Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Incipio Self-Healing Screen Protector Designed for Microsoft Surface with Windows RT (CL-482)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on May 13, 2013
I don't get all the negative reviews. It's application process is the same for all dry-application screen protectors, so I don't get why people are complaining. If you have trouble with this one, then you should probably have someone else install screen protectors for you because a lot of screen protectors use the exact same application method.

In case anyone decides to put it on by themselves:
1. WASH YOUR HANDS - If your hands aren't clean, you could put fingerprints on the "sticky" side of the screen protector
2. Clean your device - Since the screen is gorilla glass, I just used some glasses cleaning fluid and a microfiber cloth.
3. Peel back the tab marked 1 - DO NOT PEEL IT ALL OFF. Peel only a little bit and align the edge of the screen protector with your device
4. Apply the screen protector while peeling the rest of the bottom cover off. - If you get dust on the screen protector or on the device, use Scotch Tape to remove it
5. Squeeze out all the air bubbles - I recommend not using the card that it comes with because the edges are iffy. I just used a clean rubber spatula .-.
Note: Not all air bubbles are air bubbles. It might be because there is dust trapped underneath the screen protector. In this case, see step 7
6. Peel off the top cover - It's sorta saran-wrap like.
7. If there is any dust / air bubbles you cannot remove, take a piece of scotch tape and attach it to the corner of the screen protector. Slowly lift up the screen protector(not all the way, only up to the air bubble/dust) and use scotch tape to remove the dust or just reapply to remove the air bubble.

This screen protector was easy to apply and without any bubbles. The self healing also works! I got mine and when I pulled off the top sticker thing, it scratched the SP. I was kinda annoyed, but when I came back in an hour, the scratch was gone.
on May 10, 2013
Do you have a hermetically sealed laboratory?
Are you deficient in the production of bodily oils?
Can you cope with a single (or more likely multiple) circular blemishes on your screen?
Then this product is for you!

For the rest of us living in houses, apartments, outside, on couches, or at work (i.e. those who live on planet Earth) there is almost no possible way to avoid dust from settling on this screen protector. I was so close - it was looking so good - then I had to breath. Human weakness came into the picture and unbeknownst to me a minute dust fragment, some infinitesimal piece of a long lost sock, had settled on my bottom lip. The thin breeze issuing from my mouth was enough to dislodge it and no matter how much other dust I inhaled, it continued plummeting toward the screen protector where it promptly formed sub-atomic bonds with the plastic sheet.

I immersed the screen in soap and then cleansed it with alcohol (so it didn't take forever to dry), without realizing that I lived in a house and that I have a layer of skin, constantly shedding and rejuvenating itself. To make a long-story-short the screen protector was lost forever, slowly gathering fragments of myself until it too will become a living organism.

The moral of this story: $20 in dusty fingerprints and a clear-glass Surface Pro free of scratches (for now) and unsightly bubbles.
Upon further research I found that unless you purchased the RT (sans stylus) many screen protectors function adversely with the pen provided in the Pro package.

End-note: Save frustration and buy a Touch or Type Cover in combination with a case.
on April 4, 2013
The applicator does not allow for aligned placement. The bubbles are impossible to avoid and to get out. The smoothing card they send you is as flexible as a playing card, which does not allow for smoothing. The card has a rough, uneven edge, as if it were a piece of plastic taken from a model kit frame. The sheet comes with creases on the backing, which makes dents in the protector before applying it. There were fingerprints on the sticky side of the protector before taking the backing off to apply it. The film-like protector is too difficult to wield accurately.

This protector altogether has all of the worst qualities of a protector: horrible application, impossible smoothing, infinite bubbles, and bad packaging.

Do not purchase this protector. DO NOT.
on January 1, 2013
Bought this based on the "self healing" claims. Not sure it is really any different than a cheaper cover. It did not set on the screen very well. It required a lot of work to remove all the bubbles.
on January 14, 2014
Not sure of the "self healing", but went on easily (one dust particle remained) and protects screen as advertised. Not sure if its really needed, but makes me feel more comfortable with touch interface.
on May 9, 2016
everyones always talkin about the air bubbles, but i never had that problem. you need to wipe dust off your screen screen or else you get bubbles. peel off the corner a little then line it up, and keep peeling while sliding the screen cover on. gurantee little bubbles and just slide them out
on January 10, 2016
The package was a bit mangled, and the 2 protector sheets of the screen protector itself were slightly wrinkled, but I installed it anyway because I could not wait any longer. I found out later that there were a few dust specks on the protector. Maybe it was not packaged correctly. Who knows? Of course now I have a few bubbles I can't get rid of ... but, again, I could not wait any longer. I guess I'll have to live with it.
The protector sheet is slightly too small, maybe a millimeter or two shorter than the glass size. Inspect the sheet carefully when you get it, and make sure you are not in a hurry, in case you have to send it back. Also, next time around I will make sure I get the matte version to minimize fingerprints.
on January 22, 2015
Great protector for an inexpensive price. I've shopped around In stores and the protectors were more expensive. Works great for smudges and fingerprints. I guess I didn't apply it correctly and couldn't smooth out the bubbles but overall it doesn't matter because my tablet is protected.
on June 19, 2015
I was very pleased with this product when a zipper on my bag shredded a layer off of the side of the screen protector and I noticed the next day 80% of the protector had healed. My only complaint is that the air bubbles were a little difficult to get out other than that I am com
on June 11, 2014
I bought 2 from the Microsoft Store for RT tables we got for our sons for their birthdays (they saved 50%, family pitched in the other 50%). The 7 year old has had his cover on for 3 months now. I can honestly say that it is a royal pain to install, make sure your hands are clean and have lots of patience. I had just dried my hands on a linty paper towel and ruined one cover, could not get all the paper towel bits off. Before installing make sure the tables is super clean and free of dust, wash and dry your hands with a lint free cloth if you can. So why am I giving 4 stars? Because once on, I have to say that it works perfectly, does not alter the touch capabilities at all and it has survived 2 boys for months without a single scratch. I am picking up a few more for future replacement.