BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 16, 2012
Wow, I don't even know what to say. This book has such a great story line and great characters. In this book Tia decides to go out on her own for the first time after grieving the death of her fiancé exactly a year ago. She did not plan on meeting anyone that night but couldn't help but notice a man across the bar that seemed to be in a disguise. It didn't take her long to figure out she was sitting across from Dylan Miller famous singer and actor. Dylan who just wanted to get out without being noticed finds himself sitting across from Tia and can't help but come to her rescue when she is confronted by a drunken bar patron. Of course this is the start of the beginning of their relationship. Dylan finds Tia to be a breath of fresh air and Tia really enjoys being with Dylan but is convinced this will just be a fun weekend and once he leaves she will be left behind. Dylan decides he needs more than just a few days with her and after some consideration he decided to ask her to go on tour with him. During the tour Tia and Dylan get to explore their relationship more, but of course there's always someone waiting to ruin things. Penelope Valentine has just discovered she will be staring with Dylan in his next movie and is out to not only let him know but for them to also become the next big Hollywood couple. Penelope will stop at nothing to pull Dylan and Tia apart. By the end of the book you will be hoping Dylan and Tia can make it through all of Penelope's attempts to destroy them, and wishing Penelope would just get hit by a bus! She is by far one of the most annoying characters I've had to endure in a book! Purchase this book and enjoy! WARNING! You won't be able to put it down once you start and it's kind of long, so get comfortable!
on March 4, 2017
Excellent Read. I purchased this book in 2012 and loved it; I couldn't put it down. This is one of the very few books that I go back to re-read from time to time. I have only written a couple of book reviews but I feel this one deserves one. Your book tk me through varying degrees of emotions as if I was there. To me this book brings hope and is a reminder that there are kind hearted people out in the world that are willing to step forward and help strangers. That a simple gesture can turn into something bigger. Your book shows that there are 2 type of people: 1) positive reaction to a simple act of kindness; appreciative and gratitude. (Tia and Dylan) 2) the entitled; the ones that act like 'of course you better open that door for me', I'm better than you and I don't care about your feelings. (Penelope). You gotta love Karma! Ok, I'm the first type of person but I must say, there has not been a Hot Dylan around! Where is he?! Someday...a girl can dream.
on November 4, 2012
"I think I could lost in her..." ~ Dylan Miller

After reading this book I felt like I was in the sea of love. What a pure and honest love story. I have read so many rockstar love stories but this one is totally refreshing. No angst, no crazy hardcore rock and roll, but it is a story of two people who both got hurt in the past because of the death of their loved ones and have been trying to move on. Dylan was surprised when Tia recognized him at the Last Stop (a dump place where guys with dirt in the fingernails hang out - Lexi's description of the place - Tia's bff), she approached him to thank him for his gift of talent sharing to the world, she did not act like a crazy fan which totally amazed him and felt bad that he even pushed her away, and totally denied her recognition of him. Tia just recovered from the lost of her fiance, she was at that place trying to move on after a year of mourning and shutting herself in from her families and friends. When she saw the man at the bar who is far different from all the people hanging out in there, she couldn't help but give him a second look and observe. Nobody could tell that the guy who's in disguise, wearing a a mullet wig is no other than the front man of a popular rock band! But the tattoo on the back of his hand gave him away. No doubt about it, she knows the man in and out, she is totally a fan, and had watched the band's concert more than twenty times! From that incident, the night had changed both of their lives - an Incidental Happenstance.

I liked how their story began because it was not an insta-love, it was not rushed, but you can tell that there was a chemistry between the characters, and I connected with them. After their first meeting on that strange Friday night, all they wanted was to be with each other and savor the last few days the band will be in Chicago for a two-night concert, and because of that desire their journey of getting to know each other began. I felt like I was Tia's best friend Lexi who had been there to witness how their love for each other bloomed in spite of the two different worlds where they live in. I agreed on Tia's decision to keep Dylan's identity to herself, because I know for sure what would be the consequences if the whole world would know, especially the people from the town where she lives.

There were a lot of giddy moments, a lot of feelings of "Wow! I wish I was Tia!" - envy in a good way. The concerts were amazing, I felt like I was there also at the front row, witnessing all the extraordinary moments that a fan could ever experience! I was imagining that I could hear their music. The character of Penelope affected me so much! She is totally the villain whom you would hate to the core! When the story just ended abruptly after resolving their miscommunication, my thoughts were screaming in my head "What? That was it? No more? Where's the next page? Are you kidding me, is it already acknowledgement?" I wanna cry because it is unfair, I do not want this story to end! I am not fully satisfied, I wanted to know how their love would conquer all the differences, what's gonna happen next, are they going to get married eventually, how? And then I went to Kim DeSalvo's website and found out that there'll be a sequel and then yes! I calmed down, haay... (sigh).

Dylan wrote a song for Tia and it was amazing, that's one of the best reasons why I also fell in love with him. So check it out for yourself. This is a must read and until now I am still in a happy daze ;o)
on February 26, 2014
Incidental Happenstance was a well written story with great, appealing characters. I love books with the unassuming rock star and the unexpected chance meeting. Author Kim DeSalvo did a great job writing a distinctive book that kept me engaged from the first page to the last.
Tia was a struggling to start over after the loss of her fiancé, but she is strong and determined. She heads out for the evening and her night suddenly takes an unforeseen turn.
This was a fast read and the story was over before I knew it. I wanted more! I also appreciated the realistic personalities and setting. To top it off, I just found out that there is a second installment and the story continues in InHap*pily Ever After. I look forward seeing what happens with Tia and Dylan and to find out what happens next! Give this a try! 4.0 Stars
on October 8, 2012
I was certainly not part of the target demographic for this romance novel, but I am very glad that I took the time to read it.
Since I was fortunate enough to interview Isaac Slade of "The Fray" a few years back, and since my brother-in-law Jim Foelber was at one time the piano player for Ike and Tina Turner, the famous musician aspect of the story was fascinating. Since I have been an elementary school teacher myself for 36 years, the saga of Tia Hastings was riveting. Could a world famous rock musician / actor meet and potentially fall in love with a woman who spends her days teaching ten and eleven year old children? That is the premise that Ms. DeSalvo begins with and it is most interesting to see where she leads us on this intriguing tale. Her characters are highly believable, and within a few chapters you find yourself rooting for Tia and respecting the most admirable Dylan. Her style is cinematic and I kept imagining what the concert scenes and other pivotal plot points would look like up on the silver screen. I also kept thinking about which actors would be best to play Dylan, Tia, steadfast friend Lexi, and the despicable Penelope. If some producer is wise enough to pick up this story, everybody involved is going to have fun, especially the musicians who get to turn the work of Incidental Happenstance into real songs. Bravo, Ms. DeSalvo! Looking forward to the sequel!
on April 8, 2013
Any time you go to a movie you have to suspend disbelief. Well, in this book you have to do that! The relationship between Tia and Dylan (with the evil witch Penelope to keep them on edge) is the most important part of this book. It's a love story - pure and simple. As a practical matter I know a rock star of his magnitude is surrounded by managers and handlers - all the time. He has a manager, an agent, an accountant...any number of people who could have (and would have) chased this girl down, gotten her phone number, etc. Heck, Bo would have done this for him. Again...suspend disbelief. The agony, the joy, the love are all worth the trip. Very enjoyable book - once you suspend disbelief.
on October 31, 2012
"Incidental Happenstance" is a beautiful story of love so strong between two people who meet by chance. A well-written story with deep, realistic, and well-developed characters that you can't help but fall in love with. I certainly did. The passion between Tia and Dylan is so real you can feel their emotions leaping off the pages. I found myself constantly smiling throughout. This book sucks you in right from the start keeping you engaged right until the end. This is Kim DeSalvo's debut novel, and as such, she's done a brilliant job of creating a true romantic novel, thereby making you believe yourself in true love.

By the way, if you're looking erotic sex, or even tame sex scenes, you will not find it in this novel. This is true romance at its best. I highly recommend you give this novel a chance. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
on October 1, 2012
I absolutely read this book because of the cover! If you don't know me then you probably don't know my love for all things Paris related (and I will get there one day)! That said, this book was it's own Incidental Happenstance!

Tia Hastings lost her fiance one year ago and has been in mourning since. On the anniversary of his death, she decides she is ready to start over and get back out in the world. She goes out to a dive bar where she can observe the whole dating scene again.

Dylan Miller, megastar, just so happens to be at the same dive bar as Tia however, he's incognito and trying to blend into the crowd. Tia recognizes him and their relationship takes off immediately.

The characters are likeable, well other than Penelope Valentine who is out to destroy Dylan and Tia's relationship. This book reminded me a lot of Love Unscripted. I didn't like that Dylan was a rock star AND and actor, seems a little far fetched. I did enjoy the fact that the music brought them together and I wouldn't mind a follow up to Dylan and Tia's story.

[...]
on March 8, 2013
I have literally read it all the way through 4 times now -- and parts of it more than that. Dylan's desire to be seen and cared for as just a "normal person," not as a rock star or movie star, should give pause to anyone who gets carried away trying to meet celebrities -- they are PEOPLE before they are stars. The way he falls in love with Tia is so fascinating to follow -- she loves him for who he IS, not for anything he can do. Just can't even describe the grip this book has exerted on me; I keep going back to it over and over again. And I don't even GO to rock concerts!!
on January 7, 2013
it was a very can't put down book. I have read it twice and I still find things that I have missed. I snuggle with it under a warm blanket and the book takes my mind to the place and it shows great talent and I would recommend it to anyone the would like a nice love story. I have passed it around to a couple of my friends and they all seemed to enjoy it. I have read it twice and it brings tears and happiness and it makes your mind wonder. It also makes your mind think that you are there. I love it and I would advice other reader's to get it. It is a book you can't put down. Loved it.