Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Incendiary (The Premonition Series Book 4)
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on December 7, 2012
I love this series. I rarely re-read books, but I re-read each book in this series as new ones come out. I downloaded volume 4 to my Kindle last night and ended reading all night long. I am suffering some serious sleep deprivation now, but it was so totally worth it! I love all the characters and can't wait to see where the author takes them next. The writing style lends itself well to seeing the story play out in my "theatre of the mind;" I easily get swept up in the fast-paced action and vividly see the story in my head as if I were there alongside the characters. I am still not sure where the author is heading with this story, but the theme of redemption speaks to the soul, and I hope that a pathway is paved in this story for all the characters to be redeemed should they choose love. I am eagerly awaiting volume 5 and will now resume stalking Amy Bartol's website for updates on the next book!
on December 5, 2012
no matter what type of books you normally read, you would love this series. From the first page of Inescapable (volume 1) to the last page of the new Incendiary (volume 4)the story keeps you excited to read the next page. I think that these stories may have been written for teens, much like the Twilight series, but I am way over that age and I couldn't wait for Incendiary to come out. The characters are well developed and the story line is not only well thought out paranormal but has an element of romance. Evie is a wonderful character and you will grow to care about her from the first page of the first book. The angel family that she creates for herself by necessity are all interesting and believable as well. The world that Amy Bartol envisions is hard to describe, and it's very hard to describe this series and infuse the excitement I feel when I find a talented new author to read...you just have to try the first book (Inescapable) and you'll be hooked!!
on January 1, 2013
I really think that Amy Bartol either was pressured to produce a fourth book too fast or she's just dragging out the story line for the money. NOTHING gets resolved in this book. There is a lot of action which kept me reading and I loved that they have brought in Anya and her father. However, Xavier? Really? She needed another love drunk testosterone muscle man infatuated with her? I wish there had been more character development with Evie (I mean really, what is it about her that gets all these men willing to die for her?). In this book she seems to be more emotionally unstable than the 3 previous books. There should be some emotional growth and wisdom gained from every thing she's been through. Plus, enough with the "aspire" stuff - I didn't count but I'm pretty sure Evie throws that word out a million times. Although disappointed in this book I will probably read book 5. I love Brennus' character and am hoping for some closure and a story line that evolves instead of going around in circles.
on November 28, 2012
I cant wait for the kindle version to release on December 7th. I would recommend this series to all readers young and old. Its breathtaking and keeps you wanting more and more and more.....So glad its finally here!
on July 5, 2013
Okay, so I've now read up through book four of this series. There's a lot I like, for example the types of angels and their descriptions is very colorful and fun. Also, I enjoy the friends (ie. supporting cast,) I mean these are some cool friends. Then there's the complex relationship between the Heroine and her soul mate which was driving me crazy in a bad way up until this fourth book. However,... the more I read the more I don't like the heroine, she is constantly doing selfish things that endanger herself - despite what anyone tells her. She seems more like a defiant child than an adult woman. Also, she forgets to eat all the time. She doesn't go to breakfast because she's busy having sex after having had sex all night? After having sex all night I'd be ready for some breakfast, but maybe that's just me. Her boyfriend also is constantly coming between her and food, like they were on their way to dinner and then he rips her clothes off and so on and so forth. I get that they're horney - cool, who doesn't like an active sex life, but let the poor selfish girl eat for crying out loud.
on December 8, 2012
Be prepared to not sleep to finish this book. IT MUST BE READ IN ORDER. There is no other way to have the connection with the characters. Theses books are amazing. I wont be surprised when the world falls in love and this series becomes the new big thing. IT beats twilight like it was no competition at all. I cant wait for the next book
VINE VOICEon December 8, 2012
This book does the near impossible. Amy Bartol created a novel that captures everything I LOVE in a book - entertaining characters, grab-onto-your-soul plot lines, addicting-like-crack sub plot lines, humor, hipness, and creativity like you wouldn't believe. Normally I would give a little summary of the book, but I can't because from the very beginning it had plot twists that keep on building.The summary would ruin the whole spectacular ending. Another thing I truly appreciate is that there is a growing trend to end novels on a cliff hanger. I abhor cliff hangers with a passion, and I am VERY glad to say that even though I can tell there will be another book (thank goodness), I love how the book ended. If you noticed, I have love in his review a lot. It mainly is because I do LOVE this book. I read over 100 books a year and I can happily say that this book is easily in my top 5. Thank you thank you thank you for writing a spectacular book and letting us fall in love with both the heroes and villains. Great job!
on January 31, 2013
I really liked this series in the beginning because avenging angels were an exciting new twist to the fantasy genre, but found it hard to even finish this book. I wish the author would stop continually adding new guys into Evie's life. Reed is too amazing to be toyed with and the love quadrangle (or whatever it is now) is just getting a bit tiresome. I also missed Buns, Brownie, and Zephyr because their roles are becoming smaller and smaller as the books go, making room for more characters that I do not enjoy as much. Overall, the series' best times were the first couple of books.
on May 4, 2015
Incendiary is the fourth book in the Premonition Series by Amy A. Bartol. It is YA urban fantasy/paranormal book told from Evie, Russell, and Reed’s POV. Books must be read in order to understand the plot.

