Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 20 Incredible Coconut Flour Recipes
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$3.99

on February 23, 2012
I tried out the waffles and the pancakes, and both recipes turned out beautifully. These recipes turned out beautifully even though I skipped the honey. (she uses honey as a sweetener in many of the baked items)In so doing, I produced almost carb free waffles and pancakes. I also skipped the chocolate chips in the banana pancakes.

I'm looking forward to trying more from her collection.

A lot of these seem readily adaptable to gluten free LOW CARB baking which is rare in gluten free circles and baking is a bit outside of the usual protein based paleo fare.

Love this cookbook. I think it's well worth the money, and I highly recommend it.
on March 7, 2013
A friend of mine has been sharing recipes from this book with me. We made the Broccoli and Cheese Quiche last night at her house. It turned out delicious. I finally bought the book myself after making the Quiche at her house. She regularly makes the Nutty Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard Sauce for her grandson and he loves them. My favorite is the Chocolate Buttercream! :0) I use homemade butter and it is fabulous on the Yellow Cake (recipe also in book). I have a friend who has Celiacs Disease. She really enjoys it when I cook for her with recipes from this book.

Bottom line this book has tasty recipes and is worth every penny spent!
on June 3, 2012
Like another reviewer's experience, the bagel recipe turned out to be a complete disaster. I had to add an additional egg and half cup of milk just to be able to stir the batter--it was that dry! I have since looked at similar coconut flour recipes and they never have more than 1/3 cup of flour because coconut flour is fibrous and soaks up liquids. When you take that into account, the ratio of flour to liquid in this recipe is WAY off. Even with the additional liquids, the batter was so dense and heavy, the bagels were like lead. Since the measurements were not even close, I have no incentive to try any other recipe in this book.

update 6/7/12
The author contacted me and advised that the measurement for the coconut flour is 1 cup after sifting. Since the measurement I used was 1 cup before sifting, which likely caused the problems I experienced, I am going to add a couple of stars to my rating until I get a chance to try the recipe again (at which time I'll add another update).

Update 8/26/12
I finally had a chance to try the bagels again. Although they were not as dense as the ones from my first try, I still don't like the texture and probably won't make them again.
66 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2013
Loved this book! I have all my family using these recipes. They only used Whole wheat flour and this really opened their eyes to the options available. Recipes are really good!
on August 17, 2014
The Kindle sample was very helpful this time. Because of it, I chose not to buy this book. The recipes could taste good but I was appalled at two statements the author made in the few sample pages alone. She stated that canola oil is heart healthy, and suggested that someone concerned about cholesterol should use EggBeaters. For someone current on, and publicly promoting, the health qualities of coconut, she needs to update her knowledge in these areas.
on March 20, 2013
I use lot of coconut flour in recipes and thought this recipe book would be a good addition to my collection. It is, but of course there's only 20 recipes and not much that I haven't seen before. I gave it 3 stars because it would be good for someone who is new to coconut flour.
on April 28, 2013
I bought the Kindle version of this book and it has simple, easy recipes using this alternative flour which tastes great. I like knowing I'm doing something good for my body and my family's.
on May 28, 2012
I was very excited about getting this cookbook and just made my first recipe from it this morning - the cover item Everything Bagels. I knew these would be different from a classic bagel, so I wasn't expecting dense and chewy, but still very optimistic. I made the recipe exactly as written...and had to add more milk just so I could form them into the pan...the recipe says to spoon the batter into the pan! Even with the additional liquid the "bagels" turned out very dry and crumbly...so cutting them in half and toasting them wasn't even a possiblity! Has anyone else had this experience? I'm wondering if an ingredient is missing or the amounts in the recipe are somehow incorrect.
on March 23, 2014
I've tried a few of the recipes. I think there is too much coconut flour in the recipes. I had another coconut recipe book that I loved, but lost, and was looking for a replacement. That one used much smaller amounts of coconut flour the products were light and fluffy. This is not what I was looking for.
on February 25, 2012
The author must not have much experience with low carb cooking. She uses a lot of sugar, honey and other carby sweeteners. I can make the adjustments to non-sugar related sweeteners, but someone who isn't experienced in low carb cooking may not know to change sweeteners to one suitable for low carb eating.