this pro ducted seemed promising but still is lacking in ease of use.

Great Material : This company seems to use great material. The finish and stitch etc are all great.
Good Weight : I specifically wanted a sleeve style to be lighter. The weight is fine but not excellent.
Great Protection : Protects well. There is padding than i anticipated and the inside is lined with very soft, fur like material.
Good and Bad Design as a sleeve - I liked that it has a firmer back / supports the stand function and has padded feeling fabric in the front. I like the soft material on the inside, but the area that it fails is that it's difficult to get the entire iPad in. You have to exert a lot of force to pull on the upper lip to come across the top. in both pulling it out and putting it back in, it could potentially take a while. I often op to put the iPad in leaving the top part partially exposed.

Design as a stand | The concept of having the sleeve become a stand is great. The stand feels sturdy once set up. But again, the stand forms by folding the corners in and using a small bungee loop to anchor on a small peg. It works but it's not easy to get the small loop around. It can take a while and leaving you feeling like you had to exert too much energy.

If you are on the move a lot and frequently take it out and put it back to move, this will be frustrating. I'm ok with it because I take it out and put it on the stand once i get to the office and i put it away to take home at the end of the day.
on November 26, 2012
This sleeve is great.
The padding is similar to the ones found on backpacks (good ol' foam) so it does protect the table, just don't drop it down the stars.
Inside it's covered with soft, wooly cloth that helps the iPad stay clean. It gets pretty thigh with the iPad inside, so you can't use it with a Smart Cover.
The "origami" stand function is tricky to use the first times, but then it becomes natural. The tablet stands in a plastic stand (so it won't fall) and it does get slightly bended with use. I find the angle the stand offers just perfect, it is like 45 degrees give or take, and I find it better than the one offered by a Smart Case.
The sleeve itself becomes bended with use, though is doesn't affect usage. The design may be a little bland, but it is a necessary sacrifice for the stand function.
It is cheaper than a Smart Cover, protects better, and has a better stand angle. Take your pick.
on April 21, 2011
I'm one of those people who likes using their products "naked" as nature intended, but periodically, I need protection transporting my Ipad from place to place and occasionally outside the house. This case beautifully and innovatively serves the purpose, and doubles as a nice viewing stand which catches the eye of many passerby. I have had many people ask about the product.

Now one caveat as others have noted. The fact that the opening is about 1/4 of the way down is a bit of annoyance. It doesn't matter for me that much as I typlcally only use it for moving short distances. Nonetheless, it is not as difficult as some have claimed. It is a bit of a nuisance? Yes. Does it take a little manuevering? yes. Is it a tight fit? Yes. Have I injured myself trying to get it in there? No. Good things come if you work for it. You just have to have a bit of patience and not expect things to be handed to you. Also, after a few times the top flap begins to loosen up and the process becomes much easier.

(PS Don't take all the reviews you read too literally. See my Cole Haan Kindle case review. Everyone was saying that it didn't properly fit the Kindle 2 but I purchased it anyway and found that it did and posted a response which helped a lot of people out).
on November 29, 2013
Exactly what I was hoping it would be. Protects my iPad as a basic slip case, but could also be used for any tablet around that size too. Folds easily into a useful stand. Took me a little while to find the little loop that hooks to a catch on the other side to hold the stand together - it's stitched into the inside of the case, so it takes a little digging to get it out. The inside of the sleeve is lined with a "furry" material, soft enough not to damage anything being slid inside. The outside is a more neoprene-like material, but not as stretchy. One side has stiffeners for the stand function, and the other side is more like a regular neoprene slip case. This makes it a little hard to completely enclose the iPad with the top portion of the "slit", since the material doesn't give much. It can be done, and will probably loosen over time. However, I normally just slide the iPad into the larger "lower" section and go.
on June 17, 2015
This is my second one, the first one I have I left in a tour bus when on vacation, didnt realize I didnt have it with me when I left the bus. It was a gift from a friend. I like it very much that I went looking for it, I found it in Amazon and didnt have second thoughts of buying it. I use it as a sleeve for my iPad Air2 which already have a smart cover and even with the smart cover my iPad fits very well into the sleeve and serves as an added protection when I carry my iPad around when not using a bag.
on October 22, 2012
This case performs as expected. It's a soft case that will protect your iPad. I have the iPad 3 and personally believe it fits better by itself without the Smart Cover although it will fit with the Smart Cover. I don't use it as a stand and I would prefer an Incase neoprene design without the stand feature since I feel like the stand (plastic parts) will eventually wear through the soft case interior.. Maybe it won't though. Overall I am pleased with this case because I can easily slide my iPad in with out any conflicts, I'm particularly happy this is a nice alternative to the Incase neoprene case with a zipper.. I always felt the zipper could scratch the sides on my iPad. Not an issue with this case. I recommend it.
on October 30, 2012
Wow. I bought this for $23 and thought I was getting a good deal. $12 (on Oct 30th, 2012) is a steal.

I'm not looking to keep my iPad in a case 100% of the time. I wanted a case for traveling, throwing my iPad in a backpack and biking across europe with. It delivered.

Pros:
Despite plenty of impacts to the case, my iPad has been unharmed.
I have no trouble getting it in and out.
The stand works great for watching videos.
Most importantly it feels quality, and that gives me peace of mind.

Cons:
On occasion, when my backpack got wet, the case would get wet and the iPad might even get a bit damp. So it's not waterproof or even close. Keep that in mind.
on January 22, 2014
This is the best iPad pouch you can get. It's a little tricky to get the iPad in, but once you get the hang of it, it's really not that bad. This is great because not only will it keep your iPad safe, it will also double as a stand you can set your iPad on. I take this to class with me and it makes it a lot easier to follow along. I cracked up two plastic iPad back covers before I broke down and bought this. My only regret is not buying it sooner. If you're looking for a hard plastic back to your iPad, I'd also recommend looking at the Incase magnetic case. It holds the smart cover in place and is an excellent compliment to this product.