If you are familiar with Mrs. Bartol’s books, you know how her books are much more than words on a page. You know that they are poetry, written with a detail that is like no other author out there. They take you to an imaginary world so rich, you forget where you are. They become your friends and live within side of you.

Incendiary picks up shortly after Indebted ends. Evie, Reed, Zee, Buns, Russell, and Brownie are regrouping on a tropical island in the South Pacific. They know that Brennus is going to come for Evie and the Dominion are after Russell. Evie’s father, Tau, who’s a Seraph, shows up at the Dominion looking for her along with two other Seraphim, Cole Martin and Xavier Reece. We also meet a “wickeddamnsexy” Throne named Anya. Everyone is fighting for/to control Evie. This time she realizes that she is going to have to fight/kill for her love of Reed and her friends.

Incendiary is full of action. Bartol writes some of the best action sequences in books. Her descriptions are so engrossing, it’s as if your almost there. Of course her book is balanced with humor, tension, and romance. This time we have one chapter of Reed’s POV. I FLOVE this chapter. You always hear his perfect words he says to Evie, but to be in his head is incredible.

This book is my favorite in the Premonition Series. Some of the scenes with Evie and Tau, and Evie and Reed were perfection. I was loving the scenes with Russell and Anya. You see the brilliant mind in Ms. Bartol with the foreshadowing from book one in Incendiary. I read about 4-5 books per week. Sometimes I read so much; I need to clear my head. I need a book that has all the feels and that is comfortable like coming home. That’s the Premonition Series for me.
on December 7, 2012
Ive been sitting infront of my computer now for about thirty minutes just staring at this review box. I think another reviewer on here said it best when they described Amy Bartol's Premonition Series as so complex that it's hard to find words to describe it. This is the problem I am having. I was so floored after reading Incendiary that I'm having an extremely hard time trying to find the words that describe the depth that these novels make you feel. The plot in these stories is so complex and well thought out. My best example of this would be, in the first book of this series there is a scene where Evie is in her dorm room after arriving at college. She sees two different shadows, one in her room that quickly disappears, and then one outside her window that also disappears. As the reader this is seen as an interesting part of the story, but not highly significant. I was absolutely blown away when Bartol went to explain in this book (the fourth in the series) what those shadows were, going back all the way to the first book. I don't want to give away what the shadows were, but I literally gasped out loud when I found out! This is how complex, detailed, and well thought out this series is. It's utterly amazing! I have never come across another author that is this talented!

Several new characters come into play in this novel, and some of them are absolute game changers! I fell in love with Anya immediately, and welcomed the role that she played in changing things up. Russell has always been a favorite character of mine, and he is laugh out loud funny! He gets some of the best lines in the book. Russell is also changing a lot, and as he becomes more angel, he becomes a lot tougher. I was very happy that there was more Reed in this book! I would really like to see him end up with Evie. A few other new characters to arrive were Tau, Xavier, and Cole. Bartol does an excellent job, once again, at making these characters seem so real that you end up loving some parts of them, but hating other parts. My heart hurts for them at times because Bartol reminds you that the reason they were seperated from Evie was not their fault. I understood the depths for which each one of them care for her, but their need to protect her (even against her will), which is just one their angel atributes, becomes extremely infuriating at times. Xavier's role in the story completely swept my feet out from under me. I did not see that coming!! There is so much more to the story, and Im extremely anxious and excited for book five to come out so that we can learn more about what his role is. Bartol made me feel for him, and if his version of how things were when he was with Evie are accurate, it changes things entirely. What will happen as Evie's memories of him continue to return?? Then there is Brennus. Ive never had such a strong hate/love relationship with a villain before, but that's how Bartol works. Her characters are so strongly developed that you see the good and bad in all of them, but you can't help but love them despite it all.

I feel like I highlighted the hell out of this novel, LOL! There were just way too many memorable lines. Here are a few of my favorite quotes:

This one is Russell's in reference to Anya, "All's I wanted her to do was share my bedroom 'cuz there's no way I'm lettin' her stay here in a room all by herself and she started cussin' me out in Angel-and before you ask me how I know she was cussin', let me just say that all y'all have cussed me out enough for me to know,"

This one is Anya's, who is trying to learn English, in reference to something that Russell said to her. She is talking to Evie, "Wickeddamnsexy?" she asks in an intense whisper. I smile despite everything. "Wicked-damn-sexy is, well, the most beautifully alluring being you can imagine." She gives a soft snort of frustration, befoe whisper-shouting, "Not all of this is in Webster's- if he would just adhere to English I wouldn't want to kill him all the time!"

Then this last quote is from Reed, "The most fortunate day of my life," my voice falters and I have to pause before continuing, "was when I stumbed across you, Evie. I need you to stay with me...please...I will love you every day until my last. I promise you that I will." Then I do the hardest thing I've ever done in my life: I let go of her.