- Size (LWH): 2.8 inches, 0.5 inches, 5.4 inches
- Weight: 0.96 ounces
Incipio SA-242 Samsung Galaxy Nexus NGP Semi-Rigid Soft Shell Case - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Magenta
|Price:||$19.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- The NGP stands for "Next Generation Polymer" - a semi-rigid dense polymer. This form factor makes it easy for you to wrap it around the edges of your Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
- The elevated buttons are designed to allow easy and clean use while keeping dust particles out. You will be able to charge your device or listen to music from your headphone jack without having to adjust the NGP.
- The NGP for Samsung Galaxy Nexus features a custom-cutout for full access to the 5MP camera and LED flash. Simply snap your photos without worrying about your case causing flash interference.
- The NGP provides complete coverage around the back and corners of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus leaving the touchscreen exposed for complete access and high-quality viewing experience. Using your touchscreen on-the-go just got easier!
- NGP comes bundled with the Incipio Vanity Kit, complete with one surface protector, an applicator card, and cleaning cloth. These are the ideal essentials to ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Nexus remains flawless and protected.
Top Customer Reviews
* Matte black finish - great because it provides grip and doesn't attract finger prints, looks good
* Flexible, yet firm, great for a solid case that can bounce back from an impact, slightly more rigid than other single body TPU cases
Cons (and it's a biggie):
* The overlay for the power/sleep button make it a chore to press the button, making this case a pain to use for me. I ended up trashing it and buying a different case as a result. I just couldn't get over how difficult the case made it to press the power/sleep button.
Other than that, this case would have been 5 stars. Perhaps they'll do a revision and alter the case to include cutouts rather than what they've done with this version.
I had purchased a silicone case cover by Amzer for my phone only to discover that the Amzer cover exerted pressure on the volume buttons causing the volume to change every time I just touched the left edge of the case. This is because the Verizon version of the phone has volume buttons that protrude more that the HSDPA version of the phone.
The Incipio case causes no interference with the volume buttons and has nice, pronounced bump outs over both the volume and on/off buttons, so that you can quickly find the buttons with your fingers. The Incipio case has a very high-tech, quality look and feel to it and has a matte black finish and grippy texture so that the phone won't slide out of your hands. The cover is also a bit thinner than a typical silicone case and the material (NGP) is a bit harder. The edges of the cover wrap around the phone so that you can lay the phone with the screen down and not risk scratching the glass.
It also comes with a screen protector, a nice bonus. About the only negative is that it is a bit more difficult to take the phone out of the case than a silicone protector, mostly due to the greater rigidity of the NGP material. Otherwise, it's 5 stars from me.
Note: I use a stock battery for my GSM GN. I can't comment on how this would work with any extended batteries, but I'm assuming the gap between the lip and phone would be slightly better.
This one fits my Samsung galaxy nexus perfectly and has already saved ti from damage in a few 3 feet and 4 feet drops on concrete and play ground and fell of my pocket while cycling once and i went tumbling and still my phone was fine.
I tend to (always do) throw my cell phone around in my house so it keeps banging on the walls now and then too. I dare to do that only because i an confident the case will keep saving it... which it does .. all the time.
All in all a good product and will definitely recommend it and buy again if i need to.
This case is hard but doesn't push the screen protector off. I have had several drops with no damage to the phone at all.
Only issue is the charging port is a tight fit. I had to shave off some around the hole to get all of my cables to be able to fit. 5 minutes of work and the case is perfect now.
Some of the pros for me:
- It fits the device perfectly - all the jacks, speakers, camera etc line up with the holes cut in the case
- It leaves some extra room around the charging port for usb cables that may have a larger plastic/wire coating near the tip
- The headphone jack is cut out to allow for plugs that are set to 90 degree angles and it has some extra room for standard plugs that might have a larger size to the plastic/wire coating near the plug
- It give the Nexus a little more weight and some grip which helps as I felt the device was going to fly out of my hands sometimes when I wasn't using a case because it is so light (I was coming from an OG Droid to this device - major weight difference)
The one negative for me:
- The power button is a bit stiff. You might not even notice it if you put this case on before using the device but if you go from no case to this case you will definitely notice. Thus my four star rating.
I am not using the screen protector that came with it as I keep my phone in my pants pocket without anything else in that pocket to ensure my screen isn't being scratched.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Case is pretty good incipio has better cases put there though this one is kinda bulkyPublished 3 months ago by Tony
case look exactly as shown. material is what I expected. I realized the added thickness and shape was not what I wanted for day to day use. Build quality was great.Published 21 months ago by Kristopher J. Wise
This case has a really sleek design that looks and feels like my phone doesn't have a cover at all - which is exactly what I wanted. Read morePublished on December 29, 2013 by Lauren Clapper
This case lasted me about 2 years. It has a great texture to it that makes it easy to grip,but not sticky. It is a very durable case without being bulky. Read morePublished on December 4, 2013 by Noelle
I have had this case for about two years now. It's super durable, and has protected my phone from dozens of falls. Not one scratch on my phone after these couple years. Read morePublished on November 14, 2013 by Nicholas Chebeleu
didn't like this case. it makes the power button nearly impossible to press. other than that it is good protection, but what is the point if you cant even turn the thing onPublished on November 8, 2013 by Clyde
It fits well, not sure what the complaints about the buttons are, mine line up just fine. The grey one has almost a hint of purple to it, which is a negative for me, but maybe not... Read morePublished on September 19, 2013 by Tony Nelson
I really like this case. Its slimmer and smaller them 2 piece cases but still offers great protection. Much better protection then you usual TPA case. Read morePublished on July 22, 2013 by Nathaniel Deyton
The comments about the power button being too hard to push are justified to some extent. But, it hasn't been a significant problem for me.Published on May 25, 2013 by Steve