Incense and Peppermints Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
- 2019 ~ Readers' Favorite Honorable Mention Book Award Winner in YA~Coming of Age
- 5 Stars from Readers' Favorite
- "FAR OUT! Do not miss this gem of a novel. This thoughtful yet intensely poignant coming of age novel captures all the confusion, bliss and angst of a generation..." ~ Mensa Mama
- "The gritty realism of the many struggles she deals with makes this book so compelling. Plus, just when you think you might be reading a romance, the author takes a completely surprising turn. This book is more of a coming-of-age story that keeps you guessing until the end!" ~ Stephanie Faris, Best Selling Author
- "I immediately feel in love with Michael and Mary, wishing them together, but the talented author Catherina Constantine keeps you on roller coaster ride of emotions in this coming of age story that has everything from young love, jealousy and even taking you into the dark side of the drugs of that era." ~ Peace&Amps;Patriots
- "Loved, loved, loved this book. I felt like I was transported to the 1960's. This Author has a way of reminding us that life is a fragile thing and we should embrace the bad as well as the good." ~ Linda Romer, reviewer.
- "This story was beautifully written. The soundtrack was amazing. It was an amazing story, and the characters were easy to relate to." ~ Cranky TBC, reviewer.
- ASIN : B06XH81QJT
- Publisher : CHBB Publishing (March 8, 2017)
- Publication date : March 8, 2017
- Language : English
- File size : 3131 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 244 pages
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #373,813 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I know this novel is more of a coming of age story, but I’m a huge romance fan and Ms. Constantine put just enough in it to keep me satisfied. Although Michael was "too old" (by way of his life experiences) for Mary’s innocent nature, he was perfect for her. Michael had had a rough few years which had made him grow up faster than he should’ve. And yet when it came to dealing with Mary he didn’t take advantage of her, on the contrary he protected her. It was such a sweet story.
From its psychedelic beginning to its sweet, poignant ending I loved this story.
This YA read takes place in the late 1960s, but the story is easily mirrored in life nowadays. It's colorful and light, and intense and emotional. The crazy days of trying to figure out who you are when you're a teenager. Mary is immediately likable. She's a good student, a little geeky, and takes care of her family even when they aren't the best. Yet she tumbles into hanging out with the popular party girls and doesn't want to admit it's more than she can handle. Plus the hot Michael is at all the parties, and she wants to follow where he goes. It pulls at your heartstrings a lot.
This thoughtful yet intensely poignant coming of age novel captures all the confusion, bliss and angst of a generation that I was a living breathing part of. FInding a balance was tricky business as we surfed political protests, new philosophies and the growing popularity of recreational drugs. The characters are complex and the era is captured by this skilled writer! Five shiny stars!
The reason that this isn't a five star is that I found that it didn't read smoothly between some chapters. Also, there was an event that I thought should have been handled differently.
Her characters are relatable. You'll find yourself saying that some of them remind you of your teenage friends. The relationship between Mary & Michael is full of emotions!
I'm hopeful that she will write a sequel